• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

what are your average boss stats?

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: what are your average boss stats?

Postby monnock777 » September 8th, 2020, 8:12 am

So does anyone use special dice with there bosses. I've been trying out the 2 double skull, 1 skull , 2 double shield, 1 black shield. With my bosses. Granted I use regular shield to defend with my monsters and use the black shields to prevent 1 hit kills on monsters, kind of likea dodge. Use that dice 5 attack, 5 defense, 5 body, 8 mind, 5 random chaos spells. This is for dark cleric.
monnock777

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Count Mohawk » September 16th, 2022, 12:40 am

I have a pluponderance of colorful dice, handcrafted from several pounds of normal dice, avery sticker sheets, hours of patience and a bank account which precludes buying the real deals from the german salesmen at spielwarensaloon. As a result, I tend to give my "quest bosses" access to Blue (two walruses) or Black (4 skulls) dice, and the "end-of-Quest-pack" bosses get the oranges (2 double skulls, 1 single skull, 1 double walrus, 1 single walrus).

My "named character" bosses had 3 BPs in the beginning, but my crew has 5 whole Packs under their collective belts now so they typically face bosses with 6-8 BPs now. (I play a very high-power game at my table.) Naturally, the "End-of-Quest-Pack" bosses are correspondingly stronger.
I try to do mechanically-interesting things with my bosses as well. Chaos Sorcerers are great for this, for obvious reasons (Chaos Spells are fun), but there are plenty of ways to buff non-magical characters as well. One of the more interesting buffs I gave to one of my end bosses was a magic carpet, which let him fly around in taking extra half-turns between each of the Heroes' turns. I also have a stack of Dark Relics to hand out on occasion - the heroes aren't the only ones that get to play with Artifacts!

[threadomancy isn't illegal on this board yet is it? i hope not]

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby monnock777 » September 16th, 2022, 8:26 am

I try to use my color dice sparingly; the heroes have great access to them with a variety of weapons an armor. As well as access to orange dice with double skull and shields in place of regular ones. For representation of having their weapons enchanted.
monnock777

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Previous

Return to Monsters