• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Next Heroes to Come by Azure + Other details

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Next Heroes to Come by Azure + Other details

Postby Azure » September 13th, 2020, 10:22 am

This is a shorter post. I'm currently working on the next heroes (Revisited) ; Barbarian, Necromancer, Druid/Druidess, Paladin/Paladina, Sorcerer/Sorceress, Wizard.

Barbarian : Actual passive abilities that trigger during battle in various circumstances (Damage, Kills, Overkills, Continuous Damage, Rage, Weapon Mastery)
Necromancer : Summoning, Dark Spells, Weakening Effects, Poison Spells
Druid : Nature Spells, Shapeshifting (2 or 3 forms), Regenerative and Protective Spells
Paladin : Heavy Armor, Defending Allies, Shield Abilities, some Holy Spells.
Sorcerer : Elemental Spells (all offensive, defensive, effects)
Wizard : Elemental Spells and Utility Spells

:blueorb: Mind Points: :blueorb:
I noticed something worth mentioning with the Mind Points. I know they become more useful later on in the Expansion Quests. However, in the early stages of the game, the Mind Points are pretty useless. They are useful against monsters though - - taking note that Mind Points are a resource that diminishes as one creature attempts resisting to Mental Effects (Fear, Sleep, Mentally controlled). In that sense, an Orc who fails their saving throw 2X against the Sleep spell will inevitably fall unconscious and maybe be removed from the board.

Now, considering that some characters have 5 or 6 Mind Points, that means they actually might never fall unconscious during an entire campaign !! I will talk about it later in the RULES section. For now, I am considering giving % percentage chances to resist Mental Effects to characters, along with 3 pips for Sanity Checks.

On a D10
Melee Fighters would have 40 % chance of resisting a Mental Effect.
Archers, Agile Fighters, rogues would have 50% chance of resisting a Mental Effect.
Wizards, Druids, Sorcerers would have a 60% chance of resisting a Mental Effect.

That is how I imagine it - - However I need additional testing for that.
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Next Heroes to Come by Azure + Other details

Postby lestodante » September 14th, 2020, 6:27 pm

To increase utility of Mind Points just add to your quests more Chaos Sorcerers with spells affecting Mind Points or that you roll as many dice as your MP to defend.
I also have a "Wandering Sorcerer" card in the treasures deck.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Azure » September 15th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Thank you very much - this is an amazing idea !!
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby monnock777 » September 15th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Mind point could also be tied to number of skills, or spells sets.
monnock777

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby lestodante » September 15th, 2020, 4:34 pm

My skill cards are given to the Heroes afeter each quest is completed. They can be used once and then are discarded but if not used the Player can save the card for a later quest. Again he will receive a new card at random after each quest that is accomplished but a Hero can't have more Skill Cards than his Mind Points score.

Also someone use the homerule that up to 3 Mind Point the hero can't handle any spell.
Four Mind Points (3+1) is the minimum required to handle 1 set of spells.
With 5 MP (3+2) you can handle 2 set of spells.
With 6 MP (3+3) you can handle 3 set of spells.
With 7 MP (3+4) you can handle 4 set of spells and so on.
Well this doesn't match correctly with the Wizards of Morcar as they have 6,7 or even 8 Mind Points so they should possess a lot more spells. But it is interesting anyway.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Azure » September 15th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Whoaaaaa that is oustanding.
By the way - - about the Evil Warlocks and Dark Sorcerers...whatever you might call'em - - I do plan to have very dangerous evil magic users in the set of monsters.
In Table Top simulator, I have so many original HQ monsters, as well as other nice 3D monsters that seem to be coming from the Diablo game (on PC).
That can make the evil magic users so useful for Zargon, as they can hold multiple spells to trick and thwart the heroes.
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Return to Heroes