• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Kellar's Keep Potion Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Kellar's Keep Potion Cards

Postby Davane » November 16th, 2020, 2:55 pm

I created some cards for the Potions from the US version of Kellar's Keep. However, since I use Carlos' Starter Pack, these have been revised to fit into the power level of the rest of the items. After all, who is going to pay 500 gold coins for a Potion of Restoration when you can buy a Potion of Healing for 100 gold coins?

The Potion of Restoration has been repriced at 250 gold coins, which is 50% of what the Kellar's Keep price was. In addition, I have increased it to 2 Body Points and 2 Mind Points. That makes it on par with the Potion of Healing, but because of the rarity of restoring Mind Points, the Potion of Restoration is a lot more expensive. I can imagine Heroes crying when they are forced to use a Potion of Restoration because they have run out of Potions of Healing!

The Venom Antidote has been repriced at 150 gold coins, which is 50% of what the Kellar's Keep price was. In addition, I have changed the ability to restore 2 Body Points, but allowed this to apply to all damage, making it a half strength Potion of Healing. The real point of the Venom Antidote is that it can be used to IGNORE all poison damage when drunk. Not sure how much poison damage is used in HQ, but I can imagine that it might find some use if those Natchya Goblins make a come back!

This potion is unchanged. Since Heroes can buy Boots of Lightfoot which increase their movement roll by +2 for 500 gold coins, I didn't see any changes needed for this potion.

I increased the Potion of Battle to allow a hero to reroll up to 2 of their attack dice in combat. Only being able to reroll 1 die seemed a bit weak for 200 gold coins.
"The HeroQuest World is loosely based on the Warhammer World which is the copyright of Games Workshop and is used by their permission."

HeroQuest Combined English Edition Rule Book (HQ CERB)
Davane

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Cards