• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Some Barbarian Skills cards - PTBR

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Some Barbarian Skills cards - PTBR

Postby Sunmay » September 30th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Sunmay

Goblin
Goblin

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Some Barbarian Skills cards - PTBR

Postby washi » October 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Cards legais, gostei da ideia. Como aplica eles, quais os requisitos para poder utilizar?
(Nice cards, I like the idea. How do you apply them, what are the requirements to be able to use?)

I read them and made a quick translation if someone want to read. Probably there is English errors and better words to define some terms.

https://imgbox.com/wDCpih1R

Bárbaro

https://imgbox.com/s943wvSO

Two-Guns Combat
You can equip one-handed weapons instead the shield. Attacks made with this weapon has 1 Attack Dice reduced.

https://imgbox.com/kWJz5sGq

Furious
While the Barbarian has 4 Body Points or less he receive 1 extra dice to attack.

https://imgbox.com/kbLdR6lX

Rush (or Assault, or another word... The best to define run towards the enemy)
When using the movement action to approach to a target, if still have some extra movement and this was the first time you rush into this enemy, the target will have 1 Defense Dice reduced against the first Barbarian attack.

https://imgbox.com/ao5lKn2b

Titan's Fist
Barbarian can use Two-Handed weapons as if it were One-handed ones.

https://imgbox.com/JB0h4eiZ

Blood Thirsty
Barbarian can sacrifice 1 Defense Dice to do an extra attack on turn. This can be used multiple times by turn. You recover 1 sacrificed Defense dice each 2 turns.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Orc26 » October 1st, 2020, 3:53 pm

Very cool. Thanks for the translation.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby DullandRusty » October 1st, 2020, 4:19 pm

Nice! Those make the barbarian a little more interesting. I created the same skills in my card set about a year ago, so for those wanting them in English:
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5120.
They are fun to play with. I did them in the classic style as well here:http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5141.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sunmay » October 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Yessss! Thanx for do this! Im looking for ho created these cards but all the images i had have no credits! im just made some minor adjusts and translated for PT-BR!
DullandRusty your work is great!
Sunmay

Goblin
Goblin

Postby StratosVX » October 7th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Also, I looked at the image used for the card back and the resolution on it is only 96 dpi. Not sure if this is what it was created at or if the hosting service degraded the quality, but you might want to go with a higher resolution if you plan on sharing/printing these.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sunmay » October 8th, 2020, 7:42 pm

i think the program im used give-me that resolution, or maybe when i uploaded the files i loss resoltuion. Im dont use on the moment Photoshop... im using the Hero quest creator card.
Sunmay

Goblin
Goblin

Postby washi » November 17th, 2020, 9:43 am

I'm looking for new skills for the four heroes. I'm thinking to give a new skill for each hero before start Kellar's Keep. Would any of you have some like this Barbarian from the post? For Wizard I'm thinking to give give more spells.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sunmay » November 18th, 2020, 9:12 am

Olá, para o Mago por ser uma classe não marcial, a criatividade fica curta nesta hora... e realmente acabamos por apelar para novas magias.

mas mesmo assim tenho algumas sugestões...

Talvez uma "Conjuração Dupla" gastando uma ação de movimento o Mago pode lançar 2 mágicas no seu turno em um mesmo alvo ou em alvos diferentes.

Pode tambem optar por "combinar" suas magias pra criar um novo efeito... tem algumas postagens no forum que fala sobre isto... eu particularmente acho uma otima ideia...

Por ultimo mas não menos importante o uso de novas magicas... quem sabe utilizar as magicas disponiveis na expansao Wizards of Morcar... e aumentar em "1" conjunto, passando de "3" para "4" conjuntos de mágicas para o Mago usar.

Outro recurso seria a habilidade de re-utilizar uma magia já lançada... quem sabe realizando algum tipo de teste e pagando Pontos Mentais... ae vai da sua criatividade...

Espero ter ajudado!

Hello, to the Mage for being a non-martial class, creativity is short in this hour ... and we really ended up appealing to new spells.

but I still have some suggestions ...

Perhaps a "Double Conjuration" spending a move action the Mage can cast 2 spells on his turn on the same target or on different targets.

You can also choose to "combine" your spells to create a new effect ... there are some posts on the forum that talk about this ... I particularly think it's a great idea ...

Last but not least the use of new spells ... who knows how to use the spells available in the Wizards of Morcar expansion ... and increase by "1" set, going from "3" to "4" sets of spells for the Wizard to use.

Another resource would be the ability to re-use a spell that has already been cast ... who knows, performing some kind of test and paying Mental Points ... to and from your creativity ...

aahh I saw there too that I ask about the cards made ... I ended up not doing any more ...

Hope this helps!
Sunmay

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Kurgan » November 19th, 2020, 12:42 am

Great ideas! That is what I love about this community... everyone shares their ideas and we take a little here and a little there and we create our own games out of the shared creativity. |_P

I gave up the idea of card creator possibly for that very reason (the idea of it is great but possibly needs an update). I use Paint.net (which is not as fancy as photoshop but its FREE!). I also recently discovered it's pretty easy to import free plugins into Paint.net that give it a lot of extra features too, including opening up PSD (photoshop) files.

I am all for Skill cards for different hero classes, especially after the players have gotten some seasoning and want more variety (can't let the Wizard have all the fun!). Younger players or not used to these types of games may prefer the simpler basics. ;)

My solution to the "I ran out of spells!" complaint is to basically give opportunities to find spell scrolls (using Sjeng I believe had this idea) where you find a Treasure card that gives you a random draw of Spell Scrolls. I let the furniture be more interactive... if Wizard searches the Sorcerer's table I let him recharge (or recover you could say) one used spell. This is only once per quest. If he hasn't used up any spells, then he gets a random spell scroll card.

Same with weapons... Weapons rack is an Equipment deck card (unless the quest treasure is specified instead). Of course now that I'm using the "one search per room, per player..." (so up to four searches per room for treasure) that means a lot more cards can be drawn potentially. Make it harder by taking out some of the good cards. And you can either use up the cards, or shuffle them back into each deck, so another person could get them again on the same quest. Four battle axes? Maybe I won't be that generous!

Alchemist's Bench will be where Searching for Treasure gives the Wizard or Elf a chance for a Potion... draw a Potion card. But it might be poison!

There are so many cards! But I am getting off topic. For my warriors, they have the Combat Cards to use, but with your system, the Barbarian himself gets his own special skills which I think is neat. In my system, the Dwarf can disarm traps easily, and the Barbarian is just "he-of-the-many-hitpoints." Everybody else either gets some spells or skills. But I still let my Barbarian and Dwarf draw Combat Cards, so everybody gets something, and as they complete more quests they can get more. I give my Barbarian stronger rolls with swords or axes (black dice) and let him draw a Combat potion, and get an extra Combat card, but nothing too complicated. The player who is looking for a character without many cards just a lot of body points so he can survive in combat will tend to pick the Barbarian. But he doesn't have to be boring, either! As they build confidence, introduce more options.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next