• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dullandrusty's homebrew modern style cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Dullandrusty's homebrew modern style cards

Postby Stig » December 16th, 2019, 6:01 am

Thanks, really appreciate the effort with this. Did you do the Hero Cards too or are you just using the originals? Also, are you able to put the .psd file of one in the Dropbox so we can make ours in that style too? I'd love that

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby StratosVX » December 17th, 2019, 7:02 pm

These cards are beautiful. Well done! I think the new style goes very well with the game.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 18th, 2019, 2:37 am

Stig wrote:Thanks, really appreciate the effort with this. Did you do the Hero Cards too or are you just using the originals? Also, are you able to put the .psd file of one in the Dropbox so we can make ours in that style too? I'd love that

I will definitely put psd files up. also yes, I did the hero cards too. they will be included on the dropbox I link this week. They are posted in the forums additions section under heroes.
It looks like even with deleating 90% of the the psd files, I am still over my dropbox storage limit for uploading. As such, I am going to do a free trial of dropbox professional to get extra space so I can upload the whole enchilada of my files. It will have the psd file for every card, so if you see something you like but want to alter, you will have access. I have to finish organizing the traditional style cards first to do so though as I will only have 14 days to post before the free trial expires (I wont be paying for the extra storage, but dropbox will leave all the files in my dropbox and just prevent me from syncing any new files)

If I can I will try to get that done this week, but I'm on vacation for the holiday so may not get to it before Christmas
Last edited by DullandRusty on December 18th, 2019, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 18th, 2019, 2:56 am

alright, I got the traditional cards sorted. I will get everything uploaded within the next few days onto dropbox. I was in contact with dropbox today about getting 25gb free storage as it is a new HP and they offer a promo for 25gb free for a year with new HPs (although mine did not offer me it like it was supposed to). If they don't provide me with that (they are looking like they may), then I will just do the free trial and upload everything then cancel it and not sync the account going forward so you all can access the files forever.

I will also post the traditional cards on this site's forum under the topic Dullandrusty's homebrew traditional style cards as well.

PS. if anyone has photoshop active (my subscription is over) feel free to use the psd files of the monster cards to create icons for the quest maker on this site.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby khimbar » December 18th, 2019, 8:36 am

DullandRusty wrote:alright, I got the traditional cards sorted. I will get everything uploaded within the next few days onto dropbox. I was in contact with dropbox today about getting 25gb free storage as it is a new HP and they offer a promo for 25gb free for a year with new HPs (although mine did not offer me it like it was supposed to). If they don't provide me with that (they are looking like they may), then I will just do the free trial and upload everything then cancel it and not sync the account going forward so you all can access the files forever.

I will also post the traditional cards on this site's forum under the topic Dullandrusty's homebrew traditional style cards as well.

PS. if anyone has photoshop active (my subscription is over) feel free to use the psd files of the monster cards to create icons for the quest maker on this site.

You. Are. Awesome.
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Lemmeron » December 19th, 2019, 7:01 am

Amazing work, I really like the lingering wounds. I did similar to you got a lot of cards done traditional style and then saw the modern template and went wow, why convert all these lovely pics to basically monochrome when we can go modern.

Just gotta figure out how to post mine as neatly as you, sent a pm.

Thank you for sharing

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 19th, 2019, 9:48 am

Lemmeron wrote:Amazing work, I really like the lingering wounds. I did similar to you got a lot of cards done traditional style and then saw the modern template and went wow, why convert all these lovely pics to basically monochrome when we can go modern.

Just gotta figure out how to post mine as neatly as you, sent a pm.

Thank you for sharing

I used postimage.org. Sent a reply pm with details.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 22nd, 2019, 7:20 pm

You. Are. Awesome.
<<<<<<<< This!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 24th, 2019, 12:45 am

alright all, the cards and files are all uploaded onto dropbox. Go into the heroquest folder and you will find both modern and classic style file folders. Each will contain the corresponding png files and .psd files for each card. I did not zip the files but can try to do so at a later date. Also, the hero tiles will be in there as well. the link is also posted on the first page initial post update for easier navigation to it. enjoy!

the link is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dz17xn1b0lettwp/AADZix7BvZ4Hf9Md3b1Jb-Bca?dl=0.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 24th, 2019, 1:42 am

RidingJapan wrote:I just saved all of the cards manually, and sorted everything in folders.

now i just need to figure out how to print them.

also...

do you have stats, character cards for all the different new characters?

i also have a few questions about the wizard and elemental spells, do they chose the groups? or have them all

I just posted a rules write up on this forum topic under the rule addition section: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5143

hope it helps!
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards