• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dullandrusty's homebrew modern style cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Dullandrusty's homebrew modern style cards

Postby DullandRusty » November 25th, 2019, 9:38 pm

khimbar wrote:This is ridiculous. In a good way I mean.

Wow. I mean wow.

So, so good. Is there a way to download them all at once or anything?

I'll try to figure out dropbox soon and let you know so you can dl them all at once. May be a week or two due to holiday schedule.
Last edited by DullandRusty on November 25th, 2019, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby DullandRusty » November 25th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:I still cannot over this post! I cant wait to print them out. :D Rusty, are you using the cards in your classic HQ game or do you play DnD/Heroquest homebrew? I wanna incorporate the HQ cards in my Dnd style homebrew game, just wondering what you are playin. :mrgreen:

Both.
They are designed to play with classic hq (but we do have other skills in our characters).
But i also use these in another group that is a dnd light/hq combo where players can make more decisions with how they interact with npcs,enemies and surroundings but uses combat based on the hq system with the hq dice. It simplifies combat but still has the rpg story interaction potential.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » November 26th, 2019, 9:09 am

DullandRusty wrote:
Weltenlaeufer wrote:I still cannot over this post! I cant wait to print them out. :D Rusty, are you using the cards in your classic HQ game or do you play DnD/Heroquest homebrew? I wanna incorporate the HQ cards in my Dnd style homebrew game, just wondering what you are playin. :mrgreen:

Both.
They are designed to play with classic hq (but we do have other skills in our characters).
But i also use these in another group that is a dnd light/hq combo where players can make more decisions with how they interact with npcs,enemies and surroundings but uses combat based on the hq system with the hq dice. It simplifies combat but still has the rpg story interaction potential.

Cool! I am still figuring out which aspects of HQ I wanna incorporate in the homebrew Dnd thing I am running. We just started out but I was thinking treasure deck, potions, artefacts, scrolls so far. We are using the dnd combat and I make my own monster stats so I gonna translate whats on the cards for dnd on the fly I guess. I am also thinking on using the HQ spells, still undecided if I wanna go into the whole dnd spell thing. :)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby RidingJapan » December 9th, 2019, 11:24 am

I just saved all of the cards manually, and sorted everything in folders.

now i just need to figure out how to print them.

also...

do you have stats, character cards for all the different new characters?

i also have a few questions about the wizard and elemental spells, do they chose the groups? or have them all
RidingJapan

Hero:

Postby DullandRusty » December 9th, 2019, 10:11 pm

RidingJapan wrote:I just saved all of the cards manually, and sorted everything in folders.

now i just need to figure out how to print them.

also...

do you have stats, character cards for all the different new characters?

i also have a few questions about the wizard and elemental spells, do they chose the groups? or have them all

I printed them on boardgamesmaker.com.

Yes, the stat/character cards for all the heroes are in the "heroes" section of the additions forum on this site.

The wizard starts with only a few of the elements...as they advance, they can take another school of elemental spells in to increase their spell library. Advancement is done based on x amount of quests finished in our campaign.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby RidingJapan » December 10th, 2019, 4:37 am

thanks found the heroes, and i saved all the cards.

what else am i missing? any homebrew rules posted anywhere? i am still not certain how some things in your system work
RidingJapan

Hero:

Postby DullandRusty » December 10th, 2019, 9:50 am

RidingJapan wrote:thanks found the heroes, and i saved all the cards.

what else am i missing? any homebrew rules posted anywhere? i am still not certain how some things in your system work

I have not posted them yet, i will try to get them up soon, but may be a week or so as i am currently traveling for the holidays.

The most confusing one would be the wizard cards. On the cards, some give the option/chance to retain the card or spend the card to play it. Onthese cards you will see something of the sort of a number followed by a book symbol, then a hand symbol. The number and book correspod to a mastery role. The wizard rolls 1 red dice and adds the number infront of the book symbol to it. If the total is less thna hus current mind points, he can play the card and keep it to play again on another turn in the current quest. If it is more thna his current mind points, then he must spend a mind point to keep it. The hand symbol means it takes his action for that turn. Some of the spells also have a blue diamond symbol, that means the cost to keep it also costs 1 mindpoint (in addition to the outcome of the mastery role)
You will notice there is also the option following that part on the spell card that says " or play (hand symbol) and discard (card with a line through it).

The elementalist works a little differently, when given the chance, she can keep a spell card by rolling 1 combat dice when cast...a skull results in her keeping the spell to play again.

I can give you explanations of other stuff too, like insanity cards and lingering wounds and how to remove them etc, just let me know what you are curious about.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 10th, 2019, 10:41 am

DullandRusty wrote:
RidingJapan wrote:thanks found the heroes, and i saved all the cards.

I have not posted them yet, i will try to get them up soon, but may be a week or so as i am currently traveling for the holidays.

The most confusing one would be the wizard cards. On the cards, some give the option/chance to retain the card or spend the card to play it. Onthese cards you will see something of the sort of a number followed by a book symbol, then a hand symbol. The number and book correspod to a mastery role. The wizard rolls 1 red dice and adds the number infront of the book symbol to it. If the total is less thna hus current mind points, he can play the card and keep it to play again on another turn in the current quest. If it is more thna his current mind points, then he must spend a mind point to keep it. The hand symbol means it takes his action for that turn. Some of the spells also have a blue diamond symbol, that means the cost to keep it also costs 1 mindpoint (in addition to the outcome of the mastery role)
You will notice there is also the option following that part on the spell card that says " or play (hand symbol) and discard (card with a line through it).

The elementalist works a little differently, when given the chance, she can keep a spell card by rolling 1 combat dice when cast...a skull results in her keeping the spell to play again.

I can give you explanations of other stuff too, like insanity cards and lingering wounds and how to remove them etc, just let me know what you are curious about.

This is so cool Rusty! Your homebrew rules sound great! I gotta say I am curious about your WHOLE rulesystem!! :lol: :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » December 10th, 2019, 12:34 pm

To be fair to give credit where it's due the wizard mastery system was based one of anderas's wizard systems awhile back with some tweaking to make my own.

The friar has a system as well with lethargy points that when a hero consumes from the feast or libations deck, you (the hero consuming the food or drink the friar played) acquire a number of Lethargy points and have to roll dice based upon the number of Lethargy points you have accumulated in the quest... With the chance of becoming intoxicated and falling asleep for a round increasing with the more Lethargy points you have.

I'll try to get a rule system posted soon. As each character varies and there are some other things like looting and parley attempts.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 10th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Nice! I keep watching this thread, sounds supercool.

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards