• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Event cards for solo HQ

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Event cards for solo HQ

Postby Pancho » August 20th, 2019, 4:28 pm

lestodante wrote:oh ok... so for every turn the spend by recovering energies or similar they will get a card ready to "explode"... I like this!

Yeah it’s a trade off. Spend time gathering their strength and organising into a battle formation, or push on and avoid a card being drawn. The effect of most of the cards is minimal, but there are a few brutal ones in there in the wrong circumstances...

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » August 21st, 2019, 7:38 am

Pancho, could you share also the plain texts with me so I don't have to retype the cards for my card format? :-)
Sorry
Thanks!

Lestodante,
I tried four mechanisms to control the onslaught.

The best was "Morcar, you take a counter each time no monster is on board" and then "An EWP card costs 3 counters". Best, because you could do other things with those counters, too. For example I "bought" special abilities for my monsters with them, too. However, taking counters is lots of bureaucracy.

Second best was mixing "nothing" cards into the deck and then just apply pancho's rule. That was second best because those "nothing" cards may be distributed unevenly, giving you a hard time sometimes and an easy time the other day. And if those cards start to give you a hard time, you can accidentally wipe groups from the board.

Third was just to situationally "forget" to take cards - if there is a quest with long hallways, suspend the taking of ewp cards, for example. That's third best because it's cheating, basically.

So the best best best way was to reduce my ewp cards in "hardness" to a level that was approximately even among the cards, and not too strong per card.

My only current game is my play by post game, and that is only along long hallways, so no ewp cards at all. I think about taking one card each week, next quest.
I don't want to apply real pressure, because we all work and sometimes have no time for the game. But on the other hand, I want to use them because they are fun! They finally give the EWP some tactical flexibility so that he is not only the one who puts models on the board just to remove them next turn.

And it's just fun when the door slams shut behind a hero. Those eyes. :shock: or those eyes :( hahaha :lol: |_P :barbarian:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » August 21st, 2019, 11:00 am

PM sent Anderas

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards