• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MadMickyG's Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Agin's Spell Cards

Postby MadMickyG » February 23rd, 2015, 12:43 am

Okay, 8th skill renamed:

Calm Waters:
When you focus your Ki in to your mind, you can clear your thoughts, allowing your mind to react faster, doubling your normal number of attacks each round. You may only move 2D4 spaces while using this ability, as it requires very intense concentration.

Slightly reworded too.

Now to do the last one, as mentioned by cynthialee. But Stick and Move, Stick and Move might be a bit long for the name. :P
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » February 23rd, 2015, 2:18 am

MadMickyG wrote: Stick and Move, Stick and Move might be a bit long for the name. :P

Flow like Water?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 24th, 2015, 9:21 am

Ki Strike: The monk focuses his ki into his palm, allowing him to deliver a devistating palm strike that causes 1BP of potential damage for each MP spent that can each be defending with one combat dice. So it attacks like fore of wrath and ball of flame.

Internal cleasing and healing touch say one MP per dice but no dice are used.

I think you're monk might be a bit overpowered. He could roll one dice per current MP when he meditates and regain one MP for every white shield. This would be an interesting mechanic, it would mean that it's harder to get MP back the less he has so he can either meditate regularly or risk using more MP.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » February 25th, 2015, 4:47 am

I have run him through a few quests, and he may seem overpowered, but with my dice rolls.....even with 5A/7D in Winged stance, I still managed to lose 2/3 of my BP quite quickly.
More testing is needed, or I need weighted dice to roll better.
Not sure if my monk will survive the quest required to try for the Staff of Sun Wukong!

EDIT: Just reread your post. I like the idea of the shield rolls for meditation.
It currently takes him 2 turns to regain 1 MP. But your method, for each MP he has during meditation, he rolls a dice and gets 1 MP for each shield he rolls is potentially better. It allows for a chance to gain more.
And as you said, the less MP you have, the longer it takes to regain it.

And I thought about Ki strike, or even a Kamahamaha like attack too.

Oops. The Healing are meant to be one MP per Body point. :P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » April 4th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Made a change to the Meditation. If a Black Shield is rolled (either 1 when rolling 2 dice, or two when rolling 3 dice) it generates a wandering monster. If a shield is rolled as well, you regain the Mind point, but still have to deal with the monster encounter.

Kids didnt want to play Bastion of Chaos yesterday, so I soloed it with the monk, but it wasnt too easy. Had to use a healing potion and heal myself twice.
As a solo character, he is good, but he lacks power when in a group with higher BP monsters. But I guess thats okay, as he works well with other players to make him do a bit more damage.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Re: MadMickyG's Cards

Postby MadMickyG » February 13th, 2016, 6:25 am

I know this is pretty old thread, but have been changing some things about my player cards.

For the Monk, adjusted to these abilities:
DODGE - Whenever an opponent attacks, you may attempt to dodge,
causing it to miss completely. If you roll a White shield on one Combat die,
the attack is dodged and you may use Counterstrike. On any other roll, defend
as normal.
COUNTER STRIKE - If you successfully dodge an enemys’ attack, or
no Skulls are rolled in the attack against you, you may counter with a single
strike. The opponent defends as normal.
MEDITATION - Meditation takes two turns. Roll a Combat Die for
each current Mind Point. For every White shield rolled, a Mind Point is
restored. If two Black Shields are rolled, a Wandering Monster appears
next to you and attacks. No other action can be taken while meditating.

I may change the need for Meditation, as I am thinking about changing from the Monk Ki powers to Monk Stances. Attack Stance for extra AD, Defense Stance for extra DD and another stance or two.
Could depend on current Body points and used like spells perhaps.

I use the Monk to solo quests and they arent too easy. But trying to round it out better as a class.
Plus, fit in better with the Counterstrike the monster monks have.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 18th, 2016, 3:51 am

Have decided to try a different tack with the monk and his abilities.

Instead of the Ki Cards (not throwing them away) I am going to make 4 stances, to tie in with the elements.

Air Stance - Move with speed and focus when attacking. Reduce Attack die by one but attack twice due to increased speed.
Earth Stance - Ground yourself to the earth, improving your defense against incoming attacks. No chance of Dodge but can ignore any single point of damage.
Fire Stance - Channel your inner fire in to your fists. Reduce Defense die by one, add one to your Attack die.
Water Stance - Move fluidly and gracefully, avoiding any incoming attacks. Reduce Defense die by one, roll an extra die to Dodge. Improve chance for Counterstrike.

As my monk moves with 3 Standard dice, I am either going to make it use 2 while in stance, or roll 3 and take the two best.
Will be making the stance cards this weekend methinks.
Will take an action to enter the stance.
Might even have an item that allows for two stances together, or a master that can use any or all at the same time.

Thoughts?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 18th, 2016, 9:20 am

Here are the front and back covers for my Ranger spells.

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/03/18/r ... ells-long/
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/03/18/r ... over-long/

Yes they are longer than normal, because the cards I put them on are that size.
You just need to shorten the bottom of the card front to get them the right length.
For the back cards, just shrink the image to the same size as normal cards.

Apologies, but I didint keep the normal size card PSD files.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » March 18th, 2016, 10:23 am

MadMickyG wrote:Have decided to try a different tack with the monk and his abilities.

Instead of the Ki Cards (not throwing them away) I am going to make 4 stances, to tie in with the elements.

Air Stance - Move with speed and focus when attacking. Reduce Attack die by one but attack twice due to increased speed.
Earth Stance - Ground yourself to the earth, improving your defense against incoming attacks. No chance of Dodge but can ignore any single point of damage.
Fire Stance - Channel your inner fire in to your fists. Reduce Defense die by one, add one to your Attack die.
Water Stance - Move fluidly and gracefully, avoiding any incoming attacks. Reduce Defense die by one, roll an extra die to Dodge. Improve chance for Counterstrike.

As my monk moves with 3 Standard dice, I am either going to make it use 2 while in stance, or roll 3 and take the two best.
Will be making the stance cards this weekend methinks.
Will take an action to enter the stance.
Might even have an item that allows for two stances together, or a master that can use any or all at the same time.

Thoughts?
Stances! Love it! I'd go for the full shao lin menagerie I think, tiger/ice, leopard/shadow, mantis/lightning, crane/air, snake/water, monkey/earth (for use with a bo staff), dragon/fire. I think that's all of them. I'm not sure about the idea of combining stances though.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » March 18th, 2016, 12:43 pm

I made my own animal form, pecking bird. Raise both hands touching your temples with you palms facing downward and have your hands open with your index finger, middle finger and thumb touching and rapidly pinch your opponent into submission with a series of rapid and highly annoying 'pecking bird' strikes. I also invented a jump spinning front kick. Try them the next time you spar. :D

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Cards