• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Custom EU cards [artefacts]

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Custom EU cards [artefacts]

Postby Teldurn » June 29th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Rod of Memory proccing on a black shield is a very good balance. With only ~16% chance to recast the same spell, even the chances of casting Genie over and over are astronomically small. :) Well done.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby TMU » July 12th, 2014, 9:47 am

Yeah, the wand is really nicely balanced and also makes the wizard think is he ready to risk a possibility to lose his attack on that turn. Well done!
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » December 5th, 2015, 9:20 pm

Thanks for posting these, I will be having a look at them and seeing how they fit in to my game :)

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » December 16th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Yeah. I've made these cards as well:

herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » December 17th, 2016, 9:31 am

So the possessor of the hammer cannot be healed by the wizard? Or given any other boon? Sounds like a curse.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 17th, 2016, 2:39 pm

whitebeard wrote:So the possessor of the hammer cannot be healed by the wizard? Or given any other boon? Sounds like a curse.

Should probably be reworded to "The possessor of Sognirstane can't be harmed by elemental magic spells".

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » December 17th, 2016, 2:52 pm

I dunno. The original quest says that elemental magic has no effect on the bearer. I'd take that to mean any elemental magic.

Since its the heroes who use elemental magic, it makes sense that it would be designed to not allow the healing spells to work. After all, how often do you fire of wrath your own party?

Chaos spells by the very name dont seem to be elemental magic, but chaos magic. I'd say that hero could be targeted by a chaos magic user, otherwise, why the distinction "elemental", you could just say "magic" and call it a day.

For the day, it was a weapon with a unique upside, the designer probably thought it needed a downside to balance.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » April 19th, 2017, 12:55 am

I'd say all WoM spells and the most of the NA Chaos spells affect the possessor of Sognirstane. Since the Halls of Durrag-Dol was created independently of the NA system, I wouldn't include Ball of Flame and Sleep in that group.

Should I one day choose to play this Quest, I think I'll go with Goblin-King's suggestion for the hammer to only prevent harmful elemental spells. I like it as an NA player because monsters with multiple Body Points already balance two attack dice. Also, a crossbow may be purchased by more than one NA Hero, so a returning hammer that prevents beneficial magic will soon be discarded.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » April 10th, 2019, 3:29 pm

I think the Rod of Memory is too much powerful: imagine if the wizard will associate a healing spell or Rock Skin to the Rod; at the beginning of the quest, in an empty room, he can try to cast and re-cast Rock Skin over and over again until all the Heroes got Rock Skin on them (well... maybe also multiple times on the same hero if you allow this, so it will be +2+2+2+2+2+2+2 dice in defence). The effect on each hero will last until he suffer a wound, then on the next empty room the Wizard could cast it again and again. So my idea is this: rolling a skull will result in nothing and end of the turn. Rolling a white shield will result in a succesful casting, but rolling a black shield will result in losing your turn and 1 mind point. So after 5 fails he will think twice before using it once more.
Another solution is to roll a red die. 6 is a successful cast, 1-5 is fail but with 1 he also lose a mind point.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » August 31st, 2020, 5:51 am

I think the only way a Zargon (or Morcar) should allow this is either with some Evil Wizard Cards or some rule on equipping.

Lestodante makes a good point. If the Wizard stays back he could constantly cast (or attempt to cast) Water of Healing. There's also a good point with the Rock Skin too.
Other spells are circumstantial and should be cast at the right time. But this can only be cast with luck of the dice.

If the heroes don't hold back and just carry on with the quest without waiting for the Wizard to successfully roll a blackshield, he'd probably only do it twice per quest.

But if the heroes are given a chance to just wait for the Wizard to get a lucky roll this won't work, which is why I can only suggest the Evil Wizard Card. If I'm not mistaken, the rules of which apply when Zargon/Morcar have no monsters on the board to control, he may draw one, which keep the heroes constantly moving. There'd have to be some repercussions as this artifact is too powerful.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards