• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Custom EU cards [artefacts]

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Custom EU cards [artefacts]

Postby Sjeng » July 21st, 2012, 5:20 am

After my remade Monster, Chaos Spell, and Scroll cards, I finished my Artefact cards (= quest treasure).
I changed the backside of the card with the "Artefact" text on a scroll, added Zenithfleet's already made KK/RotWL artefact cards, remade the original 5, and balanced and remade the EQP/BQP artefacts as well.
I left out the scrolls, because I added those to the scroll deck.
I also changed the functionality of the Ancient Staff, as it was way overpowered. This staff would prevent any chaos sorcerer from using any spell if the elf was in the same room. And you can use it 5 times. That's a whole lot. So I didn't make the staff reflect spells, but only cancel them, and I added a die throw to it, so you'd have a 1/2 chance of failure, 1/3 chance of succes, but also a 1/6 chance of permanently losing the staff.

I noticed the EQP and BQP both have an item to add +2 BP and +1 MP to the Elf and Barbarian's total. This means I'm going to have to make similar artifacts for the Dwarf and Wizard. I'll add them in the next PDF. I need some nice art. I might also make some extra artifacts with limited uses for Dwarf and Wizard. I can use the 2 unused drawings for the wizard from the US artefacts (wizards cloak and staff) and the US wand of recall. Just need to find some Dwarf stuff.

Let me know what you think so far!

eu_artefact_back.jpg

Finished cards now complete!
Monster Cards
Artifact Cards
Treasure Cards
Potion Cards
Equipment Cards
Elf Spell Cards
Chaos Spell Cards
Scroll Spell Cards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sjeng on August 15th, 2012, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Custom EU cards [artefacts]

Postby knightkrawler » July 21st, 2012, 1:45 pm

Perfect, those.

For Dwarf stuff, take a gander at the Warhammer magic stuff, if you can.
Or the Dwarf Army book.
That's what I do first when I'm re-doing stuff for HQ.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 21st, 2012, 2:35 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any Warhammer books or other reading material. Never played it.

I made these so far:

artefact-card-runes-sjeng.jpg
artefact-card-mage-hood-sje.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 15th, 2012, 10:30 am

Okay, so I've added these 2 cards to the PDF. I haven't made any new cards, as I noticed the Barbarian doesn't get anything especially for him either, it's just the Elf really, so I decided against making new stuff. The 2 Elf items are quest related anyway, and he loses them afterwards. So if a DM wants to create a quest for any of the heroes in particular, it's better to add a new item especially for that quest in the notes.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » December 30th, 2012, 10:41 am

Created a new card for use with the "Halls of Durrag Dol" quest. More to follow :)

artefact-card-sognirstane-s.jpg

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » December 31st, 2012, 8:20 am

Aaaaand some more!

From a Growl of Thunder:
artefact-card-thunder-belt-.jpg
artefact-card-thunder-glove.jpg
artefact-card-thors-hammer.jpg

From Running the Gauntlet:
artefact-galimatias-sjeng.jpg

Some artwork thanks to Goblin-King ;)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » January 21st, 2013, 1:23 am

Thanks, Sjeng! You've done it again.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 26th, 2013, 8:22 am

Thanks! I've added some more cards, and updated the file again. Decided to add the disappearing dust and the poison quill after all, and ordered the cards logically. Also added two artefacts from the Dark Company quest.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 5th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Since we've been playing HQ with the NA rules lately, I found that some of the "softened" NA artefacts I made for the EU game were too soft. So I reworded the Throwing Dagger back to the original mechanism.
I also added a new artefact with the art from the NA Wand of Recall (which is different from the EU card art). I wanted to use it for something, and I had seen a "Rod of Memory" somewhere, that enabled a caster to recast one spell endlessly. Well, that would have been waaaay to OP (infinite Genie?) so I added a new mechanism. Hope you like.

artefact-card-NA-magical-dagger-sjeng.jpg

artefact-card-CU-rod-of-memory-sjeng.jpg

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby adtbm » June 29th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Just found them andt hese cards are great. Thanks !

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
adtbm

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: Deutsch
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards