• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Forum Update +

Discuss the HeroQuest Sticker Album by Merlin Stickers.

Forum Update +

Postby drathe » July 14th, 2017, 9:35 am

Hello Ye Olde Inn!

We will be updating the forum software near the end of August to the newest version of PHPBB.

We've been holding off on updating as some features we use will not be compatible with the new version, such as the dice roller used for Play-by-Post games. But we will need to upgrade eventually as the version we have won't be supported forever and I have a bit of time to do so throughout the summer.

We are also looking into updating the Homepages as well. More on this later, but hopefully the end result will allow us to better provide fan content. There's a lot found on the forum we would like to host on the homepages, but the current setup and coding is outdated and can be tedious to manage. We want to change that.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Forum Update +

Postby QorDaq » July 14th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Great news, looking forward to seeing the updates. Of course I'm not a PbP player (at this point anyway), so the Die Roller does not affect me at the moment. But for the future, will there be a way to add a die-rolling function?

Regardless, thanks for the heads up.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » July 14th, 2017, 1:07 pm

Too bad about the die roller. I understand though. There haven't been any games of late anyway, but I really enjoyed the one I did.

As a side note....I was planning on setting up a Dropbox archive with all the HQ stuff I could find organized in it. If you're gonna do that anyway for the website, is there any need for me to do it?

Chris

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » July 15th, 2017, 8:13 am

Good luck...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 15th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Is anyone else having issues with some of the gallery pictures not displaying? Some of them I get a 503. It doesn't seem to be an overload or bandwidth, because its the same pictures on different days.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 15th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Decipher wrote:Is anyone else having issues with some of the gallery pictures not displaying? Some of them I get a 503. It doesn't seem to be an overload or bandwidth, because its the same pictures on different days.

For months. There is a topic on it somewhere.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 16th, 2017, 12:55 am

clmckay wrote:. . . As a side note....I was planning on setting up a Dropbox archive with all the HQ stuff I could find organized in it. If you're gonna do that anyway for the website, is there any need for me to do it?

I don't expect what ends up getting added to the homepage will include everything that can be found. If you're after a complete, organized collection, I think your Dropbox idea would be different enough to still have merit.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 16th, 2017, 1:03 am

j_dean80 wrote:
Decipher wrote:Is anyone else having issues with some of the gallery pictures not displaying? Some of them I get a 503. It doesn't seem to be an overload or bandwidth, because its the same pictures on different days.

For months. There is a topic on it somewhere.

Go here. I offered what worked for me on page 2.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 16th, 2017, 7:31 am

I'm kinda worried that some of the artwork posted could be lost one day. Is there like a backup on google drive or anything if this should happen?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » July 17th, 2017, 9:50 am

Deadalus, here is what I get when I try to view some of the pics in the gallery:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/gallery/image/rating.php on line 170: Attempt to assign property of non-object

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to HeroQuest Sticker Album