• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Goblin-King » June 21st, 2014, 8:35 am

These things are always open to some degree of interpretation.
Just like in HQ you are forced to houserule a bit when the rules aren't 100% clear.

RAW: If a card says HEAVY weapon, then it doesn't say EXTRA HEAVY weapon. They are two different weapon classes. That's pretty clean cut.
RAI: When the cards were written there weren't any such thing as EH weapons. The intention of the card is to destroy a weapon that is not a bolter. Seems reasonable enough this could also include a EH weapon.

Use your own judgement. How do you want YOUR game to play out?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 21st, 2014, 11:22 am

Exactly : it's free !

After 25 years of playing this game, here's how I use to do with "mission dreadnough" :

-> all order cards (fire, move it, by section etc) are working for extra heavy weapons
-> all gear cards too (the suspensor gear card too for instance / I allow the targeter on the extra heavy weapons because I've created a kind of panel for each team that includes the new weapons so you can insert the plastic token on the panel)

Why ? The extra heavy weapons allow 1 more die when you open fire with it and it seems ok ... but the new dreadnoughts + android blips make the 3 missions completely impossible.
You also have to make a 5 to destroy the new bulk doors so it becomes too much difficult and ridiculous.

Since the creator of this expansion never tested it, I also play mission dreadnoughts by using the 2 gear blips of Eldar's attack.
It allows the team who is discovering it to get a new/used card order + gear used (melta bomba, blink grenade) or to get a new gear.
It gives a fair tiny chance to equalize the forces.

Any logical game master who wanna win use to attack marines on hand to hand combats because they have few chance to succeed face to a simple gretchin.
It gives more points quickly to the chaos forces so more new blips for the next game and event card to play (genestealer, genestealer, genestealer mwhahaha)
The first team to be destroyed is clearly the imperial fist because the commander is too weak.
It's the worst team in the game in fact face to the 2 others.

Anyway, they haven't created a new result board, didn't included new gear and order cards to equalize the forces and it was something frustrating.
Eldar's attack with some unbearable errors like the basic movement of heavy weapon (3 squares lol) it's the more interesting and balanced expansion when you use 1 player (aliens) vs eldars.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 24th, 2014, 3:03 pm

For those interested: Space Hulk is now on sale on steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242570/
€2,30 for 1 or €3,70 for 2. Don't know if it's really good though.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 24th, 2014, 7:03 pm

I already had it. I wouldn't really recommend it.
It's too slow, and the randomness of dice and jammed weapons aren't quite as fun when you play alone on a pc as when up against an actual player.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 26th, 2014, 1:30 am

It has been released on steam last year + some expansions. (the last one on april 2014)
They have fixed a lot of bugs (ps : you can change the speed of the game) but a lot of aren't fixed yet.
For instance in easy your bolters cannot be jammed ... but it's alsmot the case when you play a game.
Just another GW licence developed by a tiny studio from india. (there are a lot of errors in the french translation too)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 26th, 2014, 4:43 am

For me it felt like a puzzle game. A puzzle game where sometimes your pieces randomly explode!

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HeroQuestFrance » July 5th, 2014, 11:48 am

I found something to change in the pc game Lurchbrick !

Take the imperial fist
Use the order "fire!"
Fire one time, move then try to fire by using this time the combi weapon : the game doesn't allow you this.
:o

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » July 6th, 2014, 7:03 am

Thanks for the bug report. This will be fixed in the next update.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 6th, 2014, 2:42 pm

I can't believe I've only just found this. This is awesome, great work! I won't be getting much done for the next week or so. :)

I've only played the first mission, just now, but there's a couple problems I found.

When I looked at the second mission just to see the layout the music that plays when you choose your equipment didn't stop, so there were two tracks playing over each other.

After his first turn the dreadnought wasn't able to use one of his heavy weapons but I hadn't wounded it. Then on the next turn I killed it by shooting and scoring four. So I think it only has an armour value of two.

After moving or attacking with a marine you can't select a different marine and go back to use the other action later. You could definitely do that in the official computer game and I think in the board game as well.

I wasted the medi kit in the first turn by clicking on it by mistake and started again. Maybe a confirm box for equipment and orders.

I miss the 3-D animations when I move and attack, but I used to wish they were skippable to speed things up so maybe I'm just never happy.

With auto rerolling you miss out on the choices to either stick with a roll that kills something or gamble and go for a higher score.

Order cards affect the commander as well. They didn't in the official computer game.

I had a quick look at the mission creator (lovely addition) but I couldn't place a docking claw anywhere. It just stayed red. Maybe I was doing something wrong. I only had a quick play with editor.

I think marines should be able to exit the mission on any of the docking claws. I know it's not like that in the actual games but it would speed up the most tedius part.

I think there should also be an option for the chapters to have a random order of play every turn so that the blood angles aren't unfairly favoured and the ultramarines aren't always at a disadvantage.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » July 6th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Order cards affect the commander as well. They didn't in the official computer game.

I have the amstrad cpc 46 and 6128 versions and order affect commanders.
It's also the french translation in the rulebook of the boardgame.

I think marines should be able to exit the mission on any of the docking claws. I know it's not like that in the actual games but it would speed up the most tedius part.

hehe should be too easy to live the board then !
28 event cards are the final countdown and sometimes you can loose the game because you're not faster than expected to go back to your entry point.
(each one for eah team)

I think there should also be an option for the chapters to have a random order of play every turn so that the blood angles aren't unfairly favoured and the ultramarines aren't always at a disadvantage.

And what about imperial fist ? lol it's a games workshop rule set so it's not amazing : they never playtested their own games in the past (dungeon quest and so many)
By the way last mission I did :
hand to hand combat
ork 4
blood angel commander 0 :
commander dead (dreadnough and one droid hit me before)

How frustrating it is lol everything can happen this is space crusade, the survival horror game

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room