• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » March 11th, 2015, 4:33 pm

Does that mean I might see my Space Wolves squad soon then if you haven't started Eldar Attack? :) The space wolves would be easier than the Salamanders/Dark Angels because they don't need a flamer, although the others would work without it I suppose, it would just mean deciding how to do the missile launcher.

I think the next thing I'd do would be a terminator squad using a new chapter because they have to give up four equipment cards to use terminators anyway, so the new chapter could just have two targetters, blind grenades and a melta bomb. Their orders could be Move It, Fire, Heavy Weapon and Photon Grenades so there's two Heavy Weapon and Photon grenade orders, same as Close Assault and By Sections. That would be a really good addition and Space Hulk already has terminator sprites as well. The psycher would obviously be a pain but it could be replaced with two ordinary terminators for a seven man squad if the extra marines option is being used. Then they could have the maximum three stom bolters/power fists they would normally be allowed and one of each of the other special weapon combinations. If the extra weapons option is on they could have all three special weapons available and otherwise only be able to select one.

I'd make the new chapter the Raven Guard or Iron Hands I think because they're the only ones from the classic nine loyalist chapters Slev listed in the other topic that I didn't make rules for (Iron hands with a bianic arm and bionic eye equipment cards to give them a choice looking at Slev's summary, "Static Defense, very shooty - Tech-heavy, like to replace their body with bionics". Or a name I always thought would be good for a marine chapter is Celestial Knights. It has a double meaning (nights) and their colour could be that really nice shade of deep shiny blue.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » March 11th, 2015, 5:47 pm

This got me thinking and I've come up with eight equipment cards for each. They shouldn't have the heavy weapon and photon grenades orders thinking about it because that's what my salamanders/dark angels have got and I'm hoping they make it in at some point.

Iron Hand Terminator Squad
Orders
Move It, Fire, Heavy Weapon, Close Assault (for the storm bolters).

Equipment
Bionic Heart: Commander has eight life points.
Bionic Legs: Commander can move six squares.
Bionic Arm, Bionic Eye, Blind Grenades, Melta Bomb, two Targetters.

Raven Guard Terminator Squad
Orders
Move It, Fire, By Sections, Photon Grenades.

Equipment
Armour Suspensors: All terminators including the commander can move five squares.
Prototype Storm Bolter: The commander's storm bolter attacks with two red dice.
Chain Fists: The squad's power fists are exchanged for chain fists that can attack diagonally with the same rules as the close assault blades.
Shield: The commander uses a shield on his sword arm that makes his armour value of three apply to h-t-h combat.
Blind Grenades, Melta Bomb, two Targetters.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » March 26th, 2015, 10:20 am

Hadn't played in a while but tried the 1_5_8 version for the first time last night.

Blocking.JPG
Unmanned tarantulas don't block los and I don't think the front part does even if they're manned.

Arc.JPG
I couldn't shoot the dreadnaught even though it was in my firing arc.

Protection.JPG
Tarantulas now give too much protection for missile launchers. In an earlier turn the dreadnaught shot and killed a marine on the square that the cursor is on by scoring a 0 and a 3 but the tarantula gunner didn't die.

I think blips can move more than five squares if their movement after that allows them to be revealed. I noticed this a while back but forgot to mention it. It happened with a chaos commander. He was definitely out of sight after moving five squares and then moved one more to where he was in sight and shot me. This isn't actually a problem if this is what they're meant to do but I don't think it is because it doesn't happen in the board game.

If a dreadnaught's path is blocked and it can only move one square in the direction it wants to go then it doesn't move at all.

Dreadnaughts don't move after they've shot even if they kill their target and should want to move towards another. I'm not sure if other aliens can shoot and then move, I've never looked out for it.

It would be really handy if there was a save option mid-mission. Although this might not be the easiest thing to add.

I still think the photon grenade icon should be black. I keep thinking the BAs have got blind grenades and it nearly killed them last night, the BA commander took everything from two abomination class dreadnaughts and didn't even get wounded. :D

Aliens that shoot with two white dice still waste their shots on covered tarantula gunners and dreadnaughts without a las cannon still waste their shots on tarantulas (but only shoot with their assault cannons).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » April 20th, 2016, 2:12 am

New Frontier campaign: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3tq7y ... ontier.zip

I just finished play testing it a couple of days ago and made a few final revisions. I was a bit concerned that it might be too hard but I didn't fail a single mission so the difficulty should be spot on for first timers to the missions.

I'm working on a new campaign, done three of the missions. It will be a bit less Mission Dreadnought themed and each mission will have a different load out.

The latest version has some fatal bugs, I'm using 1_5_7 and that works fine.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby LurchBrick » July 23rd, 2016, 8:19 pm

The long wait is finally over, the Eldar expansion pack is now able to be played!

There have also been a number of changes to the mission editor:

- Limit which weapons the squads can take in a mission.
- Change the starting rank of your squads.
- New mission objectives.
- Adjust the number of enemies in a mission. You want your squads to fight 100 Gretchin, you can now have them! You want 100 chaos marine reinforcements, why not?

See the 1st post for the download link.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » July 25th, 2016, 3:37 am

New update:

Fixed a number of unfortunate bugs.
Now able to set the number of reinforcements that arrive each turn.

See 1st post for download link.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » July 26th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Another new update just to fix some minor bugs

See 1st post for download link.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Soul Reaver » November 7th, 2016, 5:38 am

Hi Lurchbrick.

Firstly, want to commend you on the games you've made - I was incredibly pleased to come across them.

I've been playing your Space Crusade game solo (I think the version number is 202 - that's what the executable says anyway) and had a most spectacular final mission - every marine dead, save the Blood Angels commander with Power Sword and Power Fist. Managed to kill the last gretchin (after a Genestealer ambush) with only 2 health left, then hightailed it to the docking claw...

But then got hit with this:

of Step Event0
for object marine:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,3] out of range [1,3] - -7.tempscore(100004,3)
at gml_Script_calculateallkilledalienscr
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_calculateallkilledalienscr (line 0)
gml_Script_marinedeath
gml_Script_motion_step
gml_Object_marine_Step_0

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Also: during the initial mission select screen, I've got:
MD1. Assault
SC1. Seek and Destroy
Seek and Destroy

I can't see the Eldar missions, and 'Seek and Destroy' doesn't let me select any chapters to play with (just gives me a black screen on the usual Chapter Select screen). Is this because I played an older version first and traces of it are still on my harddisk?
Soul Reaver

Hero:

Postby LurchBrick » November 7th, 2016, 7:23 am

That bug has been fixed in the latest version, 203. The link is in the 1st post.

And yes, those mission files are from an earlier version of the game and won't work with the latest version. You should delete all the mission files from the following folder before starting the latest version to ensure you get the updated copies of the missions:

C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Local\Space_Crusade\Missions

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Soul Reaver » November 8th, 2016, 2:56 am

LurchBrick wrote:That bug has been fixed in the latest version, 203. The link is in the 1st post.

And yes, those mission files are from an earlier version of the game and won't work with the latest version. You should delete all the mission files from the following folder before starting the latest version to ensure you get the updated copies of the missions:

C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Local\Space_Crusade\Missions

That was quick!

I downloaded your new version (will play it later). I can confirm that deleting the old mission files seems to have done the trick.
Soul Reaver

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room