• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » June 9th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback HeroQuestFrance! I'll address each of your points, be aware that some of the differences may be due to StarQuest vs Space Crusade:

1. Good point, I'll add this to the next update.

2. Ah, currently there is only 1 auto defence card, there should be 2. I'll add that in.

3. I haven't changed the assault cannon rule. This Assault cannon description is a way of explaining what happens when you roll double zeros on the red dice, thematically I see the marine trying to shoot and the weapon jamming. When I've played SC, if the player controlling the assault cannon marine rolls shoot dice and gets double zeros then they missed with their shooting and don't get a chance for hth combat as they were trying to shoot. This is the same as if any other weapon rolled double zeros.

4. I originally did make the aliens conduct hth combat whenever they were in range. However this led to the marines getting wiped out way too quickly and the marines would only win the mission about 10% of the time, this does not make for a fun game. So I made the aliens shoot more than they attack in hth. Even with this change, the missions are still difficult but not overly so. Besides, it makes more sense to me thematically that a small gretchin would be shooting at a marine rather than running up to one and attacking in hth.

5. All rerolls are automatic.

6. The New order and Battle plans events give out random orders automatically.

7. I'll look at changing the doors to make them stand out more.

8. thanks.

9. The assault cannon marine can move after shooting. Once you press the Fire Cannon button and roll 1 or more on the dice, the game searches for all the liens in sight that can be attacked. E.g. You rolled 1 after pressing the Fire button. Any gretchins would have a target on them, but any chaos marines in sight wouldn't because you need a roll of 3 to overcome the chaos marine's armour. Every time I have tried this with the assault cannon marine, it works, even using the Move order. Are you sure you haven't moved the marine, pressed the Fire button and then tried moving again?

10. The missile launcher is the only weapon that requires you to hold down the ctrl key to target empty squares. What has happened here is similar to the example I gave you above. Say I rolled 3 for the assault cannon. If the marine could see 1 chaos marine and 3 gretchin, then each would have a target on them. If you clicked on the chaos marine to shoot him, you would need to use 3 points from your dice to kill him, that leaves you with 0 points. Now the targets will no longer appear on the gretchin as you've used all your points to kill the chaos marine. In those situations, you have to decide if it's better to kill one heavily armoured alien or multiple lightly armoured ones, just like it mentions in the rule book on how the assault cannon should be used.

11. There is a fullscreen option. From the main menu, select Options. You will see a fullscreen button to change to fullscreen.

12. In the rulebook I have, it specifically says on pg 9 under the heading Line of Sight that blips are revealed even if there are other miniatures in the way.

13. Do you mean that aliens move in diagonal between 2 marines? If so, then that is allowed. I don't see anywhere in the rulebook that says they can't do that.

14. I have never seen this except when the Mech Assault event occurs. Androids should always move 4 squares every other time. Does this happen all the time?

15. As point 2, there was a missing auto defence card.

16. Yes it can. You need to hold down the "CTRL" key to show targets on all the squares the marine can see.

17. Do you have the rest of the error message that appears under the #####################? As that would help me to pinpoint where the error came from. Was the alien mekaniak event played just before this occurred?

Once again, thanks for the great feedback. All this definitely helps. I'll upload an update with all the fixes tonight if noone reports anything new.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 10th, 2014, 1:00 am

12. In the rulebook I have, it specifically says on pg 9 under the heading Line of Sight that blips are revealed even if there are other miniatures in the way.

Damn we haven't such things in french. they are very severe with the line of sight.

13. Do you mean that aliens move in diagonal between 2 marines? If so, then that is allowed. I don't see anywhere in the rulebook that says they can't do that.

Well aliens between aliens, space marines between aliens, space marine between space marines, alien & space marine on a corner of a corridor. That's the french rule : not allowed in diagonal.
But the way it works is ok since u move faster ^^.

14. I have never seen this except when the Mech Assault event occurs. Androids should always move 4 squares every other time. Does this happen all the time?

it happened 3 times. I'll try to let u kno if it happens again.

Thank u for all your answers and for this great game !
I know u spend hours and hours on heroquest & space crusade so if we can help,we'll do it.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » June 10th, 2014, 1:31 am

For the Android movement issue, if you could let me know as much as possible about it such as which mission it was in, did it happen at the start of the mission, which squads were used, etc, then I should hopefully be able to narrow down why the Android is getting more movement than it should.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I wish it didn't have as many bugs as it does though. :(

But your feedback is very welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 10th, 2014, 7:15 am

I have to go back to work but here is the answers :

Android (first one to appear) moved of 6 squares all the time.
The squad I used was only the blood angels.
It was the first mission.

The android was revealed in the third board when my space marine (bolter) was entering it.
I count the squares and told to myself" ok he can't beat me to hand in hand combat hehe" and plaf !
No special event about android movement were on.

This android killed me segeant in the last board in hand to hand combat because he shooted me several times and finished me. (he was following me argh !)

I will play tonight so if I encounter other things, I'll let you know.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 10th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Well after 4 games, I comeback to you with notes :

1 No mission reminder while playing ? It should be good to get an option to check the goal of the game running.
2 During mission 4, impossible to fire on the dreadnought while is in front of the assault canon in his ine of sight. something wrong it gets on my nerves (for one turn only)
3 blips are not always revealed see image
5 mix of 2 monsters ? see image below
6 order cards are for the entire squad and benefit all members of it. It makes a non sense a captain only gives an order "move it" for instance to only his member squad. The original card say your marines" ... so the sergeant is not a space marine ? I never played the boardgame as you made it.
7 when the event malfunciton gear appears, you don't know who is targeted about a lost gear card and which squad is targeted.

Just guess where are the 2 bugs I met on the image below :
http://www.noelshack.com/2014-24-1402428224-space-crusade-bugs.png

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » June 10th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Thanks again for the feedback.

1. The next update will have buttons that display mission objective reminders.

2. Not sure I understand this. Are you saying that after pressing the Fire button, even if you have rolled 5 or more on the red dice, you can't target the dreadnaught?

3. Did these blips appear after a redeploy? Or did they appear after a marine moved onto a board that hadn't been explored yet?

5. Did those aliens attack just after they walked on top of each other? Did they change from blip to alien before or after they were on top of each other?

6. Order cards do work on the Commander also. I've just tested using Move it a dozen times and it works on the Commander each time. I tried the following after clicking the order button: moved the commander his full movement 2 times and then attacked, attacked with the commander and then moved his full movement 2 times, and finally moved with the commander 6 squares, attacked and moved again 6 squares. Are you able to tell me when this didn't work?

7. When this event is played, the text does say which squad is targetted, all the marines will be selected (red square) and the screen will move to centre on the affected marine. If this isn't happening, can you please save a screenshot of it?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 11th, 2014, 7:12 am

2. Not sure I understand this. Are you saying that after pressing the Fire button, even if you have rolled 5 or more on the red dice, you can't target the dreadnaught?

Exactly. My space marine rolled a 6.. 2 rooms away with doors opened, the half of the dreadnought was appearing so in his line of sight : impossible to target it and to hit it !
Frustrating !

3. Did these blips appear after a redeploy? Or did they appear after a marine moved onto a board that hadn't been explored yet?

The blip you see on the image to the top left corner was in the room above. It opened the door and move into the corridor junction in front of the space marine but it hasn't been revealed. I don't know why.

For the 2 minis, it weren't blips but minis. the orc moved on the square and opened fire, then the second monster did the same and stopped on the same square !?!?

About point 6 it's not working to me. I'm going to download again the game, may be I have something corrupted in the file ?

Ok for the last point. Will play after work again ^^ (too good ^^)
I'll let u know everything I found strange.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » June 11th, 2014, 11:38 am

A new update is ready for download (link in first post - v1_3).

This update fixes a number of bugs as well as adding 2 new buttons that display your current objectives.

HeroQuestFrance: Can you please check to see if the Assault cannon still has this bug? If it does, can you please take a screenshot of it? Also, I haven't fixed the blips and aliens standing on top of each other bugs but I know where the problem areas are.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 11th, 2014, 3:59 pm

WOOOOOWWW ok I odwnload and test I'll post feedbacks and bugs If i found some

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 11th, 2014, 5:36 pm

of Step Event0
for object alienmissile:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 143901.object_index(13, -1)
at gml_Object_alienmissile_Step_0
############################################################################################

This bug happened at the end of the mission, the only left figurine was my blood angel sergeant with one life point.
The chaos marine with a missile launcher targeted me from an adjacent square and made a suicide attack and fired on me ... and bug appeared read above... I guess I'm dead lol

One more time -with the blood angel sergeant- on mission 6 or 7, I played the order "move it" and once again he could move into the room (4 squares) then attacks in hand to hand combat then ... cannot move again ! damn it !

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room