• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Missing HQ Sculpts

Projects created by Zealot Miniatures may be discussed in this room.

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

Postby j_dean80 » July 23rd, 2017, 9:45 am

I play HeroQuest. Never played OldHammer (Warhammer). I actually like those sculpts. They look "HeroQuest" to me.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Thantos » July 25th, 2017, 5:34 am

Seems like there is more than I had thought! :P

For the first sculpts, Id agree that picking 2-3 from the most common base quest set would be a smart move. More people would have a use for these base game sculpts. We can explore the expansion models in another batch later?

I'll set up a poll. Options for the initial sculpts of:

Sir Ragnar (wounded/ captured)
Ulag the Orc Warlord
Grak Orc Warlord
Wardoz, Zombie Wizard
Balur, Fire Mage
The Witch Lord

Any more poll options needed? :D
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 25th, 2017, 6:24 am

I still think a female barbarian should be on the list.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thantos » July 25th, 2017, 6:57 am

Ok will add it xD

Do have this lass coming out soon (with some minotaurs for beauty and the beast! )
Barb1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » July 25th, 2017, 7:03 am

Thantos wrote:Seems like there is more than I had thought! :P

For the first sculpts, Id agree that picking 2-3 from the most common base quest set would be a smart move. More people would have a use for these base game sculpts. We can explore the expansion models in another batch later?

I'll set up a poll. Options for the initial sculpts of:

Sir Ragnar (wounded/ captured)
Ulag the Orc Warlord
Grak Orc Warlord
Wardoz, Zombie Wizard
Balur, Fire Mage
The Witch Lord

Ulag and Grak could be represented by the same mini. One "Orc Boss" should be good.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » July 25th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Thantos wrote:Ok will add it xD

Do have this lass coming out soon (with some minotaurs for beauty and the beast! )
Barb1.jpg

Very nice,got a female dwarf coming soon?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 2nd, 2017, 12:12 pm

Thantos wrote:

Yes.

aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » October 3rd, 2017, 2:20 pm

aaronAGN wrote:
Thantos wrote:

Yes.

I've seen that one before. That's a Morcar/Zargon mini, right? Do you know who made it and if it's available anywhere?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 3rd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:
Thantos wrote:

Yes.

I've seen that one before. That's a Morcar/Zargon mini, right? Do you know who made it and if it's available anywhere?

I read somewhere From Daedalus that Geoff Sims made it.
He's got a site and maybe still takes commissions.
I'll link you to the discussion.

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1196&start=20
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 5th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Thantos wrote:. . . Are there any sculpts from the base game which we would love to see?
For example, SIR RAGNAR! We need a model of this guy, captured version and released version!

Suggestions welcomed on what to create! |_P

Both Ragnar's would be awesome, but if there is a limited number I'd think one version of a haggard Sir Ragnar would do the job for the base game. Of the other suggestions, I like a single figure for an Orc boss and the Witch Lord--they both see multiple Quest use.

There is a suggestion I'd put ahead of all others, however. Mention of a female Barbarian and Dwarf have been made, but I'd think Oldhammer female versions of all four Heroes would be most useful. Female Heroes would not only serve female (and male) players well throughout the entirety of the base game, but they'd also retain their usefulness beyond into all later expansions. The original female Barbarian, female Elf, and concept art for the female Wizard (see the link below) even provide a starting point.
[Oh yeah . . . I just saw the Beauty and the Beast topic and recalled you've already created the four female Heroes. Maybe Oldhammer versions aren't so needed, though it would still be nice if they got added in some day. -edit]

Decipher wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:The unreleased monsters from the Wizard and Dwarf Quest Packs that never were. I'm thinking they would of had molds made during their planning stages. If anyone would know it should be him...

Wouldn't it be a HeroQuest miracle if Mr. Naismith said "Yeah, I actually have some old concept drawings from Game Workshop or Milton Bradley laying around somewhere". Dear Lord the hysteria.

Toco has previously posted stuff at his blog about concept art he found for the unreleased Wizard's and Dwarf Quest Packs. It was headed up by the US branch of Milton Bradley, so it wouldn't be likely a UK-based sculptor across the pond like Mr. Naismith would have been involved.

4-ups (enlarged versions of the figures) for the unreleased DQP and WQP were in fact made and lie under the protection of some very fortunate Heroscapers. Toco opened this thread at Old Scratch's Heroquest Forum and got some interesting verifications from Skyknight.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Zealot Miniatures