• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[HQP] Character Sheet

All topics related to the HeroQuest Prime project are discussed here.

[HQP] Character Sheet

Postby Teldurn » September 19th, 2014, 4:04 pm

After an initial very rough draft, I cleaned up some lines, rearranged some other stuff and behold. I think I covered all the required areas that need to be kept track of.
I will still need to scan into Photoshop or Illustrator, ink out the lines, and replace the text with the official HeroQuest fonts, where appropriate.

War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [HQP] Character Sheet

Postby Goblin-King » September 19th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Looks really good overall. A couple of comments (take it or leave it).

* Unless it serves a purpose I think you should reduce the spaces between the boxes. Too much air.
* The banner for Quests Completed is not tattered like all the other.
* The boxes seem too small for Gold and Quests completed. Of course this depends on how you plan to do things...
* In general it's a good idea to either make lines align OR not align at all.
Take a look at potions, mercenaries and quests completed. Quests completed is placed just a little bit higher than the other two.
Preferably it should be moved ~1cm down to align with the other two.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » September 19th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Looks really good overall. A couple of comments (take it or leave it).

* Unless it serves a purpose I think you should reduce the spaces between the boxes. Too much air.
* The banner for Quests Completed is not tattered like all the other.
* The boxes seem too small for Gold and Quests completed. Of course this depends on how you plan to do things...
* In general it's a good idea to either make lines align OR not align at all.
Take a look at potions, mercenaries and quests completed. Quests completed is placed just a little bit higher than the other two.
Preferably it should be moved ~1cm down to align with the other two.

Thanks for the feedback, GK :D

In the past when I've done character sheets, I always had a tendency to fill in every last nook and cranny, and that made it seem cramped. One of my goals here was to Use More White Space.

That said, I agree about the alignment of boxes. About that, once I digitize it, I can have more flexibility with sizing and aligning. That will all be fixed once I get it scanned and inked on the computer. The spellbook definitely needs to be straightened out and made a bit larger. :)

For the Gold and Quests Completed boxes being too small...well, I agree about the Gold box, that's a good point (and I will change to go along the bottom of the same box with a dashed line above it, to look more like how Mind Points look in the bottom half of the scroll next to it), but how much room do you need to either write down a number, or even hash marks? For example if you have 13 quests completed: |||| |||| |||

Finally, on the one hand I agree with you that I should keep everything consistent and make the banner ends of Quests Completed more tattered, but on the other hand, I also kind of like how it looks just like that. Truthfully though, I will likely tatter it.
|_P

Rewards:
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » September 20th, 2014, 3:04 am

Teldurn wrote:how much room do you need to either write down a number, or even hash marks? For example if you have 13 quests completed: |||| |||| |||

Not much... At our table we like to write down the actual name of the quest (Sounds more impressive to have completed "Return to Barak Tor" than #12).
But if you use marks, the size should be more than enough.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 20th, 2014, 3:36 am

I'll be printing out a chart where we'll enter the quest name, pack, and #, with columns for the heroes. I will do EVERYTHING to make role sheet entries obsolete. There's just a Hero character card for identification and starting stats. Changes will be represented by cards, markers, tokens, and some charts where I, Morcar, make entries. The Heroes don't have to write anything down at this point.

That's not to say that this isn't a nice sheet. For the sake of aesthetics I agree with everything G-K said, including quests completed. I would give each of these bottom three spaces the same size and spread them out thoroughly. Also, yes, you can scale the empty in-betweens down. How do you plan to handle gold? with tokens during quests? then you're good with that box. But in case you have to erase and change and erase and change, the paper will take it's damage at this space very soon.
I really like that spell book. Nice touch.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » September 24th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Comments?

Rewards:
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » September 25th, 2014, 10:23 am

Very nice. The only thing that might not look good is the blank spell book for most of the characters. Maybe combine spells and skills and use this one for the magical heroes.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » September 25th, 2014, 10:45 am

Perhaps the non-magical ones could list any spell scrolls here?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » September 25th, 2014, 10:57 am

I have 2 suggestions, but they will probably come across nit-picky
1.) The axe on the left, the shaft/handle thing is way to long for the diminutive size of the head. Possibly change it into a Halberd or Spear or something like that...
2.) Drop the numbers by the ranks as some Evil Wizard players may want to slow the progression of heroes and with it printed on the card they could have conflicts.

Like I said a little nit-picky. But other than that, fantastic. :-)
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » September 25th, 2014, 11:01 am

clmckay wrote:Perhaps the non-magical ones could list any spell scrolls here?
I forgot anyone can use scrolls. I really don't like that rule. A barbarian casting from a scroll, not right! Only characters with a magic level (zero counts for those who can only cast from scrolls) can in my rules.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to HeroQuest Prime