• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Q8 Tipping the Scale

Quests for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.
Forum rules
Please follow this format:

Post Subject: Q#. "Title" by "Author"

First Post: Map + Quest Notes

Following Posts: Public discussion.

Q8 Tipping the Scale

Postby j_dean80 » October 28th, 2018, 9:16 pm

"The Kobold Trickster still roams free and the dragon scale remains unfound. Re-enter the Kobold's den and finish these tasks. The Emperor will reward you 200 gold coins to split amongst you."

A. The Heroes begin and exit the Overland Tile. The two locked doors are blocked by a cave in behind them.

B. This Kobold knows all the Swamp Spells.

C. The Kobold Trickster sneaks through the trap door before being defeated. The Kobold's were smithing something in the fire. The first Hero to search for treasure will find the Artifact: Spiked Shield. The spikes on the shield are made from dragon scales. A Hero may stand on the trap door and the following turn will start on the other trap door.

D. The Kobold Trickster stands on the "X".

Wandering Monster: 2 Kobold
Last edited by j_dean80 on October 30th, 2018, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Q8 Tipping the Scale

Postby Count Mohawk » October 30th, 2018, 10:50 am

So after leading the Heroes around by the nose for 4 Quests, the Kobold Trickster finally runs out of hiding places!

Any thoughts on his stat line? I'd imagine something like 10 Move, 2 Attack (both in melee and at range), 3 Defend, 2 Body, 3 Mind - he may be a boss character, but he's still a Kobold, so how strong can he really be? If someone wants to argue for a burlier Trickster line, though, I'd go with it.
Also if he retains the Gang-Up ability, he could potentially snipe a Hero already surrounded by Kobolds for 5-6 dice of damage... which would be hilarious, if not exactly the way the ability is supposed to work.
The Trickster should probably also be able to do "mobile attacks" - that is, move partway, attack, then move the rest of the way. It won't help him avoid death in the last room, but it's definitely on-point for flavor!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » October 30th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:So after leading the Heroes around by the nose for 4 Quests, the Kobold Trickster finally runs out of hiding places!

Any thoughts on his stat line? I'd imagine something like 10 Move, 2 Attack (both in melee and at range), 3 Defend, 2 Body, 3 Mind - he may be a boss character, but he's still a Kobold, so how strong can he really be? If someone wants to argue for a burlier Trickster line, though, I'd go with it.
Also if he retains the Gang-Up ability, he could potentially snipe a Hero already surrounded by Kobolds for 5-6 dice of damage... which would be hilarious, if not exactly the way the ability is supposed to work.
The Trickster should probably also be able to do "mobile attacks" - that is, move partway, attack, then move the rest of the way. It won't help him avoid death in the last room, but it's definitely on-point for flavor!

The Kobold Trickster has a monster card already. Think his stats were pretty much the same as other Kobolds if I remember right.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » October 31st, 2018, 2:27 am

I copied and pasted yes. No problem changing that one for you.

You're the only one using the monster so far; so just consider and decide for a statline; I will change that Monster Card.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » October 31st, 2018, 7:20 am

Anderas wrote:I copied and pasted yes. No problem changing that one for you.

You're the only one using the monster so far; so just consider and decide for a statline; I will change that Monster Card.

I think he should at least have 2 BP. I'll look at it later to see other possible suggestions.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » November 3rd, 2018, 7:47 pm

j_dean80 wrote:
Anderas wrote:I copied and pasted yes. No problem changing that one for you.

I think he should at least have 2 BP. I'll look at it later to see other possible suggestions.

How bout:

Kobold Trickster
Mo-9 A-1 D-2 BP-2 MP-2

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to HQ25th Quests