• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Q14 - The Mirror Maze by Goblin King

Quests for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.
Forum rules
Please follow this format:

Post Subject: Q#. "Title" by "Author"

First Post: Map + Quest Notes

Following Posts: Public discussion.

Re: Q14 - The Mirror Maze by Goblin King

Postby Goblin-King » November 19th, 2018, 5:40 am

I... guess...

I think I would prefer just specifying his spells, instead of mentioning he has all spells, but he can't cast that one spell. It's messy.

A) The Soulless Wizard can cast the following spells: Dispell, Madness, Rust (or whatever)
B) Once a hero enters this room his magic ring will vanish and can't be used anymore. (This is the small 2x3 room) The problem is fixed with much less text.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » November 22nd, 2018, 11:15 am

I updated the quest with the following quest note:

J. Once a hero enters this room read the following:
“The magical ring on your finger sends a painful bolt of pain up through your arm. In a mental flash it is revealed to you that the shadowy figure in the room is the wizard who once created this maze to protect his magical secrets. Having spent his life warping through the dimensions his soul has been shattered and he is now just an empty being of madness” 

The soulless wizard (see stats below)
He can cast the high mage spells. In addition he also negates the power of the magical rings in his room. Heroes can enter and fight him, but they can’t escape! Once he is slain the rings work again.

Read the following: “
With a terrible scream the wizard shatter into thousand pieces of broken mirror! May he finally rest in peace…” 

I updated the downloadable pdf accordingly.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » November 22nd, 2018, 12:00 pm

To start getting nit-picky...some of the chests are backwards (the hinges are on the wrong side).
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 22nd, 2018, 12:12 pm

Never seen the hinges before.
Corrected.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 22nd, 2018, 1:19 pm

I am always doubtful about the correct position of the chests on the map when I create my own quest.
I checked the official questbooks and noticed they are also in the reverse position. We are not sure they are hinges, that small part is in the centre of the chest and could reresent the plate with the hole where you insert the key.
Anyway, good to see I am not the only one struggling for this

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 23rd, 2018, 10:41 am

I merged J and K;
I removed the former letter G (that was pointing to a treasure chest between the skeletons... the 5th treasure chest in this quest)
I removed the treasure chest next to the altar (the 4th treasure chest in this quest), so now there are only three of them.
For HQ 25 we have three chests available.

We need to change one thing more:

* The Quest Treasure is "access to a new Spell Group" for the Wizard or the Elf. Do we want to place one of our artifacts here?

Anything more?

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 24th, 2018, 10:33 am

I want to ask to Goblin-King if the Soulless Wizard is represented by the chaos warrior icon or by the J letter.
So the Chaos Warrior is a bodyguard or the wizard himself?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 27th, 2018, 5:12 pm

I've just had a look at the latest version of this quest. The quest notes state that the Soulless Wizard can cast the High Mage Spells and refers you to his stats below. These list only 4 spells, of which one, Control Mind, isn't a High Mage spell, while Strands of Binding, Wall of Flame and Escape are omitted?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » November 27th, 2018, 5:51 pm

lestodante wrote:I want to ask to Goblin-King if the Soulless Wizard is represented by the chaos warrior icon or by the J letter.
So the Chaos Warrior is a bodyguard or the wizard himself?

The chaos warrior IS the Soulless Wizard |_P

I wonder why I used that icon... Perhaps the map editor didn't have an icon for a sorcerer? Idunno... :banana:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 28th, 2018, 4:38 am

Ok, I updated the quest map.
Any similarity to living persons is by pure chance.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Quests