• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Q9-Q13 Story Arc and material

Quests for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.
Forum rules
Please follow this format:

Post Subject: Q#. "Title" by "Author"

First Post: Map + Quest Notes

Following Posts: Public discussion.

Q9-Q13 Story Arc and material

Postby Anderas » August 12th, 2018, 3:44 am

The need has arisen, as I somehow lost the overview, to tie the story arc together a little bit.
That's my fault, I should not develop the quests backwards. :D :lol:

This quest shall have a fairly standard HQ beginning and then introduce some Monsters from HQ25.
Q9 wrote:

In this quest, the heroes have to get out somewhere while the dungeon crumbles behind them.
Q10 wrote:

In this quest, the heroes want to investigate Morcar's plans. They are pestered again and again by a ghost Minotaur that seems to be a ghost projected from a labyrinth. Finally they find out that Morcar's plan is indeed to free the Minotaur.
Find the quest here.
Q11 wrote:The Dark Castle Ambush
Rumors are that in the dark castle, the enemy is gathering forces for an ambush. Go, investigate the rumors.
The best place to start seems to be the dark castle. See if Morcar has something unusual there. Each one of you will receive 100 Gold Coins if you find substantial information about Morcar‘s Plans.
We started an attack on the beastman forces nearby.
Be fast, then you can ambush the guards while the bulk of the troops is outside!

After finding out about the labyrinth and the Minotaur, the Heroes set out to steal the red magic cape and a powder keg under the noses of the Chaos Dwarves.
Find the quest here.
Q12 wrote:Fire and Night
Tales speak of Thantos, a powerful Minotaur against which none could prevail and no weapon might harm. Yet, a cunning magician managed to trap the terror within a magical labyrinth, attracting it's wrath and costing him his life. Loretome has revealed that Chaos Dwarfs possess not only the mage's red mantle, but also powder capable of destroying the bridge the beast may use to escape. Sneak in, steal the items, and get out without alerting the sentries!

Finally, they enter a magical labyrinth. There they have to survive several group separations; find the Minotaur, lure him on the right path to the outside, blow up a bridge under his feet and get away with it somehow.
Find the quest here.
Q13 wrote:The invincible Minotaur
The only hope to destroy the invincible Minotaur is to throw him into the chasm of Lava that separates his labyrinth from our world. Recently, Chaos Warriors have been seen nearby. We must hurry! Go, find the beast, lure it to the bridge it into the chasm of fire, for we cannot allow that it joins Morcar‘s forces!

Tiles:
and for double hallway Boards:
valnar's open door package, to be found in his crazy-great thread

I will repost the monster cards as soon as they are finished.
Last edited by Anderas on September 26th, 2018, 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Q9-Q13 Story Arc and material

Postby knightkrawler » August 12th, 2018, 5:53 am

Anderas wrote:The need has arisen, as I somehow lost the overview, to tie the story arc together a little bit.
That's my fault, I should not develop the quests backwards. :D :lol:

But that's the way to go. Otherwise your fans wait seven years and counting between the fifth and sixth novel of a cycle or twelve years and counting (slowly going on 10,000 days) between fourth and fifth album.
:cookie: for who can figure out what I'm talking about in both cases.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 12th, 2018, 12:51 pm

I know you. In reality you count the days until you can take the cheese out of your cupboard.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » August 13th, 2018, 9:15 am

knightkrawler wrote:But that's the way to go. Otherwise your fans wait seven years and counting between the fifth and sixth novel of a cycle or twelve years and counting (slowly going on 10,000 days) between fourth and fifth album.
:cookie: for who can figure out what I'm talking about in both cases.

Game of Tools?
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 13th, 2018, 9:29 am

cookie!!!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » August 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

To me.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 13th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Anderas wrote:To me.

I still haven't really understood your post...

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » September 19th, 2018, 4:28 pm

I'd say the Blasting Powder doesn't need the bridge reference. Rather, I'd place that Quest-specific information in the pertaining Quest Notes section. Alternatively, change the bridge reference to a more generic:" . . . If it is set on or against a large object, the object is removed. . . ."
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to HQ25th Quests