• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hi Gents

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hi Gents

Postby ColCorbane » August 14th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Hi Gents

Thought I'd put up a quick post to say hi.

I'm an old school gamer who first played heroquest over two decades ago. Since that first taste, I've played a lot of GW stuff before coming full circle to play HQ again, hopefully soon with my 6yo son.

I'm a big hobbyist, so I'm into paint the models and I'm planning on putting together a hirst arts board over time. I know a few of you are purists but hey, it's all a bit of fun. :D

I've been a long time lurker and I just love everything that you guys have done for the game and I hope I can bring something to the party.

All the best
Mel
ColCorbane

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hi Gents

Postby AndyW » August 14th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Welcome!
AndyW

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 15th, 2011, 2:15 am

Hi and welcome!
Those Hirst boards look amazing! But seem to be a lot of work and pretty expensive too. :shock: good luck with that! |_P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 15th, 2011, 2:41 am

Welcome!

I also like to stroll around at Bruce's Website, fantasizing all that I would do with this great tiles, but then again, I can't decide which ones to start with :mrgreen: .
Look also here:
http://www.hq-cooperation.de/galerie/hq_modular/hqm_e.html

Purists are a minority around here. And making a 3dimensioinal versioin of the original board is quite purist, compared to all the custom and modular boards out there.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ColCorbane » August 15th, 2011, 4:23 am

@Andy - Thank mate

@Sjeng - Thanks for the welcome mate. Yeah, the boards are quite a lot of work but it's all part of the fun for me. On the expense, as long as the wife doesn't find out, we're all good!

@Big Bene - Cheers mate, thanks for link, I like what they've done with that board. I've never considered myself a purist in anything, might have to come up with some custom rooms for board now ;o)
ColCorbane

Hero:

Postby drathe » August 15th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Welcome to the community!

Be sure to take some shots of your board as you make it. We enjoy seeing the works in progress.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby