• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hey!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Hey!

Postby SinghSTAR » January 19th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Ethica wrote:At some point of progression I am going to award wizards additional spell sets. I'm only unsure of how to determine when they are worthy (as I do not record experience points). Any ideas? The only way I can think is you pay for them with your gold, but this doesn't sit well with magic coming from personal growth and years of training.

I had also thought of something similar- trying to impliment some of my homemade spell sets into the real game. I was thinking of making a solo quest where, at the start were given ONLY a new set of spells; Mentor had put you in an arena to test your fighting talent or adaptability, or something. But...if I made the quest, I wouldn't be able to play it. :lol:

Instead, you could get given a spell set after a particularly difficult task, with the Wizard being the main character, or having to deal the finishing blow. I'm just as stuck as you are. Any help, anybody?
SinghSTAR

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby link_triforce21 » January 19th, 2011, 4:28 pm

have it so that when the wizard is in a quest add an extra room that is not on the quest map and put a spell book in it then in between quests have them roll a d6 one time and when they roll a certain number and when they do they get a new spell. or something like that.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » January 19th, 2011, 5:26 pm

or roll for quality/type of spell...

black skull = chaos spell the wizard gets ! haha...
Unless that blows your vision of a wizard having 'white' magic...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby SinghSTAR » January 19th, 2011, 5:34 pm

el_flesh wrote:or roll for quality/type of spell...

black skull = chaos spell the wizard gets ! haha...
Unless that blows your vision of a wizard having 'white' magic...

What are Chaos spells? :oops:
SinghSTAR

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » January 19th, 2011, 6:18 pm

I have a super idea-

They get the spells from killing a wizard that posesses them. Like in Highlander where they get the power of the immortal that they kill.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby SinghSTAR » January 20th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Ethica wrote:I have a super idea-

They get the spells from killing a wizard that posesses them. Like in Highlander where they get the power of the immortal that they kill.

That is a FANTASTIC idea. Good thinking- I'm definitely going to use it.
SinghSTAR

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » January 21st, 2011, 8:36 am

Choas spells - from the deck of spells the BAD guys get normally!
But alot of people identify that as 'evil' and won't be crazy for that idea.
Tho I like the highlander idea...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » January 21st, 2011, 11:41 am

There can be only one...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jaguar69 » January 21st, 2011, 10:03 pm

Hey everyone!
Singhstar.....I felt your presence! I....AM...YOUR UNCLE (in a darth voice!!!)
No frets, I have all things in order and under my control, for I am The Evil Wizard Morcar! HAAA HAAA HAAA!
I will tell you more about the Choas spells when we get together next.

drathe, I have been over on Old Scratch for a bit and you helped me out with EU cards etc. I have actually converted all the Choas spells, Elf, Artfacts into EU format jpegs, so if you want them to upload to the site or if anyone wants them, just let me know. Singhstar let me know what spells you have created as I can join them to mine. I am slowly coming up with new 'Wizard Spells' that you can obtain by slowly obtaining 'books/parchments' which you can get by searching bookcases over many quests. The wizard will slowly over the original game system, and solo wizard quests (ie Running the Gauntlet) get these and only by joining the neccesary knowledge be able to 'learn' new spells, or spell sets. I too will get choas spells and other evil items throughout!! HAA HAA HAA!
I too also thought of the Highlander approach to obtaining special spells/weapons, temporary abilities etc via defeating one off monsters/bosses and have them in mind for a future set of abilities.

I like the idea of rolling, a black shield etc, to see if Morcar/Zargon gets a chaos version of a spell when a new one is obtained by Wizard.

I am also going to rejig (is that a word!?) the rules we play with; ball of flame, potions, body points, artifacts etc to come more in line with the US rules.
I will be happy to post some of the stuff i have come up with once they look ok, for everyone to criticise or praise, hopefully!

We have been playing, when we can, as a 6 man team, with me as Morcar. Extra players being an Assassin and a Warrior Preist. Due to this i have had to make things harder, while still letting the players progress. Hence the 'Potion of Regeneration' which I made up at the end of Carlos' Starter pack quests, when the Wizard died! And the Assassin. And the Elf!!! I really can be Evil.... but fair! that's my motto!!
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby SinghSTAR » January 22nd, 2011, 10:03 am

Woah...I felt your presence too. I was wondering when my 'Swift Wind' spell had been used.

I will put up my spells in the appropriate section in the boards- everyone's welcome to use them. They're pretty good, Jaguar69! And I was hoping you'd put them in cards with pictures (I may be able to provide the pictures) and use them next time we play? I've got Spell sets, Monsters and some weapons.

Erm...Chaos spells and getting mine too? I think we're in for a big treat.

No need for 'Potion of Regeneration' when we next play- just keep looking out for my new spells. They're gonna blow you away. (Swift Wind + Wand of Recall)

See you around the boards!
SinghSTAR

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby