• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello from Canada

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hello from Canada

Postby Upsidedown » May 21st, 2019, 7:00 pm

Hi Everyone! I played HeroQuest for years in the 90's but the game was beaten up and eventually tossed out. I talked to the GF about how much fun it is and she got me a copy! I was super happy to play on the weekend and I am looking at expanding to have all of the expansions. I am looking at getting cards made now and will be looking at cutting tiles with a laser engraver and printing the models and furniture with a 3d printer. I'm sure this has all been done before and I will be looking into the forum to try and get all the good advice I can. Thanks for having me here!

(ps, how do I become a forum champion? Need a file for sending out to make a card set ;)

Steve
Upsidedown

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello from Canada

Postby whitebeard » May 21st, 2019, 10:09 pm

Welcome to the inn!

There are great 3D furniture models on Thingiverse.

You get Champion status when you hit 20 posts, and maybe after a moderator reviews? Just start browsing and comment on threads you like. You'll get there real soon.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Upsidedown » May 21st, 2019, 10:56 pm

Cool. Good to know. I have been browsing around and it seems like I am in the right pace for sure!
Upsidedown

Hero:

Postby Nicodemus » May 22nd, 2019, 12:08 pm

Welcome to the forum fellow Canadian!! What part of the country are you in? I'm located in SK but grew up out east on PEI

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby defttitan » May 22nd, 2019, 6:31 pm

Welcome!!!

I think the 3d prints are a great quick substitute for original models. If you already have a printer, or can print cheaply, you'll get some decent figures of MOST things without spending too much. If you're going to spend a lot of money on a 3d printer, then I would consider getting some resin replicas cast instead of 3d printing. That's what I'm trying to do.
defttitan

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Okko » May 22nd, 2019, 6:35 pm

Welcome from England.
Okko

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Upsidedown » May 22nd, 2019, 10:34 pm

Nicodemus wrote:Welcome to the forum fellow Canadian!! What part of the country are you in? I'm located in SK but grew up out east on PEI

SW Ontario for me. PEI is amazing! What made you want to totally change to the wonderful FLAT plains of SK? Thanks for the welcome!

Hi to you as well Okko! How is the motherland doing these days? I think we are even more rainy then you this year!
Last edited by Upsidedown on May 22nd, 2019, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upsidedown

Hero:

Postby Upsidedown » May 22nd, 2019, 10:49 pm

defttitan wrote:Welcome!!!

I think the 3d prints are a great quick substitute for original models. If you already have a printer, or can print cheaply, you'll get some decent figures of MOST things without spending too much. If you're going to spend a lot of money on a 3d printer, then I would consider getting some resin replicas cast instead of 3d printing. That's what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

Well, I dont have a 3D printer yet, BUT I have a friend that made several of his own and I think I'm going to talk to him about making some models. I think that is a good place to start, and to be honest, I'm not really sure that being a little bit lower quality detail on the miniatures bothers me... yet. I think that I may be fine with it but I will have to print a few and see. I'm thinking of doing them in PVC and then doing an acetone vapor wash to make them look nice and smooth, though I know it will cost me some detail. I have been looking for an excuse to get a 3D printer for years though so we will see, this might be my motivation! To be honest, I would much rather find some amazing pewter models. I guess I would say that I have a bias towards materials. I love metal and wood, not so much a fan of paper or plastic. I think it is something to do with the robust, calm, stable permanence of that materials. Its hard to explain but I think people know what I mean when I talk about it. I think its a very human predisposition. Cast resin models are something that I haven't considered yet though. It would be interesting to see what is available, and I think they are worth looking into for sure! My big struggle in the last week or so is trying to figure out how to use, Inkscape, Ilistrator, and Lasercut 5.3 and find a why to actually make the laser table do something that I want it to do! I am looking at some Catan times as well, since it should be easy sine people have already done the artwork and put it on thingiverse, but making the programs talk to each other is another thing all together! I'm in the trades, so trying to learn 3 new programs at once, its a bit of a challange. I have never used to artsy stuff before but I'm excited to learn! I will let you know if I get something cool made though. I think a full size engraved gameboard would be really cool!
Upsidedown

Hero:

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 23rd, 2019, 5:57 am

Welcome! This forum is a great place, you ll get inspired! :)

Check out zealotminiatures for very cool HQ furniture

http://zealotminiatures.com

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » May 23rd, 2019, 11:19 am

Hello, don't forget to share on here what ever you make.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby