• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A big "Hallo!" from Germany

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

A big "Hallo!" from Germany

Postby No writer » January 9th, 2017, 12:41 am

Hello HQ-Fellows.

I played my first Mission in HeroQuest in 1990 with my younger brother as Morcar and my younger sister as one of the other heroes, but I can not remember exactly which of them. A short while after this my brother and I painted all the miniatures from the coregame, before we buy the first expansion. So have we had a very long time a lot of fun with HeroQuest before my interests are changing to roleplaying games like D&D and The dark Eye.

In the time between the next eight years of our roleplaying campaign a have an eye for Advanced HeroQuest and Warhammer Quest and have played some games with both. In the meanwhile I have three children and as they grow up, my passion for roleplaying games and HeroQuest increase also. Now we have played more than one of the expansions and I found the entrance to the "Ye Olde Inn".

I'm a little bit courious, what awaits me here and apologies me for my crude english.

Have a nice day and see you soon

Bernar
No writer

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: A big "Hallo!" from Germany

Postby Geofonos » January 9th, 2017, 2:13 am

Greeting Bernar, welcome to the inn! You'll find one of the best communities for HeroQuest here.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 9th, 2017, 4:49 am

Hello no writer - and welcome to the inn

You are easy to understand so no problem there :)
Remember to post pictures of any projects you undertake.
Show us your old painted minis too! :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby fenrir79 » January 9th, 2017, 8:45 am

Hello and are warm welcome in this forum.
I'm happy to see more and more germans her and there is no problem with your "crude english" and for bigger issues, there are other german members.
Or if you want to discuss as native speaker, you can also join in the "hq-cooperation.de"

best regards
fenrir79

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby No writer » January 13th, 2017, 3:37 am

Hello Geofonos, Goblin-King and fenrir79.

Many thanks for your warm welcomes. In the moment I plan no projects and my painted miniatures have become a good friend of mine. But I have no more kontakt with him. Instead I can offer you some pictures from one and another miniatures that I painted for Warhammer Quest. Will this be okay?
No writer

Hero:

Postby fenrir79 » January 13th, 2017, 4:57 am

Yes please, share your craftsmanship, we are all interesstet for new ideas for painting.
fenrir79

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 13th, 2017, 5:11 am

No writer wrote:I can offer you some pictures from one and another miniatures that I painted for Warhammer Quest. Will this be okay?

Definitely. While this IS a dedicated HeroQuest forum, many here share the hobby of miniature painting as well.
It doesn't really matter if your miniatures are HQ or not. Or even fantasy themed. We love all painted minis equally. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 13th, 2017, 8:14 am

Goblin-King wrote:
No writer wrote:I can offer you some pictures from one and another miniatures that I painted for Warhammer Quest. Will this be okay?

Definitely. While this IS a dedicated HeroQuest forum, many here share the hobby of miniature painting as well.
It doesn't really matter if your miniatures are HQ or not. Or even fantasy themed. We love all painted minis equally. |_P

Or models of any scale from any genre...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby No writer » January 13th, 2017, 8:54 am

The first three miniatures, that I painted in May 1988. I buy them for the use in Dungeons & Dragons. They was manufactured from Ral Partha. In the same style (with no shadows and no highlighting, but blood on the blades) was my miniatures from heroquest painted.

No writer

Hero:

Postby No writer » January 16th, 2017, 3:03 am

Now the next picture shows my troop Blood Angels I have play in StarQuest (aka Space Crusade) a very long time.

No writer

Hero:

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby