• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hey everyone I'm new here.

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hey everyone I'm new here.

Postby Daniel Anteron » May 23rd, 2010, 2:35 am

Hi guys I'm Daniel I'm 22 and from Kentucky. I've used some of the things on here and I decided to join the forums here as well. I figured I'd show off something I made here a little while ago. It's not anything amazing, but it didn't cost me a dime to make sense all the stuff I used to make it were lying around my house. May I present to you HeroQuest bunk beds! I printed the bed's out from Ron Shirtz inn tiles found on this site, and cut them to fit just right. I then glued them onto some pieces of cardboard. Then I took some toothpicks and cut them all to the same size and used super glue to attach them to the ends like bed posts.

This photo is to show you the bunk beds scale to the hero's. That's a custom Barbarian I'm not finished with I actually had a copy of the game when I was younger, but I either lost, broke, or had most of the parts thrown away. The Barbarian in the photo's sword was broken so I took a heroscape sword and put it on there. Sorry the picture is so blurry I was using my phone's camera.
Daniel Anteron

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hey everyone I'm new here.

Postby LurchBrick » May 23rd, 2010, 2:53 am

I like it. Simple but effective.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daniel Anteron » May 23rd, 2010, 3:07 am

LurchBrick wrote:I like it. Simple but effective.

Thanks man glad you liked it. I'm not very good at crafting things yet seeing how I haven't been doing it for very long. But I really like the results of this. It's something super easy to make that just about anybody can do, and its done using stuff you have lying around your house.
Daniel Anteron

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » May 23rd, 2010, 10:07 am

Holy crap. I'm glad I read all the new threads in here. What a freakin' idea! I can't wait!
I'll follow your idea and make the beds; I'll give them to my DM secretly and when it comes time for that adventure he'll spring them on the group!

THAT suprise will keep them on their toes!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 23rd, 2010, 1:40 pm

That's really cool. I never thought about using smaller sections of Ron's tiles to create new furniture. This opens up a whole new well of options. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the community!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daniel Anteron » May 23rd, 2010, 8:19 pm

el_flesh wrote:Holy crap. I'm glad I read all the new threads in here. What a freakin' idea! I can't wait!
I'll follow your idea and make the beds; I'll give them to my DM secretly and when it comes time for that adventure he'll spring them on the group!

THAT suprise will keep them on their toes!

I'm glad you like it, and totally go for it. Like I said in my first post it's super simple to make you just have to have the materials (which most people have around their home anyway, and even if you don't toothpicks are cheap and you can get some cardboard easily enough). I know my friends absolutely loved them. I actually ended up running another HeroQuest session today in place of what one of the other guys in my group was going to run. We actually switch off between games every week (HeroQuest one week, then Arkham Horror, D&D, Star Wars RPG, Twilight Imperium, etc...) so we don't get an overload of just one game (which actually happened to us with D&D). We just finished quest 8 in the quest's that come with the main game system. I brought them with me to show to my friends, and they were like, "No way! That's sweet!" Tell me what your fellow gamers reactions are to them.

drathe wrote:That's really cool. I never thought about using smaller sections of Ron's tiles to create new furniture. This opens up a whole new well of options. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the community!

Thanks for the welcome, and you're welcome. I may not be the best at actually producing a product, but I have a very creative mind when it comes to making extra things for games. My favorite thing has to be a datapad for my Star Wars one shot campaigns I run. I'm not finished with it yet, but it's basically a datapad that will have an article letting them know what's going on in the galaxy, and it will give clues as to what they're going to be encountering for the day here's the first article I made:

Anyways back on subject I think the hardest part for me was making it so that it didn't wobble. The first one I made did just slightly, but on the next one I made I just drew a line where I wanted the top bed and bottom bed to be at and then traced the line of the other three. I'm certainly glad that I could open your mind up to new possibilities, and feel free to post your own new found ideas. I'm curious as to what others can come up with as well.
Daniel Anteron

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Ye Olde Lobby