• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest for Charity

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby drrob101 » August 19th, 2017, 2:25 pm

All. I wanted to provide an update. We have 13 local businesses sponsoring our event! We are now seeking 16 players to join us for a night of epic gaming (HeroQuest) at J TImothys (Plainville, CT USA) on Sept 30, with a chance to win awards, cash and prizes. These players (Heroes) will also fundraise (through Fundraise.com) in the weeks leading up to the event in order to accumulate enough money (game credit) to buy weapons, armor & spells. Every dollar raised counts as 1 gold coin (game credit) which can be spent on these items on game night. So the more money a player raises, the larger the advantage that Hero & team may get.  Those players who raise at least $100 before September 30 will get a free Dungeons of Hope T Shirt as a gift. Those who raise at least $500, will get a $75 Max Group (nice CT restaurant group) gift card. Lastly, but most importantly, every dollar raised this point forward will go directly to the South Park Inn (Hartford, CT) homeless shelter!

If you are not from the area, but still wish to support, you may make a small, tax deductible donation directly though our website. You may also "Friend" us on Facebook and "Follow" us on Instagram.
Thanks, Rob
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Guest » July 29th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Hi everyone. We are having our Dungeons of Hope charity gaming event on November 17, 2018 at the Polish National Home in Hartford, CT. At least seven teams will be playing HeroQuest to raise money for the South Park Inn homeless shelter. Tickets are just $30 and comes with a full dinner. Registration will open in a few weeks, but if you live in CT, USA and are interested, please send me a note and I’ll try to save you a spot. Rob.Zielonka@dungeonsofhope.org

Postby Daedalus » July 31st, 2018, 12:02 pm

Thanks for the invite. I hope we can get some pictures of this event.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Guest » August 2nd, 2018, 7:53 pm

Definitely. Pictures from last year’s event can be found at www.dungeonsofhope.org. Rob

Postby fijigus » August 7th, 2018, 1:42 pm

I've been to the site before but finally signing up, and this is the first post that caught my eye. This is an awesome idea. How does my wife say no to gaming if I'm doing it for charity? :) I think I may need to look into the couple of local shops to see if they would do something like this.
like many here, digging HQ back out of the closet after Dominion, munchkin, drinking quest, and now Gloomhaven have sucked me back into the gaming world. As it's my set I have found myself voted all time Zargon :blackshield: |_P
fijigus

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » August 21st, 2018, 7:44 pm

Excellent. We have found HQ and charity to be a poweful combo. Registration for our November event will open the beginning of September.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » September 6th, 2018, 5:13 pm

Hey everyone, for those in CT -USA this weekend 9/8 & 9/9, we, Dungeons of Hope will be playing HeroQuest at RetroWorld Fest. We will also be at booth 30.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » September 8th, 2018, 9:18 pm

All, registration is now open. Visit www.dungeonsofhope.org to register. Play HeroQuest for charity in Hartford, CT USA.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » November 10th, 2018, 8:53 am

Hi everyone, we have 1 spot open for our Heroquest charity event Dungeons of Hope, which is next sat 11/17 in CT, USA. If you are in the area and are interested in participating, please register at http://www.dungeonsofhope.org. Or send me a message.

Thanks

Rob
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » October 12th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Hey guys, registration is now open for Dungeons of Hope 2019, Hartford CT, Nov 16 2019...with special guest STEPHEN BAKER, creator of HeroQuest! Sign up now to raise funds for a local homeless shelter and to play HeroQuest with a room full of 40 players. $35 gets you in the door and includes a full Polish dinner with a free drink. This year’s most epic game night. http://www.dungeonsofhope.org.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby