• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello from the snowy north

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Hello from the snowy north

Postby Sjeng » January 1st, 2016, 4:48 pm

Hi and welcome to the Inn! I love it how eventually all people who rediscover HeroQuest are gathering here.

drathe, we need to build another wing to the Inn soon.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » January 1st, 2016, 5:26 pm

I wonder if the community keeps growing we'll be able to get a re-release of an all in one bundle (including the dwarf and wizard quest packs) with the best mixture of EU and US rules as we as some of the most popular house rules :?: That would be nice.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby yellowmosquito » January 1st, 2016, 5:42 pm

That's pretty much what I was looking for as a new arrival here, admittedly. I've been exploring and trying to build a version for myself from individual contributions scattered about here and there.

I think a megapack/bundle would be an amazing addition. If there were more than one, categorizing and standardizing the changes each bundle introduces (# of new quests, # of rule changes, # of added armory items, custom dice required, new minis requred, etc..) and making those really clear up front would help people quickly compare each and decide which they'd like to try out. Even if you were to get a bundle, you could always remove anything you didn't want - but you would be so far ahead of having to gather up everything manually. Not everyone has the time to really get into the forums up to their elbows and discover the hidden gems.

I didn't even know there were dwarf and wizard quest packs... :shock: There is a lot to discover here.
yellowmosquito

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » January 1st, 2016, 7:29 pm

Unfortunately, the dwarf and wizard qp's were never released, maybe never finished, and like the elf and barbarian qp's probably not play tested. :(
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 1st, 2016, 7:34 pm

I think I remember reading somewhere that the wizard quest pack was finished. I think it included skavin and a minotaur?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby sajungzak » January 1st, 2016, 10:17 pm

That would be cool.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 2nd, 2016, 9:58 am

Here you go: [url]forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=1533[/url]

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » January 2nd, 2016, 11:07 am

@ Yellow Mosquito,

Success to you in the "Quest" to find some other couples with kids... As a parent, I totally get where you are coming from there.

Also, and I don't know how little your youngins are, but HQ is pretty Kid friendly from 4-5 up if you are willing to cater to their levels of understanding and attention span... Possibly something for the future?

Regardless, historically HQ has tended to be fairly friendly to non-gamer spouses/ significant others as well. There is very little to memorize as a player, and with the rules being quite simple, the Game Master (Evil Wizard Player), can take some liberties with the story-telling and expand the Role-play element as much or as little as desired. It really is a great game to hook new gamers with.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Lobby