• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Hello!

Postby Decipher » July 27th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Hey Derpy! Welcome to the inn!

Be honest now... do you hate HQ and only play because you dad is making you? It's okay... you can tell us! ;)
But you do seem pretty dedicated to the dwarf which is a good sign! He is arguably the best hero.

Do you create your own quests or paint any minis?

Oh King, you got that wrong buddy, she drives me nuts to play HQ. She is addicted to HQ. Oh, and the Dwarf is a wimp.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Derpy_Hooves » July 27th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Thanks!

I love HeroQuest very much, and would be deeply depressed if I could never play it again, and that love for HQ was started by my dad.
I love the dwarf as well, he's my favorite, with the elf being my close second.

And sadly, no, I don't make my own quests, but, to be honest, I would love too. The thing is that I don't want to make the quest too difficult or anything.
And, no, but my dad paints them. ^v^
Derpy_Hooves

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby whitebeard » July 27th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Tilt one back with me dog!! ??? |_P

I always say that when I meet new people here. Google that phrase for the original sound bite of the dwarf from Warcraft II.

The dwarf is referring to dwarven holy water of course. But root beer works too. :mrgreen:

I like the dwarf, but there is a seven year old we play with and he is always "the dorf". And when my 8 year old is Zargon/Morcar, I don't argue. Apparently I play the wizard decently.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » July 27th, 2015, 9:01 pm

The Dorf! I love it. :lol: :redheart:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » July 27th, 2015, 9:56 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorf_on_Golf Please tell me that there's another person on this forum that remembers Dorf... For once make it so I'm not the only once that remembers this stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMiVFH74Jdg Oh man I love when he stretches for his feet :lol: . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7utKzqky4DU He's got some mad dribbling skills.

Welcome to the inn.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derpy_Hooves » July 28th, 2015, 9:35 am

The Dorf. Classic. :lol:
Last edited by Derpy_Hooves on July 28th, 2015, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derpy_Hooves

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby The Admiral » July 28th, 2015, 12:07 pm

I play with my brother. he plays all the charachters except the Wizard and I Play Zargon and the Wizard. It works well, coz I still get a part in the main party, but just follow round at the back popping up with the odd spell to help out now and again. Also, in crucial game ending situations I get to say things like "hmm...Barbarian, my wizardy sense tells me we should REALLY go this way."

I've got to say that we both dislike the dwarf. In all our years of gaming he just seems to get in the way, cock things up, miss vital rolls at key moments etc. He is the charachter that has died the most, and sometimes we are just glad!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » July 28th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Welcome, just make sure while playing the EWP you remeber to make your parents pay for every single time that they've made you clean your room and stuff ;)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derpy_Hooves » July 31st, 2015, 1:12 pm

@The Admiral, that's a good system you've got going on. Once in a while, my dad and I are the only ones that play, and one of us has to play an extra character. ;3;

I do agree occasionally the dwarf has its disadvantages, but, don't they all? Sure, the wizard has a collection of spells, as does the elf, but they do seem a little weak, don't you believe?
And look at the mind points, even though in the first few adventures, you don't really need to worry about it, but, the barbarian has low mind points, but is significantly stronger than the rest. (Honestly, I can't think of anymore flaws about him. I can only think of one flaw for the wizard because he's weak, but I'll see what I can muster...)

The dwarf has a toolbelt, but.. his mindpoints are sort of low?
Sorry, I really love the dwarf. ^3^ ... I've got nothing. :P
:dwarf:
Derpy_Hooves

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Count Mohawk » July 31st, 2015, 1:50 pm

Derpy_Hooves wrote:I do agree occasionally the dwarf has its disadvantages, but, don't they all? Sure, the wizard has a collection of spells, as does the elf, but they do seem a little weak, don't you believe?

If you compare the Dwarf to the Barbarian, the Dwarf comes off distinctly better. He has an extra Mind Point and can disarm traps far better than anyone else. All the Barbarian has in exchange is his 8th Body Point.
Similarly, the Elf is sort of a jack-of-all-trades, but without the weaknesses that usually come with such a role, as not only can he use the most powerful equipment, but he gets access to magic too, even going so far as having a spell group unique to him! The only penalty he faces for these advantages is his lower Body Point score of 6.
The Wizard, on the other hand, is clearly the worst of the four. A maximum of 4 Body Points does him no favors, and since he's restricted from using all but the weakest of weapons and armors, he has practically no growth potential. And because his magic never gets any better, his first few Quests represent the strongest he'll ever be, relative to the other Heroes.

Some players, including myself, have attempted to rebalance some or all of the Heroes. The forum is full of such examples, if you know where to look.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby