• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing tiles

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Printing tiles

Postby KT_Cobra » September 9th, 2014, 8:45 am

Nice job there.
I looked up "chipboard". It seems to be a little thinner than the typical mounting board, but it also states in the questions section that it's not good for folding. If I were to make a recreation of a game board complete with center fold (as my project will require), should I just use the mounting board or something else?
Sorry for the constant questions; I'm not good at the crafting/artistic thing.
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » September 9th, 2014, 9:13 am

Greyboard is perfect for making game boards, mount board is easier for overlays.

Large pieces of mountboard will "bow" out and not lie flat, but it is much easier to cut into the precise small shapes needed by overlays.

Greyboard will NOT usefully bend. This is why you construct the hinge out of bookbinding tape. This joins two pieces of board and provides a solid hinge that will not easily wear out.

I'm in the middle of buiding some boards at the moment for another game. I'll try & take some photos!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » September 9th, 2014, 10:00 am

slev wrote:Greyboard is perfect for making game boards, mount board is easier for overlays.

Large pieces of mountboard will "bow" out and not lie flat, but it is much easier to cut into the precise small shapes needed by overlays.

Greyboard will NOT usefully bend. This is why you construct the hinge out of bookbinding tape. This joins two pieces of board and provides a solid hinge that will not easily wear out.

I'm in the middle of buiding some boards at the moment for another game. I'll try & take some photos!

Thanks. Much appreciated, and that makes sense about the bookbinding tape.
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jander » September 9th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Excellent information. Thanks
Jander

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby KT_Cobra » September 11th, 2014, 11:44 am

If I were to get a game board printed (poster-like) and wanted to apply it to mounting or greyboard, what kind of glue should I use? I don't want the glue to show through, have large bumps after drying, etc. I'm thinking maybe some kind of liquid glue that you brush on...?
I think I'm going to use PrinterStudio.com for the poster like Mr.BigB used for his cards. I'm probably going to get the cards printed by them too. It's too cheap and great of quality for me to not take advantage of that.
viewtopic.php?f=165&t=2003
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » September 14th, 2014, 4:10 am

For the glue, I use "3M Spray Mount", you should be able to buy it in any decent art supply shop. It's pricey, but so worth it!

Better still, it's use is so common that there are various tutorials on using it all over the internet!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » September 14th, 2014, 10:06 am

slev wrote:For the glue, I use "3M Spray Mount", you should be able to buy it in any decent art supply shop. It's pricey, but so worth it!

Better still, it's use is so common that there are various tutorials on using it all over the internet!

Thanks. I'll try that.
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Lobby