• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ25 Heroscribe Package

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: HQ25 Heroscribe Package

Postby Anderas » Monday October 8th, 2018 9:14am

Those are done in one go :-)

It looks now like this - it includes the rooms I've made. The colorful versions of the symbols, don't know if I need to share them. It's good to know that they work!

Most rooms use lots of red and few beige, I made my rooms lots of beige and few red, so that the layout stays lightly colored in total.

And yes of course they are vector

Today the rooms are hidden in the "all in one rooms", the monsters in "all in one monsters", the colorful icons have their own separate folder.
Stratos are you ready to receive a package?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby StratosVX » Monday October 8th, 2018 10:18am

Absolutely. Just send them to my email. Also, I like the US room tiles. I think you used the colors well.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday October 10th, 2018 3:46am

I just realized that I still hadn't sent the icon package out.
Now it's on the way to Stratos, so that, in the end, all of the stuff is in a single, central place.

For anybody who wants to do the integration in heroscribe themselves, you can also download my icons and the addition for the object.xml here (5MB).

It contains:
* HQ25 symbols
* Base symbols, mercenaries and HQ25 symbols in 8 non-standard color variants
* Some of my zombicide heroes as icon. (I mean, I made them, so why not include them. :-) Goblin King is among them! |_P :ugeek: :D )

the object.xml has the symbols appearing in a separate hq25 folder, but also in the "all in one monster" and "all in one room" folders.
Except for the multicolor symbols: They are in a folder called "colored monsters" because they are so non-standard (and so many! 8 times as many!) that I did not want to mix them with all the normal symbols.

If you want to integrate it yourself:
* copy the icon folder to your heroscribe base folder. The icons will appear in Europe/USA/Multicolor and then in the YeOldeInn sub folder.
* make a copy of the original object.xml with a different name, just in case... :-)
* open the original object.xml in notepad++
* type a space or anything, then save, it will open in administrator mode afterwards.
* close the non-admin-instance of notepad++ to avoid confusion (it's the experience speaking here. :D )

* open the additional object.xml that comes with the ZIP package
* copy and paste the <kind id="hq25"....> lines wherever you want to see them among your normal folders
* copy all the other lines, which contain the monsters
* scroll down in the original object.xml until the end
* paste them one line above the </objectList> tag.

Then you have all my additions right at the end of the file and you can easily find them in the future; for example if you don't like them anymore and you want to remove them.

For anybody who does not want to include all of it:
I separated in the file with comment tags.
You just do ctrl+f and search for <!--
then you copy and past just the parts you want to have.

The HQ25 stuff starts at "Standard Colors"

<!-- Zombicide Symbols-->
<!-- Zombicide Symbols Colored -->
<!-- Miscellaneous Symbols -->
<!-- Miscellaneous Symbols Colorful -->
<!-- Standard Colors -->
<!-- Rooms all in one -->
<!-- Rooms and Monsters in hq25 folder-->
<!-- Colorful icons -->

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday October 10th, 2018 10:48am

Excellent work again! Though a Goblin Archer icon will probably fit in where a need demands, it was decided any use of specialized monsters based off of standard monsters need to be included in Quest notes. This follows the precedent set by all officially published Quests.

Making a Goblin Archer Monster Card won't hurt anything, however. Such supplemental monsters can always fit in an optional folder. Kobold Archers or Spearmen might also regularly appear, for instance.

That Minotaur looks great as a 1x2 icon, by the way. The ES one included in the other thread worked okay, but I like this one better.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday October 10th, 2018 11:27am

Spearmen and Archers are everywhere in the low ranks. Orcs, Goblins, Skeletons, now Kobolds, I can also imagine the Beastmen wearing other gear than "base gear".

That symbol is not needed, and can be included maybe in a monster stat line in the quest book. It is just there because I thought it would be nice to have one in the hq25 folder, as I have seen already several of them flying around in several quests.

We could add a general note that a known monster with a spear next to it can attack diagonally; and a known monster with a bow/crossbow/arrow next to it can attack at distance, with otherwise unchanged values.

I chose that Goblin and not the one with the arrow below because it is more different from a speculative Goblin Spearman symbol than a simple arrow below; and it is nice to look at compared to a goblin with the minisymbol "Longbow" attached. Personal taste in the end. I would want not enforce this to anybody (neither could I, J_Dean |_P :-) )

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday October 14th, 2018 12:37pm

I downloaded the pack and the mino was a 2x2 icon but on your map it is a 1x2?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday October 14th, 2018 1:21pm

I have two of them, 1x2 and 2x2... if they are not both visible I'd like a screenshot with the monster folder open please.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday October 14th, 2018 1:40pm

Anderas wrote:I have two of them, 1x2 and 2x2... if they are not both visible I'd like a screenshot with the monster folder open please.

Every folder is the same content (no 1x2 mino).

Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday October 14th, 2018 2:12pm

Oh. So I forgot to copy the 1x2 mino to the icons folder... I'll correct that on a short notice. Thanks for the head up!

|_P

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday October 14th, 2018 2:21pm

... and done. Just re-download and copy to the heroscribe folder.
The Object.xml should already have everything necessary.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming