• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

0. HQ25 - Design Document

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: 0. HQ25 - Design Document

Postby Gold Bearer » Friday July 25th, 2014 8:16pm

Wonderful, looks like somebody else has it in for me. What did I do to piss you off then? So, so tired of this

I've already been given the okay to use them. I seriously doubt he's now going to turn around and say I can't.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby TMU » Friday July 25th, 2014 8:20pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Wonderful, looks like somebody else has it in for me. What did I do to piss you off then? So, so tired of this

I've already been given the okay to use them. I seriously doubt he's now going to turn around and say I can't.

You haven't pissed me off |_P It's your own head messing you up.

Sjeng is taking a timeout so we won't know for now how ogres will be handled.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Friday July 25th, 2014 8:28pm

Well you had a little pop about me having a problem with your pal and since then you seem very keen on something happening that you know will be unfair enough to make me walk.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » Friday July 25th, 2014 8:30pm

If you say so. I don't mind discussing this further as the problem won't leave this way.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Friday July 25th, 2014 8:48pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Well you had a little pop about me having a problem with your pal and since then you seem very keen on something happening that you know will be unfair enough to make me walk.
TMU wrote:If you say so.
I don't need to say so.
TMU wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I got the beta of this done. Who wants to pbp test it? Up to five people (the ice mage) but not KK or GK. I'm not having those two playing just so they can look for any little thing they can find to criticise.
Seriosly? Are you going to put on the chapters notes that "Goblin-King and knightkrawler are not allowed to play these quests."? I tried to put this as friendly as I can: Do you know how immature picture a post like that gives from you? Chill man, plz.

Edit: I can tell you that GK and KK are awesome. You just don't understand that whatever they do, they are trying to help. :2cents:
TMU wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:So we've got to take out the chaos gods and the ogres then, after I got the all clear to use ogres who were in it from the start? Oh and we're not allowed to use the WoM hero spells that I wrote into the wizards special artefact that people seemed to like?
If that is what the document states, then yes.
TMU wrote:Check the GW part and monster part. It reads there ;) About the artefact I don't say anything.
TMU wrote:
Sjeng wrote: GAMES WORKSHOP AND INTELLCTUAL PROPERTIES
While HeroQuest is a dead franchise only kept alive by fans, Games Workshop is very much an active company.
As such HQ25 will not include any references to anything Games Workshop/Warhammer related besides what already exists in the official HeroQuest material.
This includes but is not limited to: names, places and races.
The exception is generic terms like "Beastmen" and "Chaos Dwarf", while being found in the Warhammer world, aren't exclusive to it.

Sjeng wrote: MONSTERS
HQ25 is using the monsters from the original game system, but not any of the expansions. (The exception being unique models such as the Wizards of Morcar or Sinestra. They are not a race, but unique characters whose models might be used.)
It reads right there. :?
TMU wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:
TMU wrote:
Sjeng wrote: MONSTERS
HQ25 is using the monsters from the original game system, but not any of the expansions. (The exception being unique models such as the Wizards of Morcar or Sinestra. They are not a race, but unique characters whose models might be used.)
It reads right there. :?
You're right! I missed that. It must be a oversight then because:
Sjeng wrote:As for the ogres: well, as long as it's the standard ogres from the AtOH pack, I'm all for them ;)
Did some searching and I can't seem to find any post where we opted against them completely, so go ahead, but make sure they FIT within the whole theme of the story arc.
And there's no way I'm losing my ogre NPC. That is not going to happen.
But you see, that now we did find that where it says it is not good to use them. I am not the only one deciding on this so I won't put a definit no-no on that, but still I think we will stick to these rules posted here. :p
You said it yourself.
TMU wrote:I don't mind discussing this further as the problem won't leave this way.
And now you seem to be fishing for an argument. You're trying to make me angry aren't you? It won't work. I'm very calm right now. :) Do your worst.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Saturday July 26th, 2014 12:43am

In regards to an Ogre NPC, if it's been marked okay, the easiest solution is to have a note in the quest stating: "Use of an Ogre figure if one is available, use the Chaos Warlock to represent it if an Ogre figure is not available."

:2cents:

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday July 26th, 2014 2:44am

SKAVEN:
Skaven would in fact have been called skaven as they are a part of official HeroQuest lore via the White Dwarf expansion. They are already in the game.
HQ25 Design Document wrote:HQ25 will not include any references to anything Games Workshop/Warhammer related besides what already exists in the official HeroQuest material.

GAMES WORKSHOP:
As per many "cease and desist"-ed homepages and other materials, GW does not regard fan pages and fan materials as free advertising (non-profit or not).
To add to that, the World of HeroQuest isn't exactly the world of Warhammer with Polar Warbears and Ice Gremlins.
No need to be bound by Warhammer lore and no reason not to make HQ stand out as it's own thing.

OGRES:
I'm not sure why a single haphazardly made quote overrules every other discussion and vote.
There are probably a ton of conflicting statements made throughout this entire production.
But ogres were extremely unpopular in the vote. Sjeng himself was comparably denied using "just normal skaven".
HQ25 Design Document wrote:HQ25 is using the monsters from the original game system, but not any of the expansions.
HQ25 Design Document wrote:It is strongly encouraged to focus on using the new monsters!
No ogres. I'm sorry; I know this means some extra work.

GENERAL ON CONTENT:
HQ25 Design Document wrote: You can play HQ25 using only the material supplied with the game system and HQ25.
There is a reason for this. Any expansion besides KK and RotWL are considered rare and expensive.
We can not expect the average player to be in possession of those, which is why they are not being used.
I wouldn't demand a player to locate and download 5 different pds from the Inn before being able to play.
Every single spell, tile or door that isn't in the game system would therefore have to be included in HQ25.
Pulling in stuff from every expansion would make a mess of this one.
Players having to acquire additional models for the new monsters is a necessary evil we must accept if we want to include new monsters.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Saturday July 26th, 2014 3:56am

And in the end, you can always use some other strong monsters instead of ogres GB. Iam sure that with your enthusiasm you can do just fine ;)

Rewards:
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby wolfie907 » Saturday July 26th, 2014 5:10am

this is a game meant to be fun I don't think everyone needs to be so serious and offended we are all just a bunch of dorks trying to play an old boardgame this is not exactly earthshatteringly important stuff. my opinion and I realize ive been fairly quiet about the hq25 of recent but I was fairly vocal in the early choose your monster stage and ogres were definitely not popular and I was under the impression they were most likely out of it use the minotaurs if you need a big guy and I am not sure but are mercenaries allowed in hq25? also which quests are left id like to write one

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday July 26th, 2014 6:35am

wolfie907 wrote:this is a game meant to be fun I don't think everyone needs to be so serious and offended we are all just a bunch of dorks trying to play an old boardgame this is not exactly earthshatteringly important stuff. my opinion and I realize ive been fairly quiet about the hq25 of recent but I was fairly vocal in the early choose your monster stage and ogres were definitely not popular and I was under the impression they were most likely out of it use the minotaurs if you need a big guy and I am not sure but are mercenaries allowed in hq25? also which quests are left id like to write one

Maybe you could help gootchute with writing the Fimir/Kobold/Swamp arc. He's laid out some pretty good ideas and asked me for help, but I can't. If you're interested, drop him a PM.
There should also be other quests to choose from. Would like to have you on board.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming