• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby Sjeng » July 23rd, 2014, 7:01 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I like the basilisk. I was getting quite worried after you posted the pictures of the armadillo and chicken. Part, reptile (fine), part rooster (wtf!)!

That's a Cockatrice, not a Basilisk ;)

Chaos Dwarfs - Mantic dwarves. I have these:

Although they do have some rather nice abyssal dwarves too:

Beastmen - GW beastmen (Gor I think) and a few Reaper Bones 2

Minotaurs - Reaper Bones 1+2 / I have some olf plastic ones, but can't remember where they're from... Zagor??

Chaos Cultists - Reaper Bones 2 worshippers (expansion set #1)

Kobolds - Reaper Bones 1

Basilisks - Reaper Bones 2!

This has beastmen, minotaurs, dragon hatchlings hehe, oh yes a basilisk too!! :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Teldurn » July 23rd, 2014, 10:25 am

Don't forget the male/female Barbarians right next to the Basilisk. They look incredible.

As for me, since I will almost certainly be running the game online, I don't need to worry about minis. Instead, my trouble will be finding appropriate token icons. Thankfully, I'm friends with a prolific token artist who does a ton of stuff for Roll20, and he said he would work with me to make HeroQuest Prime tokens. I can't believe my luck with this.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby gootchute » July 23rd, 2014, 10:26 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Painted brown I think early warhammer skinks could do for kobolds - especially since I actually got some laying around:

Great idea, though I would shave off the crests. What about the bows though?
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » July 23rd, 2014, 11:31 pm

I'm getting excited about my Bones II order getting closer. I always force myself to forget about it and it's a pleasant reminder that it's coming. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=infernal+spawn+of+evil

Dwarves: Mantic

Minotaur: Bones I & II

Kobolds: Bones I (ended up selling the first ones I did for a decent price and need to paint the replacements)

I just need to pay attention to whats been done for development by the community since I've been out of the loop big time.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » July 24th, 2014, 12:00 am

the chaos dwarves gk posted are to me the iconic chaos dwarf when I hear the term they are what I think of I have a set I got around when I was 14 I primed them wayback then and they have been sitting in a box ever since its about time they got some love anyway and I think the hats are dumb but they just aren't the same without them. ill use the same beastmen as gk also but ill mix in some of the battlemasters ones as the style of both games minis are near identical ill use the reaper kobolds for minotaur I have a few including the one gk posted except mine has the alternate club and not an ax I have three bones minotaurs they are way to big they would not fit on a frozen horror base but should fit a wolf base also they were actually not a part of the first bones kickstart they were part of the original bones release I also have a dark world one that is already painted up it is a terrible sculpt but it would fit on a standard hq base gk's cultist idea is good I even have one of those minis but ill need more I think sjeng has it right with bones 2 and for a basilisk ill use the bones 1 medusa as I like it better as a monster than a basilisk or a cockatrice though they are all basically the same with different body types

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » July 24th, 2014, 2:59 am

gootchute wrote:Great idea, though I would shave off the crests. What about the bows though?

You are right... We better change them to always carrying shortbows!
Nah... I'll just ignore the bows. Meh...

wolfie907 wrote:I think the hats are dumb but they just aren't the same without them.

There was an early time where Chaos Dwarfs were just Dwarf Chaos Warriors! :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby gootchute » July 24th, 2014, 10:55 pm

classic chaos dwarfs are the best. I love how the master of madness has a helmet crest which is a miniature version of himself.
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » July 25th, 2014, 12:37 am

you are correct I know of them and they are way cooler its just that when I started playing the plastic mono pose regiments were about all I could find at the only shop in a town that is a hundred miles from where I lived plus I was about 14 and there was no internet back then so to me the big goofy hatted vampire fanged dreadlocked bearded fellows are what I automatically think of when the word chaos dwarf is said they were shortly thereafter canceled by gw forever locking them in as chaos dwarves to me anything else just don't seem right

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » July 25th, 2014, 2:38 am

I'm not arguing here, I think of those as well when thinking Chaos Dwarfs.
All in all I even think it was a good move by GW to differentiate CDs from regular Chaos.
What ever you think of the hats and beards you gotta admit they looks very distinct, unlike anything else in fantasy gaming!

Also, Chaos Dwarfs are real:

Notice the hat and braided beard.

Great Lammasu. Again with hat and beard.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 25th, 2014, 4:06 am

Games Workshop has never been inventive.
They took a map of the world, changed it slightly, put rough patches of real earth culture clichées in, allocated their races accordingly and voilà.
In my opinion, the Warhammer world is the most unimaginative and unnaturalistic/unrealistic fantasy world ever "created".

It serves the game and the battle background (no world actually needed), but they shouldn't have drawn a map in the first place.
They could have taken an alternate reality real world, which would have been interesting, but what they've done over the years is half-assed to say the least.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming