• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

4. HQ25 - Story Arc discussion

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: 4. HQ25 Story Arc discussion

Postby Gold Bearer » July 14th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Teldurn wrote:While I would like to see the community come together and finish this quest pack as much as the next person, I feel we need some crystal clear direction and leadership. A project manager who can come in with a plan and say, "Okay, this is how much time we have, here is the work that's left to do, and here are the steps to make sure it all gets done." Otherwise we'll still be arguing monster choices in December. ;)

If anyone has some actual management experience, now's your time to step up and shine! I don't want to see us release a 26th anniversary edition. :lol:
That's why I've just started making quests. If we wait for everyone to agree on everything nothing will ever get done. The basics are all decided so there's no need to wait.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby MrBigB » July 15th, 2014, 12:17 am

Teldurn wrote:While I would like to see the community come together and finish this quest pack as much as the next person, I feel we need some crystal clear direction and leadership. A project manager who can come in with a plan and say, "Okay, this is how much time we have, here is the work that's left to do, and here are the steps to make sure it all gets done." Otherwise we'll still be arguing monster choices in December. ;)

If anyone has some actual management experience, now's your time to step up and shine! I don't want to see us release a 26th anniversary edition. :lol:

I absolutely agree we need to formally have a project lead, though I thought Goblin-King and/or Sjeng were already appointed (officially or otherwise), and would 100% support either as they seem like natural choices.

If not, I'd offer up myself as I have both managerial experience, project team lead experience, and have no issue making decisions even if they may be unpopular. Unfortunately, all of that is in a field drastically different then anything involved with getting a product created and "out to market" so to speak. Factor in this is my first true go at building a quest pack, and I'm still a novice catching up on HQ/WH lore... I just don't have the street credit. Passion, drive, and commitment I have in spades, but not a lick of HQ street cred :?
"Hey guys, I'm having a really good time."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Count Mohawk » July 15th, 2014, 1:20 am

All you need to do to be a project leader is organize what's already been decided and make sure everybody is on the same page. For example, find the finished new-monsters list (Quest-specific customs are allowed within reason as long as it's not a whole new figure), finish sorting out the storyline elements by putting each chapter into its own thread, and assigning people who expressed interest in each chapter the task of making the Quests proper. Then someone goes over them with an eye for game balance, adds some treasures/potions/artifacts, and we're most of the way there! :gargoyle:

Also, the highest-level team leader needs to have ultimate veto power. For example, if we give Sjeng the Mentor/Zargon hat, he gets final say about what goes in, like whether or not we were using Ogres. (Speaking of Ogres, you're right that they did appear in both Against the Ogre Horde and Mage of the Mirror, but Mage of the Mirror only had 'normal' Ogres - the Champion, Chieftain, and Lord figures were AtOH exclusives.)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 4. HQ25 - Story Arc discussion

Postby Sjeng » July 15th, 2014, 2:25 pm

I know, IO've been very busy lately, real life and all, but I am planning on getting more involved soon. I just asked drathe to create a subforum for this project, to keep it more organized.

As for the ogres: well, as long as it's the standard ogres from the AtOH pack, I'm all for them ;)
Did some searching and I can't seem to find any post where we opted against them completely, so go ahead, but make sure they FIT within the whole theme of the story arc.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 15th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Excellent! They'll make a very nice possible addition to the greenskin chapter as well, in small numbers.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MrBigB » July 15th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Holy cow, I'm gonna have to build a bunch more skeletons/zombies :shock:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » July 15th, 2014, 8:18 pm

MrBigB wrote:Holy cow, I'm gonna have to build a bunch more skeletons/zombies :shock:
Not necessarily, remember the darkness rule. They'll definitely be fine if they've got RotWL.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MrBigB » July 15th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:
MrBigB wrote:Holy cow, I'm gonna have to build a bunch more skeletons/zombies :shock:
Not necessarily, remember the darkness rule. They'll definitely be fine if they've got RotWL.

I was just talking about me specifically ;) I made my modular board/characters/dice/cards/books/etc from scratch last year. At the time a complete basic set was running $300-$400 on eBay and well, I'm really cheap.

If your interested in my building adventure (I'm pretty proud of how it turned out):
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?t=2000

Edit: for that matter, I've got to find images to use to build all the other figures to use in our pack... Yikes :shock:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » July 16th, 2014, 12:15 am

That swinging blade trap... Weren't there only three blades? One black and two white?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 16th, 2014, 3:47 am

TMU wrote:That swinging blade trap... Weren't there only three blades? One black and two white?
It's a higher ceiling in that bit. ;) I thought they varied anyway?

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming