• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] 1. Choose your monsters for the 25th Quest Pack

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

What monsters would you like to see in the new 25th Quest Pack?

Stick to base set. Everything must be done with quest notes and original minis. From here, go wild!
17%
Stick to base set, but create a couple of "official" variant monster types with special rules/stats (e.g. orc berserker, goblin archer etc)
19%
Create one or two new sets of monsters that go beyond the minis available in the base set, but fit the theme (beastmen, chaos dwarves etc.)
38%
Free for all - Official edition. Use whatever official HQ material exists, including the magazine quests (ogres/skaven/trolls)
18%
Free for all - Do whatever you want with monsters. Add what you feel is fitting.
8%

Total votes : 72

Re: Choose your monsters for the 25th Quest Pack

Postby torilen » December 12th, 2013, 8:34 pm

I'm gonna toss in my suggestions for monsters - take 'em or leave 'em - won't hurt my feelings. They can all be found in my
own monster expansion - but to keep everyone from having to download the pdf, here they are typed out.

Ghoul
Move: 6 AD: 3 DD: 3 Body: 2 Mind: 0
Special: If attack causes at least 1 point of damage, character is paralyzed until
the Player can roll 5 or 6 on one red die.
**Power of this monster is designed to be set between zombie and mummy

**In the vein of making monsters as A<B<C, in terms of power - here are three that would go together:
Ghost
Move: 6 AD: 3 DD: 3 Body: 3 Mind: 0
Special: Creature is incorporeal - it can only be attacked by magical weapon or
magic spell; Creature's movement is Flying; If attack causes at least
1 point of damage, GM rolls one red die. On roll of 5 or 6, character
loses 2 Body Points, which reduces his maximum Body Points until
healed by spell or Potion of Restoring.
Wraith
Move: 6 AD: 4 DD: 4 Body: 3 Mind: 0
loses 1 Body Point and 1 Mind Point, which reduces his maximum
points until healed by spell or Potion of Restoring.
Gloom Spirit
Move: 7 AD: 4 DD: 4 Body: 4 Mind: 0
loses 2 Body and 2 Mind, which reduces his maximum points until
healed by spell or Potion of Restoring.

One of my favorites - designed after Gump from the movie Legend:
**NOTE that this one involves mind points nicely.
Faerie Fiddler
Move: 5 AD: 2 DD: 3 Body: 4 Mind: 6
Special: This creature's attack is made with a crossbow; In place of any attack, this creature can play its magical fiddle that will cause any Hero that hears the playing to begin to dance wildly. The Hero must roll a number of combat dice equal to its Mind Points, and must roll at least 2 white shields to break the spell. If the spell is not broken, the Hero will begin to lose 1 Body Point per turn after the third turn of dancing.

I would also suggest the vampire - I'm sure we will have differing views on this monsters stats and abilities. I'll be happy to give mine
if anyone wants to include this monster..
Last edited by Daedalus on January 27th, 2015, 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged for link

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jackyboy » December 13th, 2013, 7:43 am

A vampire could make for a quest boss, blood sucking and able to turn into a bat is a must! :D.
Last edited by Daedalus on January 27th, 2015, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » December 22nd, 2013, 5:30 am

So, the poll has ended, and I think it's safe to say that we mostly agree on the following options:

* all monsters from the base set are included of course
* we may add a few alternative weapon wielding base monsters, such as a goblin archer, an orc champion, a skeleton archer, as long as it's limited to 1 or 2 alternatives. You don't need/want 5 different orcs or skeletons. We need models for those, and not everyone will have them.
* we want a couple of new factions, such as skaven (from the WD books, warriors, rat ogres, white seer), chaos monsters (beastmen, dwarves, warriors, warlocks), and possibly something else. It should fit the HQ universe though.

So, I'll try to create a new poll for the new factions next, so we can decide which ones to choose from. I'll start with asking which factions we'd want in the poll first..
Last edited by Daedalus on January 27th, 2015, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: [Poll] 1. Choose your monsters for the 25th Quest Pack

Postby Daedalus » January 27th, 2015, 1:23 pm

I compiled an index composed of links for reference of this thread. It includes all HQ 25 Chaos monster suggestions, monster stats, ability suggestions, and comments (sometimes you need to read down a post for relevant info.) Bolded entries are the six officially-chosen HQ 25 monsters from the 3. HQ25 - Choose your monsters + stats topic. Underlined entries are general monster types that contain subtypes. Italicized entries are monsters from the Main Game System. Though many entries don't qualify as one of the six agreed-upon monsters, I included them anyway for completeness and they may inspire other uses in the expansion.

Why bother? My aim is to provide an efficient and logical means for understanding what the community has presented as a whole. A few of other threads contain relevant information that I've been linking (more to do.) From here, polls can be created with just the relevant monster links included between them so that all Inn members can have an informed, equal say in choosing the final form of each of the six HQ 25 monsters. I'd suggest this should be done one monster poll at a time so that a more manageable set of links could be explored and discussed, then move on. Editors will reserve the right to make adjustments, as per the Design Document.

Reptilians

Greenskins

Undead

Skaven

Chaos

Miscillaneous

Last edited by Daedalus on July 14th, 2015, 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tag
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby gootchute » January 27th, 2015, 8:24 pm

Thank you for the very helpful links D!

I have been out of the loop for a while, I had to take a break from hobby pursuits for a few months and as a result I don't know where we stand on this project. I'll do more reading and try to catch up. :ugeek:
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » January 27th, 2015, 10:07 pm

gootchute wrote:I have been out of the loop for a while, I had to take a break from hobby pursuits for a few months and as a result I don't know where we stand on this project. I'll do more reading and try to catch up. :ugeek:

Most of the mechanics are sufficiently well hammered-out to move forward with; see also the To-Do list topic. What we really need are people to produce Quests. We have 5 out of 25 in various states of completion in the Quest subforum. Once the Quests are done, we can spruce everything up art-wise and finalize everything.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming