• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing game cards

Tips and Tricks that don't quite fit into the above categories.

Re: Printing game cards

Postby khimbar » July 28th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Kurgan wrote:Is this what you were thinking of? (topic by Sjeng)

Not really no, but thank you. I'm trying to get hold of just scans of the original UK version to make one as a gift. I have one in the loft but am trying to avoid having to go up and get it to scan them!

I've found some but am really struggling with the treasure cards from the base game for some reason.

Are the PSD files just one picture or am I opening them incorrectly?
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Decipher » July 28th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Just an informational post:

I used https://www.printerstudio.com/

They have Photoshop, Illustrator & PDF templates.

I had to go through all the card PDF files from the forums, resize them then they were ready for print.

At the time I paid around $8.00 USD for 52 cards but I think their prices have went up. They didn't give me any issues about the copyright and their print quality is absolutely topnotch. By the time I was done, I had every expansion set, the base set and a few custom cards printed out. Even the monster cards came out awesome. If I'm not mistaken, I think I still have all the card files saved on my old laptop but they are the US version.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby khimbar » July 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Oh they do look nice though!

Something to think about now then.
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Decipher » July 28th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Okay, everyone hold off on printing anything. Give me 2 days to redo both the US and UK cards. I'll fix them up to fit a few different types of printer's templates. I'll post them here for everyone to download. If you can find a professional printer, it would probably be cheaper, better quality and less hands on work than printing at home.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby khimbar » July 28th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Decipher wrote:Okay, everyone hold off on printing anything. Give me 2 days to redo both the US and UK cards. I'll fix them up to fit a few different types of printer's templates. I'll post them here for everyone to download. If you can find a professional printer, it would probably be cheaper, better quality and less hands on work than printing at home.

You. Are. Awesome.

Thank you so much.
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Decipher » July 28th, 2019, 3:50 pm

khimbar wrote:
Decipher wrote:Okay, everyone hold off on printing anything. Give me 2 days to redo both the US and UK cards. I'll fix them up to fit a few different types of printer's templates. I'll post them here for everyone to download. If you can find a professional printer, it would probably be cheaper, better quality and less hands on work than printing at home.

You. Are. Awesome.

Thank you so much.

Thanks. I sometimes forget about my fellow UK brothers in arms when I do stuff like this. But from here on out, I'll do both versions no matter the project.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby arch8ngel » July 29th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Great!
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Anderas » July 29th, 2019, 2:15 pm

I just discovered that I have the spell backs in poker size, except for the Elf Spell set.
All are in US, borderless, some also have the EU border.

Sorry, the others I don't have them

Decipher, I remember sitting on the 9 spells the same time as I was sitting just in front of one spell back. If this helps on the way, here you go :-)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R-WG9 ... RRgVCRuvRD

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 29th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Anderas wrote:I just discovered that I have the spell backs in poker size, except for the Elf Spell set.

Decipher, I remember sitting on the 9 spells the same time as I was sitting just in front of one spell back. If this helps on the way, here you go :-)

:lol: Well heck, these would've helped out last night. |_P

I like how you painted up the boarders Anderas! Nice work Sir.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby khimbar » July 30th, 2019, 4:07 am

Anderas wrote:I just discovered that I have the spell backs in poker size, except for the Elf Spell set.

Thank you very much.
khimbar

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Hobby Tips