• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest Green

Tips and tricks for painting miniatures and anything else.

Re: Heroquest Green

Postby GimmeYerGold » October 28th, 2013, 9:15 am

chaoticprime wrote:http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/krylon-spray-paint

Krylon /Colormaster/ Fusion for Plastic/ Gloss or Satin/ Color of your choice

What Banksy uses when he paints his minis.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jewels! » October 30th, 2013, 5:01 am

What a great match. But a little part of me screamed inside when I saw what you did to the female barbarian and elf. They will always be powder blue in my book *crosses arms*

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » October 30th, 2013, 6:19 am

Jewels! wrote:What a great match. But a little part of me screamed inside when I saw what you did to the female barbarian and elf. They will always be powder blue in my book *crosses arms*

I think those were recasts :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 6th, 2013, 9:08 pm

TMU wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:Not in Europe, methinks.

So do I, but then I'll try to get it here :D Actually I'm going to States next summer, maybe I can get something with me that time ;)

Check with your airline if compressed canisters of inflammable material is allowed in your baggage. My guess is the answer is no. Better to bring the figures with you to the States and paint 'em there.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » November 7th, 2013, 2:01 am

I'd have to agree with Daedalus on that one. The TSA might strip search and probe you if you try and get a can back on. If it's in luggage and not pressurized it could burst. Doubt they'll let you get away with it on carry on... Bring to US paint it then take em back. Just don't let TSA know you have miniatures otherwise they'll strip and probe you for sure.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » November 7th, 2013, 5:10 pm

"This is amurka! We ain't havin none of them there goddamn GD muzucking banjo-ass harpsicorde tiny-ass terrorizing wee men!"

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » August 8th, 2017, 1:59 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:Thanks for sharing! I'll remember this. I'm always on the lookout for the best matching colors for "official" HQ colors :D

It's not spray paint, but a very close "hero red" is Sanguine Highlight Formula P3, which I used on this Reaper dancer figure to make a custom female monk.

Has there been an accumulative list posted of best color matches to the official HQ colors?

I'm also looking for the best matches for the official colors. I'm not a miniature painter and like the simplicity of the original minis in similar colors by type.

I'm planning on buying recasts of the expansion minis which will need painting to match the originals, and I've purchased some DragonStrike minis and WHQ/Talisman (?) Skaven that I'm also planning on painting (Skaven in brown, I think, and maybe undead white for the DragonStrike Death Knights with the rest to be determined).

This red seems perfect for heroes and I'm looking for a Paladin mini now, and I'm sure I'll be looking for others later that could all use this.

Chaoticprime's green also seems to work.

Now, does anyone have any idea what matches the powder blue from the expansions? Also, are there any other colors I'm missing (red, green, white, grey, powder blue, black)?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » August 8th, 2017, 2:14 pm

As someone who played his first game of HeroQuest at age 11, and started painting his first miniatures about ten minutes after it ended, it has honestly never even OCCURRED to me to keep them the default colors. But for those who ARE interested, what a wonderful thread!
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Painting