• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn Heroquest Set Competition

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

Re: Ye Olde Inn Heroquest Set Competition

Postby Big Bene » September 25th, 2013, 2:13 am

Spiky wrote:- You must paint your forum name and "2013" onto the bottom of the model's base
Make this "You must paint your forum name and the year you finished the paintjob onto the bottom of the model's base". Do you seriousely beliefe you can finish this in 2013 :?:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Spiky » September 27th, 2013, 10:05 am

Big Bene wrote:Make this "You must paint your forum name and the year you finished the paintjob onto the bottom of the model's base". Do you seriousely beliefe you can finish this in 2013 :?:

OK, you're probably right! I'm not setting the end of the year for this to be completed...

So - is anyone going to volunteer to pick a model to paint? No need to source or paint it yet, I just want to see if we can get enough volunteers in order to get this set done

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 27th, 2013, 11:15 am

I'll see how my painting in the miniature exchange goes first.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 27th, 2013, 11:49 am

I'm still looking for ways and twisting ideas and sorting out finances. I'm very interested, but buying everything from scratch this year might be a tad too much.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » September 27th, 2013, 11:52 am

Orc with sword! :D
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » September 27th, 2013, 1:21 pm

I wouldn't mind sending a couple of figures but to be totally honest I'm not really keen to own such a special collection.
I think it's a great idea, so I would like to contribute as many figures as I can but I prefer to be excluded from the draw, someone else will probably appreciate the figures more than me.
My guess was that more people would be involved so far so I could take up some figures that were left.
So instead of signing up now for some particular figures that others might find it easier to paint, I am standing beside this project and letting Spiky know that I'm good for painting something like 3-4 figures (or possibly more if needed) when other people have taken up painting most of the figures.
I can probably do anything except goblins and gargoyle, I don't have any spares left but maybe I'll have in the future.

p.s. Is everyone ok with the substitute figures? I would prefer it if this would be a complete original set, so that it retains the sentimental value.
Conversions should be ruled out too, maybe only very simple ones should be allowed, like different weapons for the orcs and goblins. Not converting a wizard to a necromancer or anything like that.
But that's just my opinion, I'm happy with the rules as they are but I think conversions are more appropriate for the miniature exchange.
In my mind this should be a classic HeroQuest set, all original figures and not even too much freedom in the painting department as well.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » September 27th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Word.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » September 27th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Did you know that "word" spelled backwards is "drow"? Freaky!!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » September 27th, 2013, 5:05 pm

This is actually cooler than the exchange program :) likewise said : 35 different minis, 35 different little stories :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » September 27th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Maike05 wrote:This is actually cooler than the exchange program :) likewise said : 35 different minis, 35 different little stories :)

*retweeted*

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniature Exchange Room