• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Japanese HeroQuest: Quest Translation

Members who have translated, or would like to translate any Resources that weren't originally released in their language, or is unavailable on the Home Page may post their progress and results in this forum.

Re: Japanese HeroQuest: Quest Translation

Postby bastianbux » May 14th, 2013, 3:56 pm

AerynB wrote:What we're doing is translating something from Japanese into English which was originally translated from English into Japanese.

Actually, I don't think the Japanese ever actually translated it from English. To me it looks like they made a bunch of guesses about the quests and story based on the maps and where things were labeled and such, because sometimes we get things like similar maps with Chaos Warriors in the four corners surrounding the central room as they do in the NA and EU versions of that same quest, but they act completely different and serve an entirely different purpose in the Japanese quest. I'd bet all of my HeroQuest stuff that the Japanese team chose instead of having all the quests translated from English to Japanese to simply take some stabs in the dark and allow themselves the freedom to invent when guesses weren't cutting it. :D

So I think it's apropos that we're sort of doing the same now, albeit with the help of Google Translator. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby AerynB » May 14th, 2013, 4:05 pm

I don't think so at all. After translating the Japanese rulebook back to English, I could tell that they definitely started with the UK English rules and tweaked them to better serve their audience. The cards are all practically the same as the UK counterparts with a few differences. I believe wholeheartedly that they did the same with the quests -- finding some elements they liked and tweaking others to fit with their audience's likes.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 15th, 2013, 5:23 pm

AerynB wrote:クエスト10 炎の魔法使い = Quest 10: The Fire Mage

"Parchment Text"

Translate.Google.com:
...It is a Wizard of fire of guarding the dungeon of this mountain that Borough.
Borough In subordinate Glynn dead most trusted, I use the "magic of fire"....

My Best Guess:
...Balur the Fire Mage is guarding this mountain dungeon.
Balur is Grimdead’s most trusted subordinate and uses “fire magic.”...

Since Balur is a Fire Mage name already familiar to HQ fans, I see why you used it as a more acceptable translation. However, I keep thinking it's the same person when I read it here, but that's not possible...or is it? Do you see my confusion? If that makes sense, then I'd recommend using an alternate tranlation choice. Alternate Google translation choices included Valor or Valar, both of which ring close to Balur. Valor even came up for the same characters when I tried a Google translate for the text below:

"When the hero defeat the Borough, is removed from the panel board game a piece of valor, go to the position of the X-tile stairs, Lucifer, to place the furniture and all monsters. And I tell the following in the brave."

AerynB wrote:Translate.Google.com:
[Quest rules]

...When the hero defeat the Borough, is removed from the panel board game a piece of Borough, Move to position of the X tile stairs, demon king, to place the furniture and all monsters. And I tell the following in the hero.
"Moment to fall, Borough shouted the spell, the floor collapsed to make a sound and rattle. At the bottom of the floor collapsed, there is a staircase, Goblin of three animals appeared from there, I was Tsuresa~tsu the Borough. It is a quest end Defeat all the monsters. Hero that if you defeat the monster of all, the stairs of the central room, go down to the second floor underground."

My Best Guess:
[Quest Rules]

...When the Heroes defeat Balur, the Demon Lord should remove his piece from the gameboard and move the stairway tile to where the X’s are on the map. Then read the following to the Heroes: {??? I don’t understand the part about furniture and monsters.}
“The instant he fell, Balur shouted a spell, collapsing the floor with a rattling sound. At the bottom of the collapsed floor is a staircase. 3 Goblin monsters appear guarding Balur’s treasure. {???} Defeat all the monsters to complete the quest. If the Heroes defeat all the monsters, they may take the stairs in the central room down to the underground second floor.”

My first guess about "to place the furniture and all monsters" was that Valor should to be removed from the gameboard and placed in the box with the furniture and all of the monsters. After checking alternate translation possibilities, it instead appears to me that "to place the furniture and all monsters" refers to placing the stairway and three Goblins, while removing the opened door and throne.

Though Tsuresa~tsu doesn't translate, breaking up the characters into single and paired translations yield: をthe, 連ream (alt.: continuous), れre, 去removed, っtsu, たwas, 連れtake (alt.: bring, brought), 去っleft (alt.: away, leave, gone), ったtsu was. I feel the gist is "Valor is gone". I'd recommend switching the ending phrase "...guarding Balur's treasure" to a new sentence, "Valor is gone."
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » May 16th, 2013, 2:43 pm

AerynB wrote:I don't think so at all. After translating the Japanese rulebook back to English, I could tell that they definitely started with the UK English rules and tweaked them to better serve their audience. The cards are all practically the same as the UK counterparts with a few differences. I believe wholeheartedly that they did the same with the quests -- finding some elements they liked and tweaking others to fit with their audience's likes.

It's clear they understood the rules, yes. Either someone on the Japanese team learned them elsewhere (by a traveling American or European or some such?) or they took the time to have those translated at least. But looking at the way they simply took the same basic look of many of the quests and then made up a completely different story or purpose for those A, B, C notes... it's clear they weren't actually reading the English in the quests. I see no reason why they'd leave some of the quests' layouts practically untouched... but then change the function of each of the events and notes, along with the story.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » May 16th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Daedalus wrote:My first guess about "to place the furniture and all monsters" was that Valor should to be removed from the gameboard and placed in the box with the furniture and all of the monsters. After checking alternate translation possibilities, it instead appears to me that "to place the furniture and all monsters" refers to placing the stairway and three Goblins, while removing the opened door and throne.

When I Google Translated it the impression something like when in the USA/EU Quest 2 event of finding Sir Ragnar, suddenly all the doors are opened and all the remaining furniture and monsters are placed on the board. However, in retrospect that would make no sense since the Heroes are all presumably in the central room where the newly-appeared exit is... there would be no point to show those remaining rooms to them. So it probably was meant to mean to remove the door so that the Heroes are trapped in the room and have no option but to descend the stairs.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob-Bob » June 7th, 2014, 2:49 am

This is probably gonna sound redundant since I already asked said the same thing on both Aeryn and Malcadon's threads, but I know somebody who can help with proofreading the text if you want a wholly accurate translation. ><;
Bob-Bob

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob-Bob » June 24th, 2014, 11:24 am

Welp, now that I have the rules posted, it's time to cover the quests.

Unlike the rules, I don't have a proper text dump. All I have is the translation here. I still tried to get the format as close as I could, but it wasn't as complicated to do as as the rules text.
Bob-Bob

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob-Bob » June 24th, 2014, 11:45 am

Naturally I'll also be putting the quest text in individual posts like I did with the rules. Here, I'll post them chapter by chapter.

Chapter 1: The Departure

Quest 1: Test of Strength
There are three ancestral treasures on Neef Island. These treasures have been stolen. This appears to be the work of a group of monsters that have recently been on a rampage on the island, led by a Monolizard* named Verag. Go to their lair in the foothills of Fyūji Volcano, defeat their leader, Verag, and bring back the 3 treasures. If you succeed in this quest, then you will be awarded 50 gold each, regardless of how you performed. Heroes, work together to complete this quest.

[Quest Rules]
A/B/C -- The Demon King should say the following to the heroes that open these chests:
“The treasure chest contained one of Neef Island’s treasures. The hero that opened the treasure chest should take the chest, and place it in front of them. This treasure must be returned to the King of Neef Island.”
D ------ Verag has no special abilities. The Demon King controls him as a normal monster, following the Monster Card.
When this door is opened, the Demon King should say the following:
“The Monolizard in this room is Verag, the leader of the monsters in this lair.”

[End Of Quest]
The heroes who have accomplished this quest should add 50 gold to the Gold section of their Character Sheets.
The King of Neef Island says this:
“Good work. As promised, here is 50 gold for each of you. I now have a good idea of your strength. The truth is that I have a request I would like to entrust to your skills. You must never speak a word about it to anyone else. Will you accept my request?”
⇨ Continued in Quest 2

Quest 2: Fort Digos
The truth is that my cute granddaughter, Princess Meek**, was kidnapped and taken to the continent of Yushiel. I am suspicious of Fort Digos there. Go to the fort and investigate it. If you find out where the Princess is, please bring her back here. I’ll give you each 100 gold in compensation upfront. If you reunite me with the Princess, then I will tell you of an even greater secret.I dearly hope I can entrust you to bring the Princess back safely.

[Quest Rules]
A -- When this door is opened, the Demon King should say the following:
“There is a message written on the wall in a code from Neef Island. “This is Princess Meek. I managed to get away when I had the chance. I am hiding somewhere in this dungeon. Please rescue me.”
B -- This treasure chest contains 100 gold.
C -- The Dark Warrior*** should not leave this room. When the Dark Warrior is defeated, the Demon King should say the following: “Suddenly, you hear a loud noise from the fireplace, and it starts to crumble away. You spot a hidden door that was hidden where the fireplace was.”
The Demon King should remove the fireplace, and put a hidden door marker at the spot marked on the map with an arrow. Heroes and monsters can both freely pass through this hidden door.
D -- This treasure chest contains 50 gold.
E -- When this treasure chest is opened, the Demon King should say the following:
“The treasure chest contains a message from the Princess and a jewel. “I was hiding here for so long, but they finally found me. I’m about to be taken somewhere else. I leave this for you. Please, rescue me…”
You now know the Princess isn’t in this dungeon. This ends this Quest. You should leave the dungeon immediately.
Also, the hero who found this treasure chest takes the jewel. They should add 100 gold to their Character Sheet.”

[End Of Quest]
The heroes ask residents of Digos for information, and decide to head to Pain Fortress, far to the East.
⇨ Continued in Quest 3

Quest 3: Pain Fortress
Following what they heard from residents of Digos, the heroes have arrived at Pain Fortress. It seems Princess Meek is being held captive in this fortress. Find Princess Meek, and bring her back safely. Your reward will be 150 gold each. The hero who finds the Princess will be given an extra 100 gold. The Princess will be rescued when she steps onto the stairs tile. However, if the Princess dies, you can no longer succeed in this quest.

[Quest Rules]
A -- This treasure chest contains 100 gold.
B -- When the door to this room is opened, the Demon King should say the following:
“You have found Princess Meek! But the moment you opened the door, alarms rang out throughout the dungeon. All monsters, furniture, and doors in the dungeon will be placed. All doors will be opened. The Princess can be moved by the hero who found her, by rolling one die on their turn. If the Princess steps onto the stairs tile, she is saved. The Princess cannot Attack enemies, but can Defend herself if attacked by rolling one Combat Die. The Princess has 3 BP remaining.”
The Demon King should place all monsters, furniture, and so on. Use the Evil God**** figure for Princess Meek.

[End Of Quest]
Having safely returned Princess Meek to Neef Island, the heroes are told the following:
Princess: “A Magician named Barah***** kidnapped me. He was desperate for me to tell him about the Talisman of Lore…”
King: “It seems a man named Grimdead has started calling himself the Dark Demon King, and planning to take over the world. Barah is a subordinate of Grimdead’s, and his right-hand man. Rumors say that Grimdead is using ancient and forbidden evil spells to try and revive a terrifying Evil God. If that happened, it may be the end of the world. Please, use your strength to put an end to Grimdead’s ambitions. This is the Talisman of Lore that they were after. Take it. It will be of help to you. You should begin by heading to Way. We may not see each other for a while, so I bid you good health, and farewell.”
⇨ Continued in Quest 4

You have obtained the Talisman of Lore. The hero who found the Princess should take the Talisman of Lore from the Legendary Treasure Cards pile.

* Fimirs are called Monolizards in the Japanese game.
** The original translation on Old Scratch's forum called her 'Princess Miku', but we concluded it's supposed to be 'Meek' due to the long vowel and the fact that it matches up with 'Neef' and 'Feen'.
*** Chaos Warriors are called Dark Warriors in the Japanese game.
**** The Chaos Sorcerer/Warlock figure is called the Evil God figure in the Japanese game.
***** I'm reasonably certain 'Barah' was a botched/improvised attempt to translate 'Balur'.
Bob-Bob

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob-Bob » June 24th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Chapter 2: The Mission

Quest 4: Ruins of Way
Following the advice from King Neef, the heroes have arrived at Way. Way is home to ancient ruins where heroes trained, back in the times when people were once menaced by the powers of darkness. Now, it is abandoned, and is home to only monsters. Here, you should investigate how the heroes of old fought against the powers of darkness. You may find something of value.

[Quest Rules]
A -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a Shield that still works in the weapon rack. Take a Shield from the Equipment Card pile. If there are no more Shields remaining, the hero sells the Shield they found at the weapon shop, receiving 75 gold.
B -- This treasure chest contains 200 gold.
C -- This treasure chest is trapped. When this treasure chest is opened, a small explosion occurs, and the hero that opened it loses 2 BP. If a Trap Search has been conducted, then let them know what will happen when this treasure chest is opened.
D -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a scroll and a jewel. The Demon King should say the following:
“The scroll contains a prophecy, which reads, 'When humans once again are forced into suffering by the powers of darkness, open this scroll. Ye four heroes, visitors to this land. The Evil God’s return is near. There is but one way to smite the Evil God. Attack in the order of Fire, Ice, and Silver. You should find my descendants at White Mountain. Go there, hear their words, and save the world from the powers of darkness.' Also, the jewel is worth 200 gold. The hero who found it should add this money to their Character Sheet. This quest is now complete. You should leave the dungeon immediately.”

[End Of Quest]
It appears that the Evil God is truly about to be resurrected. “Attack in the order of Fire, Ice, and Silver” - What could this method to defeat the Evil God mean?
If the heroes wish to stop the resurrection of the Evil God, proceed to Quest 5. Otherwise, proceed to Quest 7.

Quest 5: Dread Castle
The heroes have crossed the sea, and arrived in the Kingdom of Grimdead. The castle in which Grimdead has made his home is known here as Dread Castle. This is where he is attempting to revive the terrible Evil God. Will the heroes be able to stop the resurrection of the Evil God? They do not know the details of how to defeat the Evil God. Will the heroes be able to escape with their lives if the Evil God has already been revived? You have no idea what you will find during this quest. You can clear this quest by simply escaping alive. If you are worried, you may skip this quest and proceed to Quest 6.

[Quest Rules]
A -- When a hero tries to open these doors, the Demon King should tell them the following:
“You can sense a suspicious presence inside this room, but the door has been sealed by magic, and won’t open.”
B -- When this treasure chest is opened, the Demon King should say the following:
“The treasure chest contains a small red jewel. It is a magical jewel called the Dragon Eye, and allows all the heroes who return alive from this dungeon to attempt to level up for free. The magical powers of the Dragon Eye will vanish after all the heroes have attempted to level up, but it also has a value of 200 gold. The hero who found it should add 200 gold to their Character Sheet.”
C -- When a hero enters this room, the Demon King should tell them the following:
“You find the Evil God lying on the grave. When you enter the room, the Evil God’s head turns to face you with a clunk. The Evil God was just revived! Having just been revived, it only has the strength of a zombie, but none of the heroes’ weapons are able to damage it. It appears the only way to survive is to run away. Heroes, hurry back to the stairs to escape the dungeon.”
The Demon King should place the Evil God figure in the spot marked X, and remove the grave. The Evil God has the following abilities:
[Movement: 4 squares, Attack: 2 Combat Dice, and does not take damage from any attack.]

[End Of Quest]
The Evil God has been revived. The heroes must head to White Mountain, to find a way to defeat the Evil God. Having barely escaped from Dread Castle with their lives, the heroes must cross the sea once more.
⇨ Continued in Quest 6

Quest 6: Ghost Ship
You find the sea beginning to freeze over, and wonder if it is the work of the Evil God. With still 2 days until you reach the mainland, you find a stranded ship calling for your help. They beg you to examine someone who has fallen ill, so the heroes enter the ship, and follow a member of the crew guiding them through a series of dimly lit passages. When they enter a large room, their guide suddenly turns around, and bids you goodbye with a beaming grin before vanishing before your eyes. The heroes finally realize that they have walked into a trap. Finding the stairs and escaping is the goal of this quest. However, there is still one advantage. This ghost ship is likely to be hiding piles of treasure.

[Quest Rules]
The heroes start in the large room in the centre.
B -- This treasure chest contains 200 gold.
C -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a golden bracelet hidden in the cupboard. This bracelet is worth 200 gold. The hero who found it should add 200 gold to their Character Sheet.
D -- When a hero opens the door to this room, the Demon King should tell them the following: “A corpse of a victim to the ghost ship.”
If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a cloth bag containing 50 gold next to the corpse.
E -- The monsters in these rooms cannot move. They can still Attack and Defend.
F -- When a hero opens the door to this room, the Demon King should tell them the following:
“Finally, you have found the exit! But the ghost ship’s captain is blocking you from getting through this room. Defeat the ghost ship’s captain and step onto the stairs tile, and this quest will be over.” The hero who defeats the ghost ship’s captain receives 150 gold.
Use the Evil God figure for the ghost ship’s captain. The ghost ship’s captain has the following abilities:
[Movement: 6 squares, Attack: 4 Combat Dice, Defense: 4 Combat Dice, BP: 2, MP: 0]

[End Of Quest]
After destroying the ghost ship, the heroes headed to White Mountain to find a way to defeat the Evil God. But the seer at White Mountain, Tstella*, says “You must undergo a test.”......
⇨ Continued in Quest 7

Quest 7: Trial of White Mountain
You must undergo a test, to ascertain that you are truly heroes. Leave this room through the door, then come back in. Nothing could be simpler. If this is enough to make you give up, then it would be a waste of my time to tell you anything. Now, go. I will be waiting.

[Quest Rules]
When the heroes leave the central room, they are each warped to the square with their character’s name. When they each leave through the doors marked X, they are warped to the central room. All treasure chests are empty.

[End Of Quest]
Seer Tstella tells you the following:
“Please forgive me. What I have to tell you is truly important enough to necessitate your test. The Evil God’s powers are truly terrifying. Grimdead is trying to use the Evil God’s powers to take over the world, but he is mistaken. Even if he uses the Evil God’s power, the world has no future but destruction. There is only one way to defeat the Evil God: damage it in the order of Fire, Ice, and Silver. Fire means an attack with a weapon of fire, ice means an attack with a weapon of ice, and silver means an attack with a weapon of silver. These weapons are Legendary Treasures, and could be hidden anywhere in the world. Or otherwise, they could already have fallen into Grimdead’s hands.
King Godot** knows much about the Legendary Treasures, but recently, King Godot has been acting strangely. The only reason could be that he is being controlled by the powers of darkness. Go to Godot and save the king, and have him tell you about the Legendary Treasures. The Evil God has still not been fully resurrected. When the seas fully freeze over, the Evil God’s power will have fully returned. The Evil God will freeze the entire world, then transform, and burn the whole world to nothing. If that were to happen, there would be no way to stop it. There is truly not much time left. Please, save the world.”
⇨ Continued in Quest 8

As he says this, he hands 150 gold to each of the heroes. They should add 150 gold to their Character Sheets.

Quest 8: Curse of Darkness
This is Godot Castle. It has been taken over by monsters, and the king has turned violent. Save King Godot from the dark curse placed on him. You must not hurt the king. If you defeat the monsters controlling the king, he should regain his sanity. The goals of this quest are to save the king, and have him tell you about the Legendary Treasures.

[Quest Rules]
A -- The area marked with diagonal lines is a barrier, and you cannot get near it until you remove it. If a hero tries to move to a square with a ▲ on it, the Demon King should tell them the following:
“An invisible wall blocks your way.”
B -- When a hero enters this room, the Demon King should tell them the following: “You can hear a faint but high-pitched noise.”
If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, the barrier will be removed. The Demon King should say the following:
“Beneath the torture rack you found a small button. When you pushed this button, the whole castle shook, and the noise you could hear was silenced.”
C -- These treasure chests belong to the castle, so you cannot take them.
D -- When a hero enters this room, the Demon King should tell them the following: “The king is cursed by the powers of darkness. Do not attack the king. The king rolls 2 Combat Dice to attack. If you defeat the monsters controlling the king, he will regain his sanity.”
The king can attack the heroes, but should not leave the room. Use the Evil God figure for the king.
E -- These Dark Warriors can attack and defend, but cannot move. When the 4 Dark Warriors are all defeated, the curse on the king is lifted, all of the monsters in the castle are destroyed, and the quest ends.

[End Of Quest]
“For saving me, let me tell you all about this world’s Legendary Treasures. One is the Talisman of Lore, kept by the King of Neef Island. Another is the Flame Axe that I keep here. The Flame Axe is a weapon of fire. The other three treasures are the Wand of Recall, the Freeze Bow, and the Silver Blade. The Wand of Recall is a staff that will be of help to magic users, the Freeze Bow is a weapon of ice, and the Silver Blade is a weapon of silver. These three weapons have already fallen into enemy hands. If you go to Ladoll on the continent of Ricarm, you can walk on the frozen sea to reach the Kingdom of Grimdead. I give you my Flame Axe. Even in this area we occasionally see drifting chunks of ice. They’re proof that the Evil God’s power is rising.” The king gives each of you 500 gold, as if bidding you to level up. The heroes are to attempt to level up. The Dwarf takes the Flame Axe.
⇨ Continued in Quest 9

* For some reason the translation on Old Scratch's forum completely left out Tstella's name. Maybe he couldn't figure it out?
** The map on the back of the rule book has this spelled as "Godo", but it's pronounced the same way as the French name "Godot", so we spelled it that way.
Bob-Bob

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob-Bob » June 24th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Chapter 3: The Search

Quest 9: Wisdom Valley*
From Godot, you headed to the continent of Ricarm, and reached Wisdom Valley. This valley is protected by a gargoyle named Ginim. Ginim gives out bizarre soundwaves that assault human minds. Those without Wisdom cannot pass, so people began to call it Wisdom Valley. It appears that Ginim holds a map showing the location of the Legendary Treasures. You must defeat Ginim and find this map. This quest will be a harsh trial for the Warrior, who has low MP.

[Quest Rules]
The heroes start in the space labeled START. Place the stairs marking the exit at the beginning for this quest. (Do not place the door for the room the stairs are in.)
Before starting the game, the Demon King should tell the heroes the following:
“Due to the bizarre soundwaves in this valley given out by Ginim, each time a hero’s turn comes round, they must roll a number of Combat Dice equal to their MP, and if they do not roll any White Shields, they lose 1 BP."
B -- This treasure chest contains 100 gold.
C -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a jewel hidden in the chest of drawers. This jewel is worth 200 gold.
D -- Ginim’s abilities are the same as the ones listed on the Gargoyle Monster Card. When Ginim is defeated, the bizarre soundwaves stop.
E -- When this treasure chest is opened, the Demon King should say the following:
“The treasure chest contains an old map, and gold dust. The gold dust is worth 300 gold. You have found the map, so the quest is over. Step onto the stairs tile and leave the valley.”

[End Of Quest]
The map you have obtained has 5 places marked with scratches from gargoyle claws. The 5 scratches are on Neef Island, Godot, Black Mountain, Star Lake, and Feen Island. The scratches look new, compared to the map. These must be the locations of the Legendary Treasures. The heroes headed to Black Mountain.
⇨ Continued in Quest 10

Quest 10: Magician of Fire
Following the map you found in Wisdom Valley, you have arrived at Black Mountain. According to the map, there should be a Legendary Treasure here. This mountain’s dungeon is protected by a magician of fire named Barah. Barah is Grimdead’s most trusted underling, and uses Fire Magic. Defeat all the monsters in the dungeon, and look for the Legendary Treasure.

[Quest Rules]
Barah uses the Fire Magic. Barah can use the same magic again and again.

In this quest, the Magician uses all the magic other than Fire Magic, and the Elf cannot use magic.
A -- This is a magical treasure chest. The hero that opens this treasure chest has their BP restored to its maximum.
B -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a Heal Potion in the bookcase. The hero that finds this takes 1 Heal Potion from the Equipment Card pile. If there are no cards, they receive 100 gold instead.
C -- Barah should not move from the square in front of the throne. Barah’s abilities are as follows: Movement: 6 squares, Attack: 4 Combat Dice, Defense: 4 Combat Dice, BP: 2, MP: 6
The Flame Axe will not work on Barah. Use the Evil God figure for Barah.
When the heroes defeat Barah, the Demon King removes Barah’s figure from the game board, moves the stairs tile to the location marked with Xs, and places all the monsters and furniture. Then, the Demon King should tell the heroes the following:
“The moment he was defeated, Barah cried out a spell, and with a rattling noise, the floor gave way. Beneath the collapsed floor was a staircase, through which 3 Goblins appear and carry away Barah. If you defeat all the monsters, this quest will be over. Heroes, defeat all the monsters, then go down to the second basement through the stairs in the central room.”

[End Of Quest]
The heroes headed straight down to the second basement without a break. Add 2 BP to your current points and challenge Quest 11 with the same Magic, Equipment and so on.
⇨ Continued in Quest 11

Quest 11: Barah’s Struggle
There is another level to the dungeon of Black Mountain. Without even a moment to heal their wounds, the heroes headed down to the second basement. The goals of this quest are to defeat all the monsters in the dungeon, and obtain the Legendary Treasure.

[Quest Rules]
The heroes challenge this quest in the same state as when they cleared Quest 10. However, each hero recovers 2 BP, though nothing else. Only magic that was not used in Quest 10 can be used. Equipment may not be altered. They cannot attempt to level up either.
A -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in these rooms, they find a Heal Potion rolling on the floor. The hero who finds the potion takes 1 Heal Potion from the Equipment Card pile. If there are no cards, they can choose between recovering 2 BP right then, or receiving 100 gold.
B -- Barah is still wounded. Barah’s abilities are as follows:
Movement: 4 squares, Attack: 3 Combat Dice, Defense: 2 Combat Dice, BP: 1, MP: 4
Barah uses the Fire Magic. Barah can use the same magic again and again.
The Flame Axe will not work on Barah. Use the Evil God figure for Barah.
When the heroes defeat Barah, the Demon King should tell them the following:
“You have finally defeated Barah. The staff in his hand is one of the Legendary Treasures, the Wand of Recall. The Magician takes this staff. However, they may not equip it until this quest is over. The hero that defeated Barah receives 500 gold. This quest ends when all the monsters in the dungeon are defeated."

[End Of Quest]
2 Legendary Treasures remain. The heroes headed to Star Lake.
⇨ Continued in Quest 12

Quest 12: Mystery of Star Lake
The heroes have arrived at Star Lake. At the river bank, they find stairs leading down. At the top of the stairs is a sign reading “DO NOT ENTER! DANGER!”. You will soon discover the dungeon’s secret when the quest begins. The goal of this quest is to find the Legendary Treasure, and escape safely.

[Quest Rules]
Before starting the game, the Demon King should tell the heroes the following:
“In this dungeon, you are warped somewhere each time you leave a room through a door. You can only leave a room once in each round’s movement.”
When a hero leaves a room, they roll 2 dice. The Demon King moves the hero’s figure to the entrance of the room with the total number rolled on the dice written in it. If it is blocked, move the figure to a nearby empty square instead.
A -- This treasure chest contains 200 gold.
B -- This treasure chest contains 300 gold.
C -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a jewel in the chest of drawers. This jewel is worth 500 gold.
D -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find one of the Legendary Treasures, the Silver Blade, in the weapons rack. The Warrior takes the Silver Blade. However, they may not equip it until this quest is over.

[End Of Quest]
To defeat the Evil God, you must obtain the last remaining Legendary Treasure, the Freeze Bow. The heroes headed to Feen Island.
⇨ Continued in Quest 13

Quest 13: Temple of Ice
The heroes have arrived on Feen Island. A temple made of ice stands imposingly on the frozen seas near Feen Island. Obtain the final Legendary Treasure, the weapon of ice, the Freeze Bow.

[Quest Rules]
A -- This treasure chest is trapped. If a hero opens the treasure chest without conducting a Trap Search, a poisoned spike pierces their hand, and they lose 1 BP. Also, the poison spreads through their body, and they must skip 2 turns. During that time, they cannot defend themselves.
B -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find a replica Silver Blade in the weapon rack. It cannot be used, but is worth 350 gold.
C -- If a hero conducts a Treasure Search in this room, they find 300 gold in the chest of drawers.
D -- When the door to this room is opened, the Demon King should tell the heroes the following:
“The weapon the Dark Warrior is holding is one of the Legendary Treasures, the Freeze Bow.”
The Dark Warrior uses the bow. when attacking distant enemies, it rolls 4 Combat Dice. When attacking enemies in touching squares, it attacks as stated on its Monster Card. The hero that defeats the Dark Warrior receives 200 gold. The Elf takes the Freeze Bow. However, they may not equip it until this quest is over.

[End Of Quest]
Finally, you have obtained all the Legendary Treasures. Now it is time to defeat the Evil God.
Before proceeding to the Final Chapter, the heroes should attempt to level up. This time, if they can pay the costs, each hero can attempt to level up as many times as they want. You should gather everyone’s gold together, and discuss among yourselves how many times each hero should attempt to level up.
⇨ Continued in Quest 14

* The Japanese word used here means "mind" or "mental", but the map on the back of the rules mistranslated it as "Spirits Valley". We left it as "Wisdom Valley" for rather obvious reasons.
Last edited by Bob-Bob on June 24th, 2014, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob-Bob

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Resource Translations