• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Casting plastics and taking names.

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Casting plastics and taking names.

Postby Sgt_fubar » May 24th, 2019, 1:32 pm

I too would be interested if the price was right. I think if you throw them up on eBay you will get shut down quick but if you post here and there at sites you maybe ok. I think GW is your biggest threat for a cease and desist, but here in the US I never saw any of the other expansion sets and would love to put a set together for myself. Let me know what you are going to attempt and I too would reimburse you for your time and materials.
Sgt_fubar

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby defttitan » May 24th, 2019, 2:29 pm

This seems like a fun hobby to get into anyway, albeit a little messy.
I make my own soap, but that's the extent of my usage of molds.

I have thousands of minis for other games... too many, I can't help it. I could always try out some silicone molds and resin casts with those after studying up. If the results are good, I'd love to cast some HQ minis. I have the Witchlord and KellarsKeep minis on sprue still, but i'm not sure that's actually a benefit in this case until I start making my first molds.
defttitan

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby Bob77 » August 20th, 2019, 3:42 am

Anyone making good copies in the united states?
Bob77

Goblin
Goblin

Postby LiefWin » December 6th, 2019, 9:21 am

I have the same question for Europe.

:P
LiefWin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby ajjohnsen » December 12th, 2019, 10:36 am

This would be amazing if someone on here was adept and willing enough to recast some of those scarce figures we all want. Time and materials of course would be compensated very graciously! I am in the US, but any shipping costs would also be covered...please let us know

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Ragnarök » January 24th, 2020, 11:08 am

Is billdask still active? I'd love to buy the female Elf and the female Barbarian :p Mondors recasts seem to be promissing, too. :o

I didn't read the whole thread. But I checked thingyverse for 3d reprints and to me it seems, that those scans are of poor quality missing out a lot of details of the original and now scarce miniatures. Any recommendations for me?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:

Postby Leathaface79 » February 1st, 2020, 3:17 pm

Ragnarök wrote:Is billdask still active? I'd love to buy the female Elf and the female Barbarian :p Mondors recasts seem to be promissing, too. :o

I didn't read the whole thread. But I checked thingyverse for 3d reprints and to me it seems, that those scans are of poor quality missing out a lot of details of the original and now scarce miniatures. Any recommendations for me?

You can check out the below miniatures to use as replacements:

Mara Fronstblade, AntiPaladin for the Female barbarian. https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/bones+plastic+fantasy+female+elf/latest/77490 $2.99 US

Aviriel Tellerion, Female Elf https://www.reapermini.com/search/77070 $2.99 US

I know these aren't the originals but they work in a pinch. I pretty much spec'd out a replacement Mini for Ogre Hoard, Wizards of Morcar, Frozen Horror and Elf Quest. I already owned Keller's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord. I can't afford the other expansions off ebay, the barbarian quest goes for $550. I once thought about buying a set, recast the mini's for myself then re-sell the original kit to get my money back, but that just seemed like a lot of work just to have replicas anyways. I just enjoy the game and there are some really great miniatures out there you can get as replacements to use.

My next project is to get all of the tiles printed onto chipboard. I've got them on thin cardstock currently.
Last edited by Leathaface79 on October 27th, 2021, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Syco54645 » May 26th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Actually I just bought a resin printer so if people would be ok with a 3d printed product I would be glad to supply things for people. I could of course show pictures before anyone commits.
Syco54645

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby WarriorPrincess » June 1st, 2020, 9:37 pm

I just purchased a whole entire collection of miniatures online from a guy on Etsy. The company name is Minis3D. Bio says from Spain. The work is fantastic so together with these miniatures, and all the available content online here, I will be able to piece together every official expansion pack for HQ.

They also have designed custom beasts, and other figures that you can use for game play. This is so, so cool. If I have more money to burn, Id like to buy some of those to add to the richness of this game.

If anyone is still looking for miniatures (this post reply is from June 2020) then you are in luck. You can head over to Etsy and find some. I am not sure how they are getting around the copyright laws, other than MB probably doesn't know of this; the business seems small, and quiet...

:blackshield: :roll3: :roll4:
W@rrior Prince$$
WarriorPrincess

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby Anderas » June 2nd, 2020, 12:58 am

Thanks for the hint! And welcome to the forums. |_P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market