• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Italian knock off fake HeroQuest clone on eBay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Italian knock off fake HeroQuest clone on eBay

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 11th, 2017, 11:48 am

On eBay there is a HeroQuest imitation game "HeroCults" for sale from Italy. Never seen anything like it. Has anyone ever seen an imitation game like this? Unfortunately only one picture is available and the description is in Italian. Image

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gioco-in-scatola-herocults-clone-di-Hero-quest-vintage-falomir-1989/282729164074?hash=item41d3f8ad2a:g:B2kAAOSwT~ZZrqz~
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Italian knock off fake HeroQuest clone on eBay

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 11th, 2017, 11:58 am

Someone should save the picture, to put in a known HQ imitations section. eBay pictures eventually expire
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 11th, 2017, 12:22 pm

I do know that this is known.
Derfel included icons and boards for this in HeroScribe.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » November 11th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Wow! it just goes to show how bad this game could of looked. Had I seen that, I doubt i would of got so excited by HQ or it maintained such nostalgia.

Interested to know more about this obvious knock off!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » November 13th, 2017, 9:23 am

The art's nowhere near the quality of HeroQuest, but it's still pretty fascinating and someone clearly spent a lot of time in creating this. I'd kind of love to have this if it was in English.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 15th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Herocults is a Heroquest clone/parody made by Falomir Juegos in 1989. It is not an Italian brand but Spanish or Brasilian, I don't remember.
You can find more infos on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/98734/herocults
Anyway someone who played the game sayd it really sucks!! I only remeber that when you enter inside a room you have to walk around the like in a spiral to reach the centre of the room (there is an arrow on each room floor that indicates the direction you have to go). Oh and do not expect any real miniature inside, only paper minis. The only playable hero is a Barbarian.

I took this images from boardgamegeek:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Decipher » November 16th, 2017, 9:23 pm

I would buy this in a heartbeat if the shipping wasn't almost 40 freaking bucks!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DrYugo » November 17th, 2017, 11:32 am

that robot lizard or whatever it is :?
DrYugo

Postby knightkrawler » November 17th, 2017, 12:42 pm

...with the armor influenced by Snout Spout.
Lots of lovin' over this guy...

extra forum cookie for posting the link to the thread i'm alluding to.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » November 17th, 2017, 2:21 pm

I haven't looked up the rules or game play yet, but I have to hand it to them. They did a great
job making this as close to HQ as possible with out really infringing on copyright or trademark...
as far as I can tell.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Market