• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Any one still make re-cast minis for hero quest expansions?

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Any still make re-cast minis for hero quest expansions?

Postby Fallensaviour » June 10th, 2017, 11:41 pm

ladybird48 wrote:So i have found a person that does in fact still make re-casts of the minis for all the expansions. Ive seen some pictures of them and they look pretty nice better than any 3d printed ones ive seen.thanks to DarakuTenshi for sending me his info i really appreciate it. if any one else is interested you can find him here. https://www.facebook.com/Mondojose he is vary nice and his prices are alright better than buying each expansion individually. based on his prices you could buy all the expansions with all the figures,cards,tiles, and booklets for about $342 us and 306 euro. not great but not horrible hell of a lot better than buying 1 expansion for $300 according to ebay..

Wow his figures look really,really good.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Any one still make re-cast minis for hero quest expansio

Postby ladybird48 » June 10th, 2017, 11:48 pm

I placed my order with him. takes 2 weeks to make all of them plus shipping from Italy to California but when they get here ill post pictures of all of them I'm super stoked to have found someone that does this still cant wait to play the expansions now.
ladybird48

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » June 11th, 2017, 2:06 am

Look good on his photos, let's see how the shipped figures come out.

But...
wtf...

300 € ?!

I say, let's make some moulds for the inn, and send them around to members to make their own casts.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 11th, 2017, 3:15 am

I have a rule of thumb. I won't pay money for a mini that I could knead from gummibears.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » June 11th, 2017, 6:54 am

knightkrawler wrote:I have a rule of thumb. I won't pay money for a mini that I could knead from gummibears.

Okay ,did you look at his Facebook photos?
These minis look amazing?
Are you insinuating he maybe golden Boy?....because there is no comparison between the two judging by his photos.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » June 11th, 2017, 8:53 am

knightkrawler wrote:I have a rule of thumb. I won't pay money for a mini that I could knead from gummibears.

I would love to eat a Gummy Gargoyle.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 11th, 2017, 9:26 am

Fallensaviour wrote:

Okay ,did you look at his Facebook photos?
These minis look amazing?
Are you insinuating he maybe golden Boy?....because there is no comparison between the two judging by his photos.

I can't and I won't because I don't do facebook.
I don't mean his - or anyone's - talent and methods to resculpt.
I do mean the minis you guys want in the first place, to be precise I wouldn't pay any money to any one who reproduces a Polar Warbear, Frozen Horror, Ice Gremlin, Giant Wolf, Elf Warrior, Elf Archer, Elf Sorceress, or Yeti because of the bad quality AND taste they're in.
I get it, it's The Nostalgia, but from a little outside the hobby Hero Quest these miniatures are outright shitty and ridiculous and look like rubber toys from chewing gum machines.
I am well aware that I might get some flak here now...

My opinion about these models: they are easily replaced and proxied by miniatures from all over the world made by talented sculptors and awesome companies and less expensive.
Oh, and still legal (which is not a point I strongly make about recasting things that are currently not sold, but then again I do hold the miniature industry dear to my heart, so... it's a point again).
In spite of that, you still want these? You're a nostalgic completionist and I understand and embrace that.
What I still don't get? How a nostalgic completionist still resorts to recasts instead of the originals when a whole quest pack is just a little more expensive...

And that's a little more than you asked for, but there you go |_P
but whatever floats your boat.
(Might read a little arrogant, if not trollish, but I'm always hoping for people in the future reading this thread to maybe make up their minds before they spend this kind of money for something like a recast of a product that was - to me - a blatant excuse for a Hero Quest mini).

Did you look around? Do you have any idea what kind of beautiful miniature collection 300 bucks gets you as an alternative?
Last edited by knightkrawler on June 11th, 2017, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » June 11th, 2017, 9:31 am

DarakuTenshi wrote:

I would love to eat a Gummy Gargoyle.

Wings first to cripple the sucker!

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » June 11th, 2017, 11:09 am

knightkrawler wrote:I can't and I won't because I don't do facebook.
I don't mean his - or anyone's - talent and methods to resculpt.
I do mean the minis you guys want in the first place, to be precise I wouldn't pay any money to any one who reproduces a Polar Warbear, Frozen Horror, Ice Gremlin, Giant Wolf, Elf Warrior, Elf Archer, Elf Sorceress, or Yeti because of the bad quality AND taste they're in.
I get it, it's The Nostalgia, but from a little outside the hobby Hero Quest these miniatures are outright shitty and ridiculous and look like rubber toys from chewing gum machines.
I am well aware that I might get some flak here now...

My opinion about these models: they are easily replaced and proxied by miniatures from all over the world made by talented sculptors and awesome companies and less expensive.
Oh, and still legal (which is not a point I strongly make about recasting things that are currently not sold, but then again I do hold the miniature industry dear to my heart, so... it's a point again).
In spite of that, you still want these? You're a nostalgic completionist and I understand and embrace that.
What I still don't get? How a nostalgic completionist still resorts to recasts instead of the originals when a whole quest pack is just a little more expensive...

And that's a little more than you asked for, but there you go |_P
but whatever floats your boat.
(Might read a little arrogant, if not trollish, but I'm always hoping for people in the future reading this thread to maybe make up their minds before they spend this kind of money for something like a recast of a product that was - to me - a blatant excuse for a Hero Quest mini).

Did you look around? Do you have any idea what kind of beautiful miniature collection 300 bucks gets you as an alternative?

I agree about the recasts. As I suggested before, if you don't care that they have to be originals, then there are a lot of good substitutes.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 11th, 2017, 11:43 am

knightkrawler wrote:[How a nostalgic completionist still resorts to recasts instead of the originals when a whole quest pack is just a little more expensive...

THIS is why I've never bought neither recasts nor single FH/MotM miniatures. If I'm gonna shell out big time I'd rather just get everything.

Though with the current eBay prices owning original models becomes an empty quest.
Look at this crap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heroquest-Elf-Quest-pack-/112436892185?hash=item1a2dc2d219:g:CHYAAOSwvihY-3Ik

This costs more than my car! That guy and all other overpriced eBay HQ sellers can burn in Hell! :evil:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market