• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

OG Warhammer Quest

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

OG Warhammer Quest

Postby Hammy in D Town » November 2nd, 2016, 11:46 pm

Hello everyone

I've lurked here many times but never have made a post or joined for that matter. I am entertaining the idea of putting together a set of the OG Warhammer Quest. I've got all the tiles, cards, books etcetera lined up, however I don't know where to begin with the mini's? eBay prices are borderline criminal and I haven't had much luck locating anything anywhere else. I want to try putting a set together if the official miniatures before I give up and use suitable replacements. If anyone on here has anything the are willing to part with or could point me in the right direction of where to find some it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Hammy
Hammy in D Town

Forum Language: British English

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: OG Warhammer Quest

Postby Captain Crooks » November 3rd, 2016, 12:04 am

If you're on Facebook, try the Oldhammer Trading Company, those minis have been popular lately so you may have some luck there :)
Captain Crooks

Hero:

Postby knightkrawler » November 3rd, 2016, 12:37 am

Minis from Otherworld nicely complement the style. Go through their site to determine your style and price range for starters and then go from there.
"Oldhammer" is indeed a nice search word on ebay, as are "Citadel" and "Marauder" (the same range of old Games Workshop minis should show up, but more and newer ones too) in the right categories.
Also, try "3rd edition" and "4th edition" for nice plastic regiments of minis from Warhammer. Among these, there are some that are identical to Warhammer Quest minis, because they simply used their existing Warhammer range for WQ (Orcs, Goblins).
In addition, look for "Advanced HeroQuest" figures, "Darkworld" and "Dark World", "Legend of Zagor", and "Dungeons & Dragons boardgame". The latter's style is off for some minis, but others fit quite well if you make 'em.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Hammy in D Town » November 3rd, 2016, 5:51 pm

Thank you both for your replies I will check all of these out.
Hammy in D Town

Postby slev » December 4th, 2016, 5:25 am

Except for the Heroes and Minotaur, all the minis where sold as standard plastics by GW for many years, and parts of the WFB range for 4th, and later 5th edition. It may help if you hunt them down that way.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Market