• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ebay crawling vs dungeon crawling

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Ebay crawling vs dungeon crawling

Postby el_flesh » Sunday June 20th, 2010 11:09pm

wow - mine ain't bent THAT bad...
Your second pic is the base color of my minis...

"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » Sunday June 20th, 2010 11:39pm

The second pic are Heroes from the North American version. You can tell by the bases. All the European miniatures have a step along the edge of the base. Of the North American versions, only the miniatures from the Mage of the Mirror and Frozen Horror have a step on the base edge. All of the GS, KK and WL miniatures have bases like those in the second image.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Monday June 21st, 2010 5:31am

WHOA.

Pretty observant info. So, am I to understand that the european one has crappier swords, and is even darker red?

That bent sword on the painted Barb of Idomenas would tick me right the hell off. You would have to carefully heat it to get it straight, and even then, I wonder how you would manage to make it perfect?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » Monday June 21st, 2010 6:59am

Torilen - Glad you got it working. You should really thank Malechi for the great looking tiles as he scanned each one numerous times for me. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Friday June 25th, 2010 4:52pm

el_flesh wrote:WHOA.

Pretty observant info. So, am I to understand that the european one has crappier swords, and is even darker red?

That bent sword on the painted Barb of Idomenas would tick me right the hell off. You would have to carefully heat it to get it straight, and even then, I wonder how you would manage to make it perfect?

The thing is that my sets are all european. 2 english and my original Greek. Its like there were 2 editions . I cant show a pic of my own flawed mini cause my Barbs sword was broken and i replaced it with one i fashioned out of plastic sprue with the help of sandpaper and cutter (thanks to my modelling days).

oh :) its Idomeneas.. you know King of Crete and hero of Trojan war ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Friday June 25th, 2010 7:31pm

Well from your modelling days you should now make a HOPLITE Idomeneas!

He gets 4 defense from the front or left, but 1 defense from the right...2 if he finds a short sword, AND it is armed.
He gets -4 move - but he can push any enemy back wards that he touches.
He attacks with 4 from 2 to 3 squares away - only straight in front.
He can't attack to the side until he gets the short sword - then 2 attack to the front or the right; and it is one action to switch weapons

He already comes with a large shield (+1 def), long spear and helmet(+1def) - all of which can be affected by the rust spell.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » Friday June 25th, 2010 10:33pm

Idomeneas wrote:oh :) its Idomeneas.. you know King of Crete and hero of Trojan war ;)

I don't think i've seen that movie... :lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Saturday June 26th, 2010 5:54pm

el_flesh wrote:Well from your modelling days you should now make a HOPLITE Idomeneas!

He gets 4 defense from the front or left, but 1 defense from the right...2 if he finds a short sword, AND it is armed.
He gets -4 move - but he can push any enemy back wards that he touches.
He attacks with 4 from 2 to 3 squares away - only straight in front.
He can't attack to the side until he gets the short sword - then 2 attack to the front or the right; and it is one action to switch weapons

He already comes with a large shield (+1 def), long spear and helmet(+1def) - all of which can be affected by the rust spell.

:D :D :D
and i already have the illustration for the card!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Saturday June 26th, 2010 5:56pm

Phoenix wrote:
Idomeneas wrote:oh :) its Idomeneas.. you know King of Crete and hero of Trojan war ;)

I don't think i've seen that movie... :lol:

just stick to the book :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby kboleen » Saturday July 10th, 2010 9:33pm

I think the main reason Hero Quest hasn't been redone is because there is more than one publisher to contend with: Hasbro (Milton Bradley) and Games Workshop.
kboleen

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market