• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ebay crawling vs dungeon crawling

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Ebay crawling vs dungeon crawling

Postby Ethica » June 9th, 2010, 2:42 pm

I'm not going to buy anymore HQ stuff from those ebay snakes.

If you're not really a serious collector the only things you need are the miniatures (which you can use substitute for) all the other parts are printable thanks to our good friend drathe here.

And if you need an original set try buying a couple of incomplete sets that together have all the parts, they are always alot cheaper.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » June 9th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Ethica wrote:And if you need an original set try buying a couple of incomplete sets that together have all the parts, they are always alot cheaper.

That's a good way to do it. Then you will end up with extra bits that are perfect for the fanquests that use multiples of furniture or other content.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » June 9th, 2010, 3:19 pm

drathe has done an amazing job in all aspects. Not only he has worked his ass off to provide great quality scans, but he set up one of the most organised sites about HQ.
Thank you man once again!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 9th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Thanks for the praises, guys. It has been a lot of work and will continue to be so. Always striving for improvement, too. Be sure to keep leaving feedback and I'll do what I can to make things even better.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 9th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Very very excellent work! I like this site better than Old Scratch (which is also very good!)
I think to make this site REALLY kick-ass we need to find a good goddam online HQ utility, and play it once and awhile!
Having parties where a few of us get together and go thru it would really be fun! Especially if we can get alot more of the user-made quests in!
Is anyone willing to make fri night meeting?

If so, what online HQ version do we use?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » June 18th, 2010, 9:33 am

Might as well trumpet my own horn. I created, with the help of Malechi & Old Scratch, an online HQ Vassal module. It can be played in real time or PBEM. It contains all the pieces you'll need for the main game, Kellar's Keep, Witch Lord and Ogre Horde. The remaining quest packs are all ready to go, except I have no miniature images as I don't own those packs and can't take photos of them. If anyone can help in this regard, please let me know.

See the link below for the downloads:

http://members.westnet.com.au/brick27/vassal.html

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 18th, 2010, 10:25 am

OK - so let's add each other in MSN and get a game going! ...Assuming we use US monsters? heh heh

While I would like a Necromancer, I understand that we might be restricted to the original four heroes... can you quickly make an addition for more hero types?
If not, dibs on the Wizard. heh.

el_flesh@hotmail.com
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 18th, 2010, 5:51 pm

LurchBrick wrote:Might as well trumpet my own horn. I created, with the help of Malechi & Old Scratch, an online HQ Vassal module. It can be played in real time or PBEM. It contains all the pieces you'll need for the main game, Kellar's Keep, Witch Lord and Ogre Horde. The remaining quest packs are all ready to go, except I have no miniature images as I don't own those packs and can't take photos of them. If anyone can help in this regard, please let me know.

See the link below for the downloads:

http://members.westnet.com.au/brick27/vassal.html

I can assist with photos of the Ogre Horde, Wizards, Mirror and Frozen Horror monsters. What sort of shots are you looking for?

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 19th, 2010, 5:30 am

Propably the same thing that happened to Warhammer Quest and now costs an arm and a leg, is going to happen with HQ.

Nope for a long time !
Warhammer Quest is going to be reedited by Fantasy Flight Games (Descent & co) which has the exploitation licence from GW old games so some people can try to get profit on ebay until the release.
It happened with Space Hulk games : it costs nothing now since the V3 is better than the 2 previous ones and includes all marines figurines and different genestealers. The modular board is also better and everyone can od it so old versions lost all their rare value.

The year they lost the HeroQuest brandname, Hasbro bought D&D so now they don't need to deal again with GW for HeroQuest even if they have all the rights in Europe.
They are launching new D&D Raven Loft (in a Descent way) in august 2010 (16th) then another box in december. so yes, the prices for vintage games like HQ is going to be higher and higher for those who never bought it.

When HQ was out in 91-92 it costed about 20 euros (the Greek edition dont know the english retail price)

You are lucky.
In France from 1989 to 1993, the price of the basic box into supermarkets was 280 francs it equals to 40€.
Each expansion was about 99F = 15€
In 1994, the new edition box including henchmen costed 320F = 50€
The expansion Sorceers of Morcar was about 125F = 20€
(SPACE CRUSADE 280F = 40€, the 2 expansions 99F each = 15€)

So now if you look into ebay places (.nl. fr.uk. es . blabla) you will see a lot of boxes are under their prices as "new" and some other are higher. Some people also sell it with painted miniatures for a higher price.
Only Against The Ogre Horde fall into the twilight zone and US packs too.

This game and all expansions is now classified as "vintage" and more & more new people, I mean heroic fantasy fans who discovered the dunjeoning world with Descent in 2006 or D&D Hasbro in 2003 with the help of 3 huges movies too, read forums and talk with ancient like us... they discovered heroquest & warhammer quest too late.
The interest is increasing for such games, such classics and to find a old box in good condition wih nothing missing is a difficult job now.
Those past years, I used to make searchs into summer junks into villages of my region here each sunday.
I can tell you since internet is here everybody is keeping such games and try to get more & more profits : no more such games to sell...

I'm glad I could bought everything I wanted before those incredible prices.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 19th, 2010, 9:40 am

wow. Well, I wouldn't give up on backwater searches just yet.

There are bound to be flea markets out there where the vendors don't realize what they have in their old toys stock, unless they're actually old toy dealers.
Turns out I had a real stroke of luck at the beginning of this year - my cousin had talked about HQ and when I went tot a local internet service that wasn't ebay, I found HQ and Return for $80 total! (That's where the unpunched return tiles on this site came from!) While I thought it was a bit pricey at the time, thank science I bit down on my grumbling and bought them anyway - figuring the combined shipping on buying them from eBay would cost just as much anyhow!

I've been looking for anything HQ on the same website ever since, and it always comes up with nothing.

How frikkin lucky was that?!? Just gotta be at the right place at the right time - to maximize that possibility, you simply have to constantly search.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market