• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

Postby sorcerersapprentice » July 17th, 2016, 8:02 pm

Hi Everyone - Just finished off some of the art for a new monster-size project:a quasi-modular dungeon set called GEAS. Compatible with 1" fantasy boardgames including Heroquest. Made of 4 boards the total surface will measure 54x36". Predominantly this set will have empty rooms - floor decor sure, but 3d furniture and minis will be added by Andy Atom Taylor who is going to be working with me on this project we intend to kickstart at some point later in the year. What you see here is basically the 2d baseboard, the foundation or basic dungeon that I intend to expand with dozens and dozens of packs of large themed overlay rooms/themed mats and pre-cut tiles that allow Geas to be transformed into all manner of things, sewers, catacombs, temples; elemental planes, whatever you want - the mind boggles at the possibilities... Geas allows the user to move the passages and rooms around to suit - and will offer a huge range of exciting vistas for table-top games in the near future including HQ.

You can take a bit more of a peek and keep up to date on this game and even let me know what kind of tiles to make for Geas, if you visit the group set up to design Geas in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1625758761048662/

Kind Regards,
Kris
Something Wicked This Way Comes...

http://gametilewarehouse.wix.com/rpgtilesupply
sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

Postby mukami » July 17th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Looks amazing, I can only image the scenarios that could be made..

At 54 x36, it will indeed put the "table top" in table top games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 20th, 2017, 2:01 pm

Wow, a whole game and world--you are one prolific geek! Go for it!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby sorcerersapprentice » July 17th, 2017, 5:25 am

I am in discussion with WinGo to professionally produce a version of my upcoming World Dungeon Crawler, Geas... should be more to report soon.

sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 17th, 2017, 5:37 am

sorcerersapprentice wrote:I am in discussion with WinGo to professionally produce a version of my upcoming World Dungeon Crawler, Geas... should be more to report soon.

What? Wingo Games actually replies to your emails? For some reason they tell me they'll send me an email with a quote in a day or two, then nothing.

Hope this all works out for you brother.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sorcerersapprentice » August 25th, 2017, 1:33 am

They do - got my foot in the door hey :)

sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Dirtydubya » September 6th, 2017, 9:56 pm

That board looks so rad. All of your tiles look great, man
Dirtydubya

Hero:

Postby Anderas » September 6th, 2017, 11:49 pm

This is really amazing. :shock: That's the right board for the dark company. Better than four heroquest boards. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby sorcerersapprentice » September 13th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind comments - Digital Dungeon Rooms was a huge success, my best project yet and I am busy fulfilling it. But I hope to get back onto forging ahead with Geas in coming weeks. I now have an ability to make 3d furniture thanks to the support of my backers, so this will change things up immensely and I look forward to hopefully producing a demo version in 2018. I just have some other unfinished business to take care of first.

For DDR I produced a new variant of the above map with stone floors and blue-hued floors, plus a giant 4 board sewer system.

In case you were interested, the pledge manager for digital dungeon rooms is open for another 6 days: http://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.com/rp ... ply/shop-2

Cheers,
Kris

sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 20th, 2017, 8:27 am

sorcerersapprentice wrote:I now have an ability to make 3d furniture thanks to the support of my backers, so this will change things up immensely and I look forward to hopefully producing a demo version in 2018.

Ooh! 3d furniture! I like it!

What sort of things are you thinking about?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Market