• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

OLO Smartphone 3D printer

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: OLO Smartphone 3D printer

Postby Thantos » April 8th, 2016, 8:48 am

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:While we are on the subject, Thantos do you know if it is UV or Infra Red that the DLP?
... curiosity got my mind working on this and thought that the top part is a simple stepper motor, and that is the only mechanics. If I got a hold of the software and made a few mods, then all I would need is an old lcd tv on its back a blacked out fish tank, a large stepper motor and BAM giant OLO!

The best results use UV light to cure the resin. The wavelength of the light spectrum is shorter so the light reacts better hitting more molecules of the resin as it passes through and curing better. SLA uses UV usually.
But most DLP uses "near UV" spectrum visible light. Makes life easier than a UV DLP projector!
OLO uses "daylight resin" which is bang in the visible spectrum, (longer wavelength) so the resin cures slower than UV reactive resin. You could use white light from a TV or any other source. ... thats a really good ideal actually lol. 42" print bed? :lol:

@Lucasdp + Iven:
No probs :D i can talk about 3d printing all day, most of my family are friends are sick of it. So good to have people who will listen ;)

Haha, i grew up with pokemon at school when it was first released :P 1st generation lol

@GK: Actually very true... may be better to back Baylor's 42" fishtankTV printer when that launches in 6 months ;)
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » April 8th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Thantos wrote:
Baylor_OgreBane wrote:While we are on the subject, Thantos do you know if it is UV or Infra Red that the DLP?
... curiosity got my mind working on this and thought that the top part is a simple stepper motor, and that is the only mechanics. If I got a hold of the software and made a few mods, then all I would need is an old lcd tv on its back a blacked out fish tank, a large stepper motor and BAM giant OLO!

The best results use UV light to cure the resin. The wavelength of the light spectrum is shorter so the light reacts better hitting more molecules of the resin as it passes through and curing better. SLA uses UV usually.
But most DLP uses "near UV" spectrum visible light. Makes life easier than a UV DLP projector!
OLO uses "daylight resin" which is bang in the visible spectrum, (longer wavelength) so the resin cures slower than UV reactive resin. You could use white light from a TV or any other source. ... thats a really good ideal actually lol. 42" print bed? :lol:

@Lucasdp + Iven:
No probs :D i can talk about 3d printing all day, most of my family are friends are sick of it. So good to have people who will listen ;)

Haha, i grew up with pokemon at school when it was first released :P 1st generation lol

@GK: Actually very true... may be better to back Baylor's 42" fishtankTV printer when that launches in 6 months ;)

I really do like the fishtank idea. Premade terrain for an entire table in 1 print.

I'm interested in 3d printing and would love to learn more about it. The caveat is the more I learn about stuff I like the more I get into it and want to do it, that's why I only pay attention to it peripherally. Where I work there is a 3d printer for models they provide to customers and it taunts me daily. Oh the struggles.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 8th, 2016, 11:26 pm

There was a paper released months ago that described exactly that, a step motor that would draw the stuff out of a liquid tank, and the resin hardened by light.

There are TV's with 2 metres wide format. New part for your car, anybody? :)

I just hope for the guy that he has a good contract with a chinese factory otherwise he will take so long to dispatch that you can get a bigger 3d printer in the electronics discounter by the time he delivers.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 18th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Threads like this have me wondering how long it will be before a 3D printing sub-forum will be needed. I imagine the time arrives when figures are posted by members. Looking forward to it!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market