• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mage knight down under.

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Mage knight down under.

Postby QorDaq » March 1st, 2016, 3:02 pm

I had to double check...*Chuckle*...

Meanwhile poor Lemmeron is still no closer to owning a copy of MK... Heh
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Lemmeron » March 1st, 2016, 8:14 pm

I managed to pick up a copy from a local game shop who had it tucked in the corner not on the system.
It was a bit pricey but I went all noble and supported my bricks and mortar store :lol:

I am still chasing the expansions for a reasonable price

Played a game of it last night. It didn't disappoint.

A lot of rules of course to digest and game set up took a while. But I really like the way that there are so many ways to combine your cards on a turn to accomplish your goal.

Really fun.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » March 1st, 2016, 10:06 pm

Good to hear. Can said B&M order the expansions?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » March 2nd, 2016, 12:42 am

they are out of stock at supplier apparently on back order...

Slev, how do I go about finding out re: the next print run for the Expansion with the printing issues ?

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 2nd, 2016, 2:38 am

I've no clue. I'm waiting myself. In the meantime, it's basically out of stock everywhere, so don't go buying the misprint for obscene amounts!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » March 2nd, 2016, 3:54 am

How do you like the game Slev ?

does that expansion add alot to it ?

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 2nd, 2016, 5:42 am

I don't have Tezla, but i do have the rest. It's all good.

Great game, but murder to teach. I end up just playing the beginners scenario over and over in the hope of getting a group who know what they're doing :D

I actually created half-sized playing cards to replace the skill-chips. These have the skill texts on them too, so you don't have to pass around the refenece cards all the time.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » March 2nd, 2016, 8:42 am

I played through the first scenario with my wife. I helped her a lot with working out combos to do what she wanted but she enjoyed it. Then I played it solo but mixed up the tiles a bit more and was fun.

Today we played the full conquest and had to pause 2.5 hours in for me to goto work. Then Played an hour after I got home. Managed to assault a city taking 1 wound and 2 turns. I didn't know you could look at the monsters before The fight so was pretty tense !

We ended up packing up due to it being 11pm and a bit of a stale mate for my wife on her city...

I really like it but damn it is a long game even with 2 players.

Only seen a few advanced gold units and artifacts and spells so far.

What does lost legion add to the gameplay ?

Do you have a pdf or something if those skill cards ?
So annoying having to look up what each one does !

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 2nd, 2016, 9:36 am

I'll have to dig out teh print files for you. They're set up for POD. Still need to do the ones for Tezla, a mate scanned teh arts for me.

Lost Legion adds more variety to everything, and some extra scenarios. It's very good.

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » March 8th, 2016, 10:22 pm

So I ended up ordering the Lost Legions and Krang character expansion from amazon UK, which worked out significantly cheaper than from the US.

I also emailed Wizkids and asked about the issues with shades of Tezla, and they said that they are still willing to send out the replacement parts for all the errors in the expansion so that it will match in properly with the base game. Of course Amazon UK didnt have this pack, and it was murder by post to order it from any other UK vendor - luckily I should be able to get it from my local shop (I wanted to ensure Wizkids would come to the party first)

So yeah,

Played a few fun games of Mage Knights, expansions on the way :) all good.

I would still like those PDFs if you can find them slev.

Thanks

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market