• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

An idea becomes reality : Tile Bases

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: An idea becomes reality : Tile Bases

Postby Sjeng » July 8th, 2012, 4:14 am

As fantastic as they look, and as excellent they would be for ALL my other miniatures (Ogres, Skaven, Skeletons, Zombies, Ghouls, Dwarves etc.) they're much too expensive. At $0.50 or so, I would be all over them, but I need many many bases, so I'm going to try to make them myself from milliput and instantmold. I really only need 1 good mold, and then I can make a few flat bases, add a tile relief on them, and make new moulds from those, and copy them. They're flat, so they should be really easy to duplicate.

A shame though. I really like them.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » July 24th, 2012, 11:25 am

hey Seb, are you Tael on Blogger? ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Seb » August 12th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Hi Sjeng,

Sorry finally found my password etc for the forum! Argh :D

Yah, been enjoying your new blog for the community alot. I am indeed Tael on Blogger, though my site is Wordpress based.

Still working on making these cheaper, which is likely a styrene option. News when I do. :)

In the meantime, I'll be posting images shortly with my converted heroes and monsters using the bases; awaiting my gear after a new move to a larger apartment with my new hobbydesk, huzzah!

- Seb

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 13th, 2012, 2:09 pm

I just checked your WHQst blog forum topic with all the images... So you must make tons of money painting professionally, right? if not, quit your day job, and start doing this man.
I saw the bottle of red potion on your barbarian's hip, and I freaked.

I see all these examples of amazing paintjobs, then look at my basecoated mini, and think: I see the detail on the picture, but where the F@$% is it on my mini??? Seriously, you paint stuff I didn't even notice was there to begin with. You must have some sort of enlarging device that enlarges your miniatures, you paint them and then shrink em again, because I simply cannot understand how people can paint so tinyly (is that a word?)

Amazing.

edit: never mind me. You apparently ARE a succesfull graphics designer. :D That both makes me feel better about my painting skills, but incredibly jealous at the same time. :roll:

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » August 13th, 2012, 2:15 pm

itsybitsyly...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby CrazyFoolMrT » August 30th, 2012, 6:24 pm

Would you believe I had all the Talisman figures, gave them to my 11 year old brother on long term loan (Was never going to give him my HQ figures. I asked for them back after getting back into HQ nad found them all mangled and modded in a garage! Damn!!!
CrazyFoolMrT

Hero:

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 19th, 2012, 10:51 pm

I am very interested in this, though I wish the price were lower, and I was more employed. Do these come in only one color?
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 20th, 2012, 2:10 pm

How about making some with a slotta in them?

I'm also curious to know what production quantity would yield the best discount in price. 1000 pieces... 10000 pieces...?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Seb » October 20th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Hi All,

Oddily the forum hasn't emailed me about folks adding comment to the topic - setting is there however. Hmmm, ah well. I'm here and time to answer some questions! :D

Thanks for the painting feedback Sjeng! I've been at it awhile and have a few more HQ things painted up recently, best get my act together and post them on Ye Olde Inn asap.

I actually don't paint professionally, since I do not have multiple Golden Demon trophies, I can barely command a price greater than the original purchase price of the figure - so it is not worth my time, even though I can blitz a piece in less than 3 hrs.

Thats terrible news Crazyfool, I sold off a few myself on ebay years ago - totally regret it now :(

Hi Nephew of Mentor - yes only one colour, I can make other colours using dyes in the resin, but grey was a good neutral for folks to basecoat and paint over to suit. The price is still hard to bring down, I've been working on it - however Work & Life(tm). have been really greedy with my time last couple of months. The Styrene option is still open, the tool maker gave me his best price and well.. not cheap presently.

Hi drathe, the production amounts do indeed affect the price - though with resin option there is an upper limit due to man hours. This is why I'm looking at Styrene production after folks baulked at the current price. That would be in the upper thousands to recoup the tooling costs.

As for a base with a slotta - being so slim they would become breakable and addtionally, not deep enough for the "standard" slottas out there.

I picked up new bag of these up from my producer, so expect some modelling goodies in the next few weeks as I rebuild my HQ bestiary. :)

This project is always on my mind as I would hope to provide an alternative to folks hacking up their HQ minis when expanding their collection using alternate figures (because it is my problem too).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 21st, 2012, 12:02 am

Honestly, my problem with the price is actually just due to my own current situation, which is to say the price reflects the cost of a fairly niche item.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market