• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Derfel Link » March 1st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Thank you both! It's good to know this will come useful in recreating the Agin's Classics.
I think I'll be able to release the Advanced HeroQuest Icon Pack for HeroScribe by tomorrow, here's a full preview of what I've got so far:

Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Derfel Link » March 2nd, 2012, 6:35 am

And here it is! The Advanced HeroQuest Icon Pack is available at HeroScribe.Org! More than 150 icons, that wasn't easy, please enjoy it!
I've also managed to redesign every official mission map; you understand why I am not inserting them in this Icon pack.

Please rememeber some of these icons are copyright 1989-2012 Games Workshop Ltd. All rights reserved. Any reference to existing copyrighted material is done without profit, and is not intended as a challenge to the rights of the copyright owner.
This editor is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » March 2nd, 2012, 6:42 am

Thanks a lot for this work of titans !!!
Your soft is very great and allow to make great maps in high quality (EPS, PDF) !
But,... I don't know how to include the icon pak in the soft...?,??
Can you help me please ?
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » March 2nd, 2012, 7:04 am

gravaillon wrote:Thanks a lot for this work of titans !!!
Your soft is very great and allow to make great maps in high quality (EPS, PDF) !
But,... I don't know how to include the icon pak in the soft...?,??
Can you help me please ?

Hi gravaillon, I'm glad you're enjoying it! In order to install an Icon Pack you just need to unzip it inside the HeroScribe folder, replacing files included there.
Please refer to the FAQ Page for further info.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » March 2nd, 2012, 7:39 am

Superbly done. I've been watching your work and that of others for a couple of years now; deep tip of the hat to a fellow graphics man :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 2nd, 2012, 7:41 am

Amazing! great work man. I'm gonna have to grab this when I'm at home. So awesome.

I was lucky enough to buy a set of Dragon Strike today, for a measly €5,- (plus 6,75 transport), so I'll have 4 more gameboards to play quests on.
You wouldn't happen to have those 4 included as well, would you? :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » March 2nd, 2012, 7:45 am

Sure, grab them while they're hot! Dragon Strike Icon Pack for HeroScribe |_P
Please note I'm working at including every icon and game board in the All-In-One Icon Pack, so you might want to wait for and use that.
Thank you all for the feedback, it's always appreciated.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 2nd, 2012, 7:57 am

Sweet! I actually just remembered you posted them a while ago here. Now to get my hands on some premade quests :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » March 2nd, 2012, 8:24 am

Derfel Link wrote:Please note I'm working at including every icon and game board in the All-In-One Icon Pack, so you might want to wait for and use that.

And here it is! The All-In-One Icon Pack for HeroScribe is now including every icon and board from all the Icon Packs available, featuring 1000+ icons and 10+ boards.
When you want to switch boards, choose the one you would like to use in HeroScribe and copy the Objects.xml file of the board folder then replace the original one from the HeroScribe folder.
Say you want to use the Dragon Strike City board, just copy "/HeroScribe/Boards/Dragon Strike City/Objects.xml" and paste it in "/HeroScribe".
To switch back to the original HeroQuest gameboard, just copy "/HeroScribe/Boards/HeroQuest/Objects.xml" in "/HeroScribe".
Please note that in "/HeroScribe/Boards" are shown previews for all the boards available in HeroScribe (board tile size is shown in the filename).
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » March 2nd, 2012, 1:52 pm

Downloading now... I'm geeked for this. Like WHOA.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Icons