• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby drathe » June 9th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Derfel Link wrote:Now I'd like to add the xml instructions you worked on, drathe. If/whenever (if/whenever) you can, would you please work on the xml instructions for all the Icon Packs available on HeroScribe.Org?

I'm happy to help. The most time consuming part is changing the IDs so that all icon packs can work together without issue. Identical IDs prevent the program from loading. I'll likely send them to you one at a time when I finish them.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby joec » June 9th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Funny, drathe, I just corrected a ton of issues with that.

My only issue comes from adding the German board. Can that be selectable?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » June 9th, 2011, 3:20 pm

drathe wrote:The most time consuming part is changing the IDs so that all icon packs can work together without issue. Identical IDs prevent the program from loading. I'll likely send them to you one at a time when I finish them.

Then please don't work at it!
I'll be changing the conflicting IDs for the next days and will let you know when the fixed Icon Packs are online.
Thanks for your time! I'd like to ask something, though: do you write instructions manually, or is there an automatic process? 'Cause I wouldn't ask you to lose all that time.
joec wrote:My only issue comes from adding the German board. Can that be selectable?

Not within HeroScribe; you'd need to change 5 files (Objects.xml, Icons/Raster/Europe/Board_EU.png, Icons/Raster/USA/Board_US.png, Icons/Vector/Europe/Board_EU.eps.gz, Icons/Vector/USA/Board_US.eps.gz) from time to time; sorry about that.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 9th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Derfel Link wrote:I'll be changing the conflicting IDs for the next days and will let you know when the fixed Icon Packs are online.

Okay, let me know when you're finished with that and I'll start once you're done.
Derfel Link wrote:do you write instructions manually, or is there an automatic process? 'Cause I wouldn't ask you to lose all that time.

I write them manually, but after I did the first template I showed you back in January they aren't that difficult for me to do. I just reuse the template and swap out the code for each pack. It's no trouble at all and I would like to do it.
Derfel Link wrote:
joec wrote:My only issue comes from adding the German board. Can that be selectable?

Not within HeroScribe; you'd need to change 5 files (Objects.xml, Icons/Raster/Europe/Board_EU.png, Icons/Raster/USA/Board_US.png, Icons/Vector/Europe/Board_EU.eps.gz, Icons/Vector/USA/Board_US.eps.gz) from time to time; sorry about that.

Joe, I recommend creating two additional folders within HeroScribe. Name one Original Files and the other Modular Files. Inside each, store a copy of the Objects.xml, Icons/Raster/Europe/Board_EU.png, Icons/Raster/USA/Board_US.png, Icons/Vector/Europe/Board_EU.eps.gz, Icons/Vector/USA/Board_US.eps.gz files. One set for your original HeroScribe and the other for the Modular version. Then all you have to do is copy and paste the contents into the main HeroScribe folder before loading the program when you want to switch.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » June 9th, 2011, 6:14 pm

drathe wrote:Okay, let me know when you're finished with that and I'll start once you're done.

Ok, that was fast!
I should be done, some icon packs didn't need any change, these one instead did need some tweaks: Azrael's, Battle Masters', Derfel's, Dewayne Agin's, Dragon Strike's, drathe's, Dungeons and Dragons', Flint's, Frodo's, Grampasso's, Geat Slayer's, HeroQuest.Es', Not.Found's, Phoenix's & Warhammer's.
You should re-download 'em, then start to work on the instructions whenever you can/want.
drathe wrote:I write them manually, but after I did the first template I showed you back in January they aren't that difficult for me to do. I just reuse the template and swap out the code for each pack. It's no trouble at all and I would like to do it.

Well, thanks drathe, that's very nice of you. Please take all the time you need to make them.
I remember slightly modifying the file you sent me on January, would you please use this template instead of yours? It's pretty much the same, but I like it more.
Again, thank you very much for the effort.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 10th, 2011, 1:15 am

Derfel Link wrote:I remember slightly modifying the file you sent me on January, would you please use this template instead of yours?

Will do. |_P

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Derfel Link » June 10th, 2011, 2:28 am

drathe, please be aware I've added an icon to Elessao Icon Pack and several others to SemiModular Icon Pack (room borders from x1 to x5 and a room border corner; unfortunately there seems to be a slight alignment bug that I can't seem to fix).

EDIT
From today is available on HeroScribe.Org the All-In-One Icon Pack, featuring almost every pack I've been working on.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 10th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Thanks, I'll download the fresh packs ASAP!

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Phoenix » June 12th, 2011, 1:28 am

I like the idea of 'smaller' rooms/boards, however, why can't we who prefer the 'US' style mess with these? Is there a reason for it?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » June 12th, 2011, 2:08 am

There's something I must be missing, as long as I know every Icon Pack features both european and north american versions.
What's the Icon Pack you're referring to, Phoenix, and what exactly it's not working?
Thanks!
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member