• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Card Art

Members requiring unique/custom artwork to complete their projects may request assistance from the Artists group within this forum.
Forum rules
Members: If a request requires specifics, please be as descriptive as possible. When your requests are filled, please edit the your first post and insert [Complete] at the beginning of the topic title.

Artists: If you are planning on filling a request, please make a post as soon as possible and let everyone else know your intentions. This will allow other Artists to focus on open requests.

Re: Card Art

Postby mitchiemasha » August 26th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Baylor... have you tried doing the tutorial on here somewhere to see how those images will look in the HQ style.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » August 27th, 2015, 5:21 am

mitchiemasha wrote:Baylor... have you tried doing the tutorial on here somewhere to see how those images will look in the HQ style.

Nah, the images are kinda for general use, so you can do what ever with them. It would be easy enough to crop them for cards. But if you find the tutorial and send me the link I promise I will give it a glance.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 17th, 2016, 6:53 pm

drathe wrote:I'm looking for some artwork for both cards and card backs. Preferably in a similar style to the regular HeroQuest cards. Specifics described as needed. Use your skills and imagination otherwise....

...No rush on any of the above requests. But I'm looking forward to see what the artist group's imagination comes up with for these.

If you're still interested, I'd like to remind you of worthy art by some of the Inn members. Sure, you may already know about it, but I wanna showcase what members have been up to. Hit an image to link to its Gallery location.

drathe wrote:Card Backs
  • Potions
  • Spell Scrolls
For my own games, I'd like to have these as separate card categories.

Sjeng:
    . . Scroll Card . . . . Potion Card . .
    Image Image

drathe wrote:Card Images
Preferably in a monotone like classic HeroQuest card images. Can be done in ink or pencil (I can vector them later for my own use and style)

Equipment
  • Canteen - an old wooden canteen used to store water
  • Spiked Gauntlets
  • Wooden Bucket - old wooden bucket with either a wooden or thin-wire handle
  • Empty Bottle/Jar - made of glass with a wide,corked mouth
    Artifacts
  • Tome of Sealing - ancient book filled with magical rites
  • Crypt Tools - old wooden toolbox filled with various metal tools

Goblin-King:
    Bottle/Jar
    Image Image Image
Ethica:
    Tome of Seeing
Did Ethica ever send you the image?

drathe wrote:Monster Images
Preferably in colour like classic HeroQuest monster card images. I will likely create icons based on the artwork to complement the cards.

Patroclus:
    Goblin with spear . . . Balur, the Fire Mage
    Image Image
I liked your own version for the versatility.
    Chaos Sorcerer

Sotiris:
    Doomguard

Anderas:
(no Gallery links yet)
    Skeleton Archer

Skeleton with spear and shield . . . . Goblin Archer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Goblin Whistleblower
    Image Image Image

drathe wrote:Potions
I would like to see some more potion bottles similar to the ones in the Alchemist's Shop from the North American expansions to use for various potions. As well as the following specific potions which may be designed like the potions from the treasure deck in monotone:

• Tonic of Force - doubles the number of damage from a successful attack.
  • Glowing Pink Substance
  • Brew - a small cauldron of misty brew

Herman_the_German:
    Potion bottle
He's made dozens more, linked here.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Artchive Requests